Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Man why did I do the Bruno G SBC. Now I am out of high rated fodder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Interested to hear your Rice thoughts. Think he’s a must do but disappointed with no 3 star skills.

Got Campos from the hero SBC which may be the least usable player going.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

Stefan Prodan posted:

yo do you guys not want to merge the two SA teams or what, we only have like 3 people it would be cool to join up

we're not really 'the other SA team'. it's me, a simple goon, and 5 irl friends.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Interested to hear your Rice thoughts. Think he’s a must do but disappointed with no 3 star skills.

Got Campos from the hero SBC which may be the least usable player going.

His regular gold already felt pretty strong so I'm hoping this card is really fantastic.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Dollas posted:

we're not really 'the other SA team'. it's me, a simple goon, and 5 irl friends.

oh ok I thought you guys were like a bunch of goons on PC, no problem

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

the rice card is good, he gets in the middle of everything

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
The red cards in this game are ridiculous.
Literally got a red card 6 games in a row lmao

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I had a center back bot give up a red card foul in the box last night on pro clubs. Very frustrating.

How do the bots’ stats work on pro clubs? Do they improve the more they play? Do the scale based on the pro’s level? Or do they stay the same all season?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ben Yedder is such a beast, like he was a couple Fifas ago. 31 goals in 19 games and I bought him for 950 coins :getin:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Have had some pack luck so far so rocking with this team now. Have just been sticking with squad battles so far since honestly just haven’t had much free time other than 30 minutes here or there but looking forward to being able to get some more games in with Kane and Lewandowski bombing in power shots

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I'm trying to find more time to get into WL. I am spending like an hour or two on the game a day, which feels like an absolute ton of time, but it's mostly spent figuring out SBCs, watching Youtubes, and doing squad battles for objectives. It leaves me very little time to do enough rivals to qualify for WL (still in Div 6), let alone actually play 20 WL games. I don't know how people do WL every weekend or whatever on reddit.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Mandalay posted:

I'm trying to find more time to get into WL. I am spending like an hour or two on the game a day, which feels like an absolute ton of time, but it's mostly spent figuring out SBCs, watching Youtubes, and doing squad battles for objectives. It leaves me very little time to do enough rivals to qualify for WL (still in Div 6), let alone actually play 20 WL games. I don't know how people do WL every weekend or whatever on reddit.

once you qualify once, if you win more than uhhh 7 games? i think you never need to worry about getting your div rivals points again assuming you don't fail qualification so that removes a ton of the friction.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

hopterque posted:

once you qualify once, if you win more than uhhh 7 games? i think you never need to worry about getting your div rivals points again assuming you don't fail qualification so that removes a ton of the friction.

6 and 9 Champs wins gets you 1000 qual points. Means you should only need 3-5 rivals wins depending on division per week.
11 champs wins gives full qual points.

I went 7-13 this week. Positive is that I definitely could’ve gotten 9 if it wasn’t for my team being a bit weak against full meta and bullshit cutbacks.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Subliminal Ninja posted:

6 and 9 Champs wins gets you 1000 qual points. Means you should only need 3-5 rivals wins depending on division per week.
11 champs wins gives full qual points.

I went 7-13 this week. Positive is that I definitely could’ve gotten 9 if it wasn’t for my team being a bit weak against full meta and bullshit cutbacks.

i could swear 9 gives you the full 1250 and the tier below gives a thousand.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Oh I’m probably wrong then! It was 11 last year but they’ve prob updated it!

In other news today has been good and bad.
Good: packed gold Salah
Bad: my level 39 reward was 2 discard 85s

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Could never resist an icon gamble SBC … lucky enough to get Makelele

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Adun posted:

Could never resist an icon gamble SBC … lucky enough to get Makelele

It was really cheap so I did it, only got crespo though

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I got Pires who I would never normally use I don't think but actually might be usable with the finesse shot+ and having quick step and technical as well

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
This is my team now, all just from rewards from objectives and champs. I should probably find someone besides 0 chem KDB to use but he's still pretty good

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

I got Pires who I would never normally use I don't think but actually might be usable with the finesse shot+ and having quick step and technical as well

he looks really good this year honestly, playstyles are genuinely a great addition to the game because they can make players that have historically been garbage usable or even good. john barnes is apparently a beast because of his playstyles.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Stefan Prodan posted:

This is my team now, all just from rewards from objectives and champs. I should probably find someone besides 0 chem KDB to use but he's still pretty good

I've bought KDB twice so far and he's just invisible for me. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.
Tried him as CM in a 4-4-2 or As CAM in a 4-1-2-1-2. Sometimes he makes a great pass, but most of the time he's just not where I want him to be. Joeilinton, who costs 60 times less, is way more involved in the game it feels.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I almost didn't play weekend league last weekend after barely scraping qualification (something that hasn't been an issue in years, basically) but wound up doing it anyway, which was a great idea, because i packed Caroline Hansen untradeable from the player picks.

