Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

PRESS TRIANGLE TO HIDE

As someone who never really hosed with FUT, what is the best way to consistently make money on the app?

Also I wanna get down with some pro clubs, is there a group of people who all play each year?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Sep 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

Buy a popular player for his lowest BIN, mark it up like 4 clicks of whatever price they're at, like say buy for 1800 and list for 2100 or 2200, and just keep listing it every hour and someone will eventually buy it because they have paid $10000 for points and have 500k coins and they are just doing an SBC or some poo poo and don't care, or some other narrative as to why they are lazy and buying a 2200 coin player, but anyway it happens

Once the game launches do this with more expensive players that are super popular when you have more coins

For instance, last year I would buy Son for like 25k and re sell him for 29-30k several times per day

Thank you!

What’s the best way to determine what to pay for a player? Just pick someone and keep an eye on their BIN prices over the course of a day?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tzen posted:

There's also the "Bronze Pack Method", but it won't pay off until you have access to the full game and can list 100 transfers at once. I've been doing it with this limit of 30 transfers and have made 5k in one day of doing it. - Once the full game is out and more people are buying random bronzes to complete SBCs / need fitness cards / etc. you'll rack in a lot more over the course of a day. I remember during FIFA 18 I could make 15-30k a day doing it.

This reddit post explains it: https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/6z88tw/imaduckquackk_bpm_bronze_pack_method/

An example just now,
I bought a 400 bronze pack. It came with 4 players. 2 of those players sold for 200 coins. 1 player was worth more and just sold for 800 coins. The other player will eventually sell, as will the 2 fitness cards. - Spent 400 coins, immediately earned the 400 coin investment and made 800 profit. Will eventually earn another 600 profit from the fitness cards & player.

It's small profits, but over the course of a day/week, it adds up and takes zero effort or thinking.

Awesome, thank you! I created my UT last night, now I'm at work and I tried to log into the FUT Web App, but it says I cannot use it because I have a trial version of the game (The EA Access 10 hour trial). Is it possible to use the Web App now, or do I need to wait until the 25th?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

There's no way anyone can be playing the game right now besides the EA Access 10 hour trial, correct?

When I try to log on to the web app, it says: "Sorry, trial access users cannot use the FIFA 19 Companion App or Web App. You must purchase a full copy of FIFA19 and log into FUT on your console or PC before you can use Companion Apps."

I already purchased the game. I pre-ordered it over a week ago. I already started the game on my Xbone and created my FUT club, and opened all my packs and set my team up, etc.

Any ideas why I can't use the App?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

I think some people's accounts are bugged, that happened last year too. You can call EA about it but iirc they had no idea what was going on and just had to tell some people to wait until the game was out :(

I contacted support and they basically told me this. That sucks. :(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there anything on the FUT transfer market I should keep an eye out for buying low this early in the game, that I can turn around and sell for a profit?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

At what point do I stop doing the Bronze Pack Method and move to something more profitable? I’ve been doing the BPM but not much sells. I have about 8k coins now, should I blow them all on bronze packs or do something else?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Should I bother trying to sell the non player cards? I know fitness and healing cards will probably sell, but kits, stadiums, balls, training, etc. should all be quick sold or what?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

When do you sell him?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I accidentally left my Xbox on so my 10 hour trial ran out. :( And my account is bugged so I can’t use the app or website to buy or sell. :(

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can someone explain the SBC to me? I was at the UT challenge list part where I was supposed to use SBC and when I went there it wouldn’t let me do anything. Is it not released yet or what?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Where did you all pre-order the game from? I did it off the Microsoft store website. Is that maybe why I can’t access the FUT Web or Companion apps yet?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve played every year but 2018. Maybe since I never had a 2018 FUT squad, I can’t get on the 2019 app? Still makes no sense because I have a 2019 FUT squad made already.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I thought all preorders got access to the game 3 days early but apparently it’s just the champions edition and the ultimate edition. Welp I upgraded my preorder because I can’t help myself!

Still don’t have access to the web or the companion apps, I better get access tomorrow!

Is buying a ton of squad fitness cards as soon as the game comes out a good investment? Surely they will rise in price over the first week or two?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 24, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah I've bought probably 50 or so at 400 each, you can definitely sell them for 600-700 once weekend league rolls around no problem

Before my trial ran out yesterday I didn’t see any going for less than 600-700 (Xbox). Should I buy them at that price or no?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Anyone know what time the 3 day early access opens?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

God drat this game. So I finally get access to the FUT Web/Companion app and it says "Your account has been blocked from using the Transfer Market due to breaking our rules. Check the e-mail associated with your EA Account for more info."

