Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
this game is loving hard as hell this year jesus christ.

mp i mean. I placed into div 5 after going 2 wins 2 losses 1 draw in placements (i forgot that even clicking on my other monitor will automatically DC me and give me a loss on PC now so that counts for one of those) and i'm 1w-2l in div 5 so far. The divisions system is of course VERY different now so I'm not sure what early game div5 now would have been in previous years but gently caress me I'm really struggling to score so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
the drat teams already in this game

this dickhead put 5 past me in the first half and i got within inches of tying it up in the 89th minute.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

I got IF Xhaka who will shoot up to like 40k when POTM comes around. In the mean time I'm gonna build an old school 433 (2) and use him as a deeplying playmaker for now like how I used to use Xabi Alonso.

ALSO I GOT BALE IN AN SBC PACK.

Guess who's on easy street. Hell yea. Debating on selling him now (around ~450k) and just super investing in IFs while they're dirt cheap and people have no coins or waiting until he possibly rises around WL to ~600k

jesus christ

My best pull was the inform serie a goalkeeper who is discard.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

I'm talking about PS4, there is no early access, and afiak you can't buy points from the web app

you can normally absolutely buy points from the web app

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

you just click the fifa points (there's the little green 100 and coins and a red + sign underneath coin totals in my pic) and it opens a page to buy points. Same place its always been, so idk what that website is smoking

e: maybe the article inevitably written by someone who has no idea what any of this stuff even is is confusing the web "app" which is just a webpage with the mobile app, which is actually an app, and maybe you can't buy fifa points on there?

hopterque fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Sep 23, 2018

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
holy poo poo this bug where your player decides to take finesse shots for no reason is loving annoying and potentially/probably cost me two games today. Nothing better than powering one up to really nail into the far corner or near post or from distance or whatever and your guy just goes "hmm, actually..." and side foots it softly right at the keeper.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Kingfish posted:

Are those jumbo packs gonna be worth it?? I’m really tempted to buy the champion’s edition.

they're dogshit, they have value for the first couple of weeks but any sort of half involved play (like, if you do squad battles weekly and get gold 1) will render them obsolete extremely quickly.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
It took like 30 games for my web app transfer market to unlock so I wouldn't panic yet.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Weirdly my top scorer is Delaney who has like 10 goals in 12 games or something.

I might make some minor upgrades with the money I'm getting from these initial coin boosts, like buy a couple 10k players like Coman or Tolisso and Thiago.

I think running the 4-3-2-1 the CMs are definitely the most important part of the team since even in the final third I get a lot of offense from them coming up to shoot longshots or running through on a 1-2 so I'm gonna emphasize probably making them my best players.

I played two squad battles, I won 1 on legendary and I lost the other one to 3 header goals and a penalty kick :negative:

i get a ton of goals from my CMs no matter what formation I run, the way they overlap when things get stopped up near the box and the strength of finesse shots means they're involved offensively a ton.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Kingfish posted:

Is there a good resource for figuring out which SBCs are worth doing? This is the first year I’ve tried to actually build a respectable FUT team.

all the starter ones are worth doing, up to and through league and nation hybrids, because they're cheap and give decent packs and packing even a half decent player from one pack can make you your money back for the whole set.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I ran into this guy in division rivals today:

He later subbed on messi and Mbappe. He ragequit in the 85th minute after i scored a go ahead goal with Lacazette

On pc this is a 10+ million coin team, Eusebio is essentially extinct at a 5 million coin price range.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Look into Rodrigo for your La Liga team IMO, he's a drat beast.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

I just noticed today that for rank 2 in div 4, the untradeable reward is worse than the one for rank 3 lol

By like 25k coins worth too I think

this is probably a case of it not displaying all the rewards correctly, the 'real' rewards will be shown when you can pick them.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah, they're gonna patch a lot of that stuff pretty quickly, a bicycle kick being like the best way to score a cross is obviously very silly.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

I'm still a big advocate for Zaza and I think anyone trying a 433 should use him but I was waiting on and hoping for Mandzukic to get an IF to replace Zaza. What Mandzukic lacks in some pace and flair compared to zaza he makes up for with the power header trait + height, top top finishing, respectable passing and the x factor of having defensive capabilities upfield (which is extremely underrated). I'm gonna put engine on him and start whipping some serious crosses in. They both have the awesome strength and aggression combo but IF mandzukic is just too good atm. Hopefully Zaza gets an IF soon.

Seriously though defense on a striker seems pointless until you star winning interceptions 10 yards from goal and bringing your striker back to win tackles off unsuspecting midfielders. Obviously it's the least important trait for that position but it does help and makes a player feel unique. I rolled with Suker awhile back when he had those defending stats and it was fun.

e- ooo, mandzukic has the flair trait too nice. Obviously no 4* skills though.

Since we have like the same fifa brain I decided to switch to a serie a team and try IF mandzukic, big surprise, he's a drat beast.

Here's the squad I put together for now

https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/424020

Also, Mr Payday, the Lucas you have on your squad is the loan player, I'm guessing you know that but he'll only last 20 games. His 'real' sbc set is pretty affordable and doable, especially for what is right now a top tier RM in the game.

e: I'd also say he'll remain a good option at that position the entire year, I didn't get a better bpl RM than that until like post TOTS

hopterque fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Oct 4, 2018

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I went 17-13 for the weekend, which I'm pretty happy with considering that I'm still feeling pretty uncomfortable with the game in a lot of ways (especially shooting aside from finesse situations).

Mandzukic is a dang beast for me, I liked him so much that I rebuilt my other squad so I could use Cavani since I loved him in previous games and he's a similar type of player, and he's been brilliant as well.
Mandzukic and Cavani are both right around 1 goal and .5+ assists per game for me, which is saying something considering I'm having trouble scoring reliably.