so now i'm rocking some women's la liga players in my team like so:

I still have haaland but I got Crespo from the icon sbc and he's been surprisingly good so I mostly use Haaland as a sub to seal tight games (turns out subbing him on and running at defenders in the 70th+ minute is very powerful)

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

hopterque posted:

gotcha, I think I just need to dedicate a chunk of a few hours on the weekend to playing 20 games then. I also find that my play late at night is just sloppier when I get tired. You still have to requalify every week though right? Honestly, a lot of my anxiety for WL is just making sure I can win 4 games during qualification.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
If anyone is on the fence with Blanc and needs a premium defensive upgrade, he is outstanding. Got him paired with Kounde and really feel the difference from Saliba.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I'm very tempted. Don't have enough high end fodder so I'd probably need to drip into RMT either through EA points or through coin buying sites.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I drip fed him top down and managed to do it without spending any coins. Being a bit more frugal this year with my SBCs, last year I did so many that I never used and never had any spare coins. Meant I kept missing out on the really premium ones.

Definitely not missing whatever is this years 92 Mbappe.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Blanc is really incredible yeah. an absolute rock you'll be able to build your defense around for 6 months or whatever no problem. Icon chemistry is actually really good this year too so he's doubly good.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Tempted to open the coffers for whatever Vidic will cost and be sorted for CBs until March.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Stefan Prodan posted:

I bought pires and quite like him. He has the incisive pass playstyle too. Just pinging balls to Ben Yedder who scores basically everything.
I've tried replacing Ben Yedder with way more expensive players but I just keep coming back to him. It's crazy a 1,5k player is this good.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Still playing FIFA 23, infrequently, and lol I finally scored a competitive free kick,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMNXuAsTxc4&t=11s

and got the Finishing Mastery achievement :v:

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020
Is there still a Parmos team

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Tzen posted:

Still playing FIFA 23, infrequently, and lol I finally scored a competitive free kick,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMNXuAsTxc4&t=11s

and got the Finishing Mastery achievement :v:

lmao that kit owns

BigSexy posted:

Is there still a Parmos team

Yes:

Stefan Prodan posted:

I do use timed finishing because I think it's really useful for headers where I think it's fairly easy, also I think finishing is so loving jacked up otherwise I just feel like I'm going to hit the post every time without it

Also outside the box timed finishes are pretty good

BTW if anyone wants to play pro clubs I created Parmos United, you can look for the one with stefanprodan as manager and request a transfer and I'll add you

Would love to have any PC or Xbox players who want to join us this year, or I'm happy to join the PC crew if they want to set it up

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I bought Beckham and the dead ball+ playstyle is insane lol. The line that shows where the ball is going is ridiculously long, it owns

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Thought about starting the Eusebio SBC did a gamble icon pack instead and ... packed Eusebio!

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
i'm one sbc away from potm mbappe, jeez this has been expensive in $$$. Kinda just wish I did Eusebio as it's not like I do any skill moves for the 5* skills and would prefer to have Eusebio's 5* WF and cheaper SBC price

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Mandalay posted:

i'm one sbc away from potm mbappe, jeez this has been expensive in $$$. Kinda just wish I did Eusebio as it's not like I do any skill moves for the 5* skills and would prefer to have Eusebio's 5* WF and cheaper SBC price

I had been saving since the start and did Mbappe first week. He’ll be in your team until TOTS if you want. He’s so good.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
drat, wish I had Eusebio. But just looking at those kind of SBCs makes me :effort:

What team are you using?

I'm rocking this:

Socrates is a Brazilian powerhouse that waltzes through defenses.
Neymar same, but he does it with more style.
Liked Joeilinton's and Geyoro's gold so bought the upgraded versions. Van Dijk hasn't left my team since I packed him.
And I did the 150k evolution with Ben Yedder because I really like playing with him :)

Have about 500k too, but not sure what to spend it on. I quite like my team at the moment.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Have had good luck with the icon packs and just had to do the Zidane SBC since it’s freaking Zidane. Bonmati is great, she’s so responsive. Same as you, Van Dijk has been in the team since packing him, but need another CB to pair with him, though Moore has been surprisingly decent especially with Anticipate+.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Blew $50 on packs yesterday. Started without really using microtransactions but now I understand why FUT is the real money maker. Sometimes I enjoy the card collecting more than the actual gameplay. Packed Bompastor's new hero card - insanely responsive - and TOTGS Saka, which is my favorite player to control right now. I prefer his left stick over POTM Mbappe and the random Centurions Icon Ronaldinho that I packed off of a 10 coin engagement pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
drat just casually packing the most expensive player in the game. That’s sick. And yeah it’s a card collecting game with a gameplay shell, always has been

Adun fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 20, 2023