The only thing I've done is buy some bronze packs and sell the players for 200 BIN. Also there I didn't get any e-mail. What the gently caress?

Edit: The companion app says something different though. "Your account has not earned access to the Transfer Market on the Web and Companion apps yet. Continue playing FUT 19 on Xbox One to unlock access to the Transfer Market."

Maybe one day I will be able to use the features I paid for, thanks EA.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Sep 25, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Guillermus posted:

Any suspicious activity on your account? I can be EA loving up too so you may want to try customer support just in case.

I haven't played FIFA since 17, and I played like 6 UT team games and bought some bronze packs and listed the players on the transfer market for 150 start price and 200 BIN. That's literally the extent of my activity in the last 2 years.

Edit: Now the phrasing on the web app matches the companion app. They both say "Your account has not earned access to the Transfer Market on the Web and Companion apps yet. Continue playing FUT 19 on Xbox One to unlock access to the Transfer Market."

RCarr fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Sep 25, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

hopterque posted:

It took like 30 games for my web app transfer market to unlock so I wouldn't panic yet.

Yea if that's the case, whatever, I'm not too upset. It was the fact there was a message accusing me of cheating or something that bothered me. I guess it was an error though since it's gone now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Yea I scoped it out a few days ago and slowly stacked them at 350. People are catching on now, slowly. The demand ultimately comes down to sheer numbers. The fifa userbase is loving huge and this guy will be packed such a tiny tiny amount compared to everything else in the game. People who want him will have a very limited supply to begin with. Add on the fact that people will quick sell him, use him in sbcs, stop playing fifa and leave him in their account etc. etc. and the supply just shrinks as the game goes on. Pre sbc era cards did the same thing. In fifa 13 Jermaine Jones 77 rated schalke card which was out for 6 months went from like 2k to 20k. The card was good but not crazy or anything.

Last year the Adrien Silva Sporting card which wasn't great either reached 80-100k. Granted that card was rare (as opposed to nonrare) and I believe out a shorter period than Negredo but it shows you people will pay a lot when the supply is low no matter how poo poo the card.

I don't have pms but I'll just drop my tips in here when I'm done doing them myself but while they're still viable. Other stuff where other people's trading can't possibly effect me I'll share right away. Like if you have 50k and nothing to spend it on getting five of the 83 rated 10k informs this week is a cannot fail strategy. I think there are higher returns to be had (and quicker) at the moment so I'm doing other stuff but that's just an example.

How long do you plan on holding these Negrado cards before selling? Are we talking a few weeks, or months?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seltzer posted:

I don't have pms but I'll just drop my tips in here when I'm done doing them myself but while they're still viable. Other stuff where other people's trading can't possibly effect me I'll share right away. Like if you have 50k and nothing to spend it on getting five of the 83 rated 10k informs this week is a cannot fail strategy. I think there are higher returns to be had (and quicker) at the moment so I'm doing other stuff but that's just an example.

Sorry for all the stupid questions, but I'm knew to this so it's all foreign to me. What makes getting these 10k informs guaranteed profit?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Good call on that Nakajima ToTW prediction. I bought a bunch of him at 650 each. When should I be looking to sell?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is there no way to Ultimate Team matches against opponents with similar level teams?

I have an all bronze team, but if I go to play online I just get matched up with all gold squads. Are there no bronze tournaments, or anything like the previous FIFA's used to have? Or am I just stuck playing super unfair matches until I spend a bunch of coins on a gold squad?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea but what if I want to play with a bronze team? I'm just out of luck? Seems foolish.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Got an in form Peter Cech from a reward gold pack. I have a goalie who’s nearly his equal already so I guess I should sell him. Looks like he’s going for 18k or so on Xbox. Sell or hold?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Am I doing myself a major disservice by turning off the timed shot thing? I don’t like it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Negredo price is climbing, sold 3 of his cards for 3k each this morning. Pretty nifty profit. I have about 15 more, I'm not sure if I should sell now or wait to see how high it climbs.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Sep 27, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That is the simplest/easiest way, yes.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve sold a bunch of Nakajima’s for 4K now. And a couple Negredo’s for 2-3k. Thanks for the tip!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

