Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

shut up blegum posted:

Meh, I can never keep packs. :justpost: but with opening packs imo

this is the one week you should definitely do it because normally at best there's a 'best of' style special card thing going on but other than the entire point of the pre tots week is literally to give you a bunch of packs to open next friday.

e: I also generally agree that saving packs is a little silly these days when you get tons of good packs from objectives and stuff every week anyway, but this and the week or two before toty are like my big exceptions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Think I’m just going to open enough packs to keep crafting these 84x7’s and save everything else for the PL TOTS

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
It seems like saving packs for TOTY wasn't worth it so I'm not really motivated to do the same for TOTS

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
There’s nothing but TOTW in packs just now and TOTS is next. But to compare the two, TOTY is impossible to pack anything, TOTS is generally generous enough with everything but the absolute top end players.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
yeah its not even really comparable. by the end of TOTS most peoples teams will be entirely tots players (and sbcs/icons/heroes etc released during this period), by the end of toty only the lucky or rich have even one usable toty.

It's so significant and the players, even the lower tier ones, are usually so good and attainable that my team will probably change almost entirely every week. Especially this year when supposedly TOTS players will have 3 playstyle+s, which is gonna be a huge boost.

just as an example heres my squad right before tots last year and then like two weeks in:

https://www.futbin.com/23/squad/3935512

https://www.futbin.com/23/squad/4580677

and then towards the end: https://www.futbin.com/23/squad/4837543

hopterque fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 14, 2024

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Really liking TOTS Havertz in the midfield. Just feels like he’s everywhere and he’s especially good defensively given his size. Plus he’s pretty much guaranteed the two upgrades. Would recommend with everyone’s extra fodder from cracking packs for TOTS

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I've been working on Havertz but the fodder requirement is pretty insane. I am trying not to open 85+ packs until Friday, so it'll have to wait.

I eked out 9 wins this WL, it was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster. Started off 4-0, lost 9 straight, and then barely hit 9 wins 3 minutes before the end of the champs window thanks to someone gifting me a match.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Adun posted:

Really liking TOTS Havertz in the midfield. Just feels like he’s everywhere and he’s especially good defensively given his size. Plus he’s pretty much guaranteed the two upgrades. Would recommend with everyone’s extra fodder from cracking packs for TOTS

yeah he's great for me too, hopefully he'll get a bit of a shooting boost from the upgrades

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
TOTS starts tomorrow apparently so we all get to open packs one day earlier

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
So the TOTS we have now are just pretend TOTS?

EDIT: apparently it's friday, the loading screen was an error

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 24, 2024

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

me and my bunch of clowns finished runner up in elite

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Nice. Elite sounds difficult. My clubs team purposely tries not get promoted into it. Everyone on the team is much better than me, if you look at the win stats I am near the bottom of the table, haha.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
well here we are after two TOTS weekend leagues, here's what my team is looking like right now.

https://www.futbin.com/24/squad/2260140

Rice, Bisseck and Kudus are all red picks. My first red pick this week was really bad (i wound up picking Allison for rating) but my 2nd had Luis Diaz and Rice in it. I really like the look of Diaz but Rice has to be the best CDM in the game right now and I've been looking for a player that I really love at that position for ages so there you go.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Menu grind has been great still. Fodder is near unlimited if you put the time in. Finally unloaded all my packs for Havertz and Odegaard and played this weekend with…

My super subs

And some of the best of the rest

Hancko is possibly the best budget CB going. For 45k with boosted chemistry he’s as good or better as any I’ve used this year.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Not sure how you’re seeing an unlimited menu grind. I get stuck with a bunch of 83s and 84s that I can’t really leverage into higher rated cards.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah same, maybe doing the daily gold upgrades and chucking them all into the 80+ player pick. But even then you have to get lucky to get high rated cards, no?
And it's not infinite.

Sick teams btw

EDIT: how many players do you guys have in your club?

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Apr 29, 2024

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Unlimited is maybe an overstatement, I will concede. I’ve definitely needed champs, rivals and club reserves to keep it going at times - but I’ve not had to dig into my reserves too often. Although I did buy a 600k gamble pack with coins during Golazo.

Got about 230 cards rated 85+ in the club. 2400 total club items (130 gold, 1k silver, 530 bronze).

The grind has been much more sustainable this year than last. I get through a lot of picks when I’m on conference calls. Made about 1400 80+ the last week, ridiculous.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Best pull from TOTS so far for me has been Saliba who has been insane with Intercept+ and Anticipate+. Did manage to open enough fodder for both Odegaard and Alvarez

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Made about 1400 80+ the last week, ridiculous.

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Packed Rice and Saliba, which is nice. I don't really know how to fit all of them in my team though. My defence at the moment is Carlos Alberto and TOTY Renard. I like them both. Alberto has over 300 games for the club, don't just want to chuck him aside lol.

This is what I'm running atm:

Hernandez is in an evo at the moment, once he's done I'm doing the Lucas Vazquez TOTS evo. I also have Rolfo for LB, but wanted to do an evo, because why not.

This is wat I'll probably end up with:

Foden is fine , his finesse shots are on another level, but I'm still looking for a better alternative RM.