Here's my two squads, I run the same tactics on both of them, copied more or less from the german pro DrEhano (but with my own formation choices for a couple of them). My 5 formations are 4-2-3-1, 4-2-2-2, the stock 4-4-2, a 4-3-3 (4) with the cam and two CMs, and my all out attacking formation is a 4-2-4

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
yeah 1on1s are like the hardest thing to score reliably right now which is obviously silly.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Dollas posted:

they are "gathering more feedback" before making more gameplay changes lmao

why is this funny, they didn't do this last year and they hosed up the game two weeks into its lifetime by overcorrecting. I'd rather they take a bit more time to actually improve stuff with the first major patch than set the game back a year again.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

T Bowl posted:

The CAM rating glitch is literally because when the play switches to defend the game tells the CAM his position is more at LB, how hard would it have been to fix that?

well, probably pretty hard for the one intern they have working on pro clubs that spends 95% of his time helping the main team figure out how to make volleys not magical

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

RCarr posted:

Just pulled an Aguero from my Division Rivals trade-able reward pack! :woop:

Very nice

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

RCarr posted:

Anyone gonna try to do the Eden Hazard PotM SBC? I'm wondering how much I would have to spend to do it. Probably 500k+, right?

https://www.futbin.com/squad-building-challenges

has solutions and rough pricing for all sbcs, he's very expensive. Don't spend half a million+ on an untradeable player unless you're rolling in dough or he's a favorite or whatever.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm really itching to try out Lewandowski this year, trying to figure out how to build a team around him though because I'm not terribly thrilled by the options at LB/RB in the bundesliga.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Lewandowski acquired. I sold Cavani, who I really love a lot so far tbqh, to get Lewa into this new version of the squad I had Cavani in.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Hey so big shock Lewandowski is a loving god this year.

He hits finesse shots that shouldn't have a chance over and over and over again, it's great.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Happy that i both got gold 1 again this week with 2 games to spare (that I didn't play since there are no monthlies anymore) and also that I correctly predicted one of the cards that Seltzer would say is a good investment so maybe I'm learning some poo poo

I got gold 1 as well, I wasn't even planning to finish all my games this weekend but I started 9-0 on friday and wound up getting all of them done pretty late last night.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Kingfish posted:

How’s Son? Thinking of picking him up for a 4-4-2 with Lucas on the opposite side.

he's amazing like every year basically.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
So rewards are out.

SO REWARDS ARE FRIGGIN OUT

hopterque fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 18, 2018

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
oh and then i opened my two 100k packs

im loving dying.

help.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 18, 2018

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

RCarr posted:

How the hell do you get a 100k coin pack? Is this weekend league rewards?

I opened my Division Rivals rewards and got about 7k worth of lovely players :(

Yeah, gold 1 (20 wins) in weekend league gives two Jumbo Rare Players packs, which are 100k coins when they're available to buy during promos. 24 rare gold players.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
2-4 to start the weekend with my s1ck new players of course.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Elliptical Dick posted:

loving hell hopterque nice haul. I'm waiting to open my packs until Ultimate Scream comes out. Is this a.) wise or b.) unwise?

Wise. I was originally planning to wait but was impatient, but obviously the kind of result i had is uhhh extremely atypical.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm selling Big Ron. He was great but having one insane player on an otherwise pretty good team isn't really my style, and I can use part of the money to improve my bpl team and part of it to build a very nice bundesliga/la liga hybrid and part of it to invest.

his stats from 9 games of weekend league. Inflated because I scored 5 in my first game with him (Not actually on purpose, he's just very good) but not really doing much more for me than lewandowski did or Aubameyang is doing.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Stefan Prodan posted:

Plus he does rape irl

That too.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Finished at gold 1 again this week with one game left, 20-9.

Sold my Ronnie for 2.9 million, built this team from the money, bought some cheap OTW players to see what happens, tried Pogba out (he's good, but not worth 600k).

Lewa as has already been discussed is insane but Griezmann is also loving incredible.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
The only way to get better is play more and long for death. I had a hell of a time adjusting this year and spent the first couple of weeks struggling to score even one or two goals a game, but now things are pretty much back to normal and i reliably score 3-4+ a game.

Oh also I tried out Neuer with the squad linked above but immediately replaced him because he cost me a game by rushing out like he likes to do IRL without any input from me and giving up easy chips to my opponent.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

eternity test posted:

Holy poo poo scream Caceres as a CM is really good. 99 shot power 99 longshots and decent allround stats. He was banging them in for me from long range last night as a half time sub.

I bought Suarez last night to replace IF Ben Yedder in my La Liga team and I just could not get him to work in my team. I think he got like 2 or 3 goals in about 10 games so im gonna sell him and try Griezmann instead. Ben Yedder is great but im kind of bored with him so hopefully Griezmann works out.

Im at the point now where both my teams are really good so any new players I buy feel like sidegrades at best. Im thinking about selling one of my teams and build a bundesliga squad because I would love to try Lewandowski but the bundesliga wingers look really lovely and I hate playing narrow formations this year.

Reus and Gnabry are both pretty great but the only half decent right winger is Belarabi so yeah it's a problem.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
My horrible squad making addiction continues, behold:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Oscar is like 5'10 in game, that's pretty 'average'. But Augusto looks way better.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Kingfish posted:

i just packed my first totw player (salnaes) and he kind of sucks. Is there any reason to hold on to him or should I try to sell as soon as possible?

most inform players are basically discard, unless you've got a good player or an 83 or 84+ one its not usually worth holding onto them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm probably gonna do it to pick up renato myself, I grabbed Talisca because there isn't really a better option but I want a more defensive minded CM for that spot.