You must be on xbox, I've been listing negredo for 3k every hour for the past week and haven't sold any ever or even seen him above 850

I am yea, but he’s regularly selling for 650-1000, I guess I’m just getting lucky with a 2k-3k sale once ever day or so. The influx of new players buying a shitload of coins probably helps.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve played over 30 FUT games already and still don’t have access to the transfer market on the web app or companion app. What gives?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea the gameplay is good. Better than the last couple years.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So ive played over 50 games of FUT and the companion and web apps still tell me I don’t have access to the transfer market yet and to play more games of FUT to gain access. Nothing like not being able to access features of a game you paid full price for!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seltzer posted:

I would email them at this point.

I just finished chatting with EA Support and their response was, "I would like you to know that everything is going great you are doing good and it's just about playing more games.
You will have to play more games to proceed and then eventually will get the option available for the Transfer market."

I asked how many more games I have to play, and they responded, "You will definitely get the options as I see the account is going good with no problems you just will have to login and play every week on regular basis."

So basically, it sounds like they have no loving clue. It sounds to me like it's a bug, and they don't know how to fix it.

Edit: I asked the support rep I was speaking with to connect me to their supervisor and they straight up just ended the chat. gently caress EA

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 2, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Yea there seem to be a lot of actually usable skill moves this year. The berbaspin is poo poo again though.

Anyways remember how I found Modeste and hyped him up that one year? Zaza is that this year. I am telling you. He is stupid good. He has Tries To Beat Defensive Line, Flair, and Target Forward traits. I don't know how much they all do but flair is always great, it allows for all those no look and flick passes that other players can't do. Anyways, he has 4* skills and insane physical stats. 90 jump, 88 strength, 90 aggression. The strength aggression combo is always deadly but it feels much much more so this year. When you look at players with super high strength and aggression that are relatively quick he's essentially the only player left that's not an icon (my dude from last year Codoba is there too 74 rated now but I'll bring him back). The only other player really is Marega and he cannot dribble for poo poo. You can't lose with Zaza in a 433. I shield more than most players but even a little shielding or shouldering with him goes a lot this year. Zaza's downsides are the 3* wf and below average passing. He could be more nimble but he's got good dribbling for a big strong player. Oh yea and they gave him 80 penalties lol.

These ucl cards are pretty gimmicky but if you can pick them up for the same price as the nif versions or 1K more do it if you like the player imo. I got a few bargains like Pizzi for 2k.

Also I've got 200k right now from that Nakajima hustle. Gonna sell Bale before weekend league and go completely in on high rated cheap IFs. They are really low right now because no SBCs have needed them yet and that POTM Hazard around the corner absolutely will need them. Easily double the profit on those imo.

Which IF's are you targeting? I profited off your Nakajima tip so I would like to continue riding your coattails :)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

After bitching endlessly to EA support reps, and complaining on their Twitter that I still don’t have access to the transfer market on the web/companion apps, I suddenly have access today, even though I hadn’t played a single game of fifa in 2 days. Just goes to show you their excuse of “every Fifa player has a random magic number of FUT games they must play in order to gain access to the transfer market on apps” is complete bullshit. I suggest anyone who doesn’t have access, just keep contacting support and complaining. It’s ridiculous that they withhold features of the game you paid full price for, without even giving you a real answer as to why.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Make sure you filter it so you search for “special” players

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Kingfish posted:

Oh jeez, thanks. That’s such a weird feature. He doesn’t show up unless I search for him.

Yea it threw me for a loop when I was looking for him too.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Where do I see if a player has a special trait or something that I see people talk about sometimes?

Also, I bought Jordi Alba for my EPL squad, because I thought I had the filter set to EPL when I didn't. I can slot him in and my team's chemistry is still 100. Is that ok? Or will he play worse due to some FIFA magic and his links with surrounding players being red?

RCarr fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Oct 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Elliptical Dick posted:

Your team will be fine. Jordi Alba will be marginally less good than he could be. On the other hand, Jordi Alba is really expensive and you could spend those coins buying players that are actually perfect for your team.

ps I wish I had 76k coins to blow on a left back

I mean I can sell him and make my money back and get someone who fits. So there is a penalty for red links? Even if you still have 100 chemistry?