Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Any SA players do Co-Op for objectives? I’m very average and getting tired of getting constantly hammered trying to do Richarlison OTW!

*EDIT* Managed to sweat through this. There sure are some people who love to hammer people 6-0 and then run around with the ball where there’s an objective just to get a goal in a match!

Subliminal Ninja fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Oct 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I feel like there is something I’m missing in tactics. Whatever I play I’m constantly swarmed by 2-3 players who close down every passing lane. Is this down to tactics or is it just “git gud”?

*edit* 0-5 on the Race to the Top friendly objective… every time I score they score on kick off and everyone has loan Mbappe and FUT Champions selection players… it’s so off putting!

Subliminal Ninja fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Oct 9, 2022

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Very possible! Most likely I’m just getting old having not bought this on release (or at all) for the better part of a decade!
Game plays good, pro clubs is good, 8/10 getting beaten by kids hurts my soul.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Enjoy being able to afford every SBC?

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
My first proper FUT season and this is my team so far…

Wonder if I add RB Dzeko I’ll ever break out of Div 6 (I need to get better at finishing chances! I do not create enough and waste so many over the bar or at the keeper).

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

KDdidit posted:

I probably could put out a better team, but my eyes would start twitching if I didn’t have 33 chemistry. I just cannot bring myself to take Skøreloth out yet. I could probably stay at 33 chem if I put in Lukaku or Rulebreakers Dzeko or some other Serie A forward.

Have you tried POTM Moise Kean? He’s still available for 10 days for under 40k and has held a place in my squad since release.

I’ve seen people out finisher on him to make his shooting next level but I use a hunter for the speed burst and pair with WC Hero Morientes.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Sorry for double post but I sent my rivals rewards on the hero SBC and got… Marchisio! Bennacer, your watch is over.

Pending Cafu slotting in nicely at RB, I’m worried about how triggered some sweats will be when they realise how average I am while getting carried by the team.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Nice team! I currently play this formation in game on full chem and I honestly feel sorry for some of the people I play. Horribly meta, but for my first year playing FUT I’m happy with it.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I average 6-8 wins in WL, so I don’t think you’d have too much trouble!

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Adun posted:

Lol the Mbappe SBC is apparently 4m+ coins anyways

Near 5m. I was ready to full send if it was close to 3m but absolutely not now. I instead treated myself to an 89+ prime pack and got dupe Hugo Sanchez (yay!)

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Lovely picks! I’ve had a horrid time, currently 4-9, will be disappointed by capped picks but sometimes it just ain’t your week.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Similarly glad for SBCs recently. Changed 7 of my starters after a disappointing 8-12 last weekend.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I’ve went from having behind the curve CMs to having SS Zambrotta, M-Savic, Busquets, Rodri and TOTS KDB within a week. Good problem to have.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I got FB Best from an 80+ pick earlier. Doesn’t make the team but it was fun enough to make me 60/40 on the side of preordering.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
At least that’s what, 3 weekend leagues with him?
I got Jesus from an 86+ pick the other day and he’s absolutely disgustingly good.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Went a bit wild with the repeatable on the web app using pale tools during work and ended up with this to see out the last couple weeks…

https://imgur.com/a/XYOC89c

Edit - for some reason embedded images aren’t showing so included a link!

Subliminal Ninja fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 21, 2023

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Since 84x10 became infinite I’ve had tons of fun playing because rewards don’t matter anymore. If someone is playing like a prick I can just leave and get better rewards from cycling SBCs.

SS Pele in 13 rivals/champs games has had 15 goals and 8 assists. He is the best and most broken player I’ve ever used. He basically teleports to where the ball is and can’t lose it.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Elliptical Dick posted:

I just can't bring myself to grind SBCs like that. I get so bored. I know I have the fodder to do it but it seems like such a slog.

I use Paletools on browser web app. With Use Dupes and Squad Builder I can open and complete an 84x10 roughly every 10 seconds… I opened about 500 during a series of long conference calls the last few days.

You can also disable the pack opening animations which saves a ton of time.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I hit nearly 1000 84x10s (while working so it’s not weird) and didn’t get Benz, TOTY Mbappe, SS Henry/VVD or TT R9…

But I did finish Zidane, then immediately packed Donnarumma at content and completed Haaland ASAP.

I now have more luxury players than I am comfortable with to the point where I need to choose between Dinho and Zidane lest I end up playing a 4-1-5.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I already preordered because I have no impulse control and like gambling.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

hopterque posted:

the majority of players they've added the last couple weeks have had premium chem, I'm really curious if that's something we'll see more of earlier in the cycle for fc 24

I hope so. Loads of good promo players that I’ve just never been able to fit in my team this year. Imagine if that 93 Bale was premium, oh man.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

shut up blegum posted:

I thought this fifa, players' stats didn't get lowered if they're not on full chem. They get a boost if they are on full chem.
So with that Haaland card and those stats, does it really matter at what chemistry level he is?

Doesn’t really matter but he is “premium” so gets full chem so long as he’s in the correct position anyway. The dribbling boosts you can give him are welcome though.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Speaking of lengthy. Hope you’re all excited for gold card lengthy meta to be back in a few weeks!

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I saw the 42 squads and immediately felt like I was robbing EA with the one squad Nkunku and Diaby. Shame the duos card design isn’t that nice.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Auto solver sounds incredible. That would streamline my work day even further than Paletools.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Packing Mbappe certainly seems like a more efficient way to spend a day than when I got bored on Saturday morning and done all 42 CR7 squads in one go! Efficient cycling of 85x10s meant I managed to do the full thing without using a single card from my club, only dupes.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I have no idea what happened today but I had my first chance to play FC 24. Played about 10 squad battles with bronzes, done some BPM to do the foundations SBCs, and somehow packed an untradable disgusting attack.

How are you guys hosting images now because I really want to share my front 3 of Trezeguet, Haaland and Govou. All packed within a couple of hours.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Seems to work now! I’ve not even played a game with it yet…
The foundations SBCs I mean were the nations/leagues giving 50/100k packs.
Haaland was from the level 5 season reward, 80x10.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Game has been very generous with packs available through objectives and foundation SBCs. Then the join the club ones from last game in a couple weeks. A strong starter squad shouldn’t be difficult to build.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I was away for a week, got back and played some rivals today. I immediately promoted to Div 6 and proceeded to get absolutely hosed sideways for the next hour or so.

I really need to get used to this because I now have enough points to do Quals and I don’t want to have to play rivals much for champs points every week!

Didn’t help that my 83x10 from Level 19 was 7x83 and 3x84. Was hoping to at least get some fodder for an SBC!

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Interested to hear your Rice thoughts. Think he’s a must do but disappointed with no 3 star skills.

Got Campos from the hero SBC which may be the least usable player going.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

hopterque posted:

once you qualify once, if you win more than uhhh 7 games? i think you never need to worry about getting your div rivals points again assuming you don't fail qualification so that removes a ton of the friction.

6 and 9 Champs wins gets you 1000 qual points. Means you should only need 3-5 rivals wins depending on division per week.
11 champs wins gives full qual points.

I went 7-13 this week. Positive is that I definitely could’ve gotten 9 if it wasn’t for my team being a bit weak against full meta and bullshit cutbacks.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Oh I’m probably wrong then! It was 11 last year but they’ve prob updated it!

In other news today has been good and bad.
Good: packed gold Salah
Bad: my level 39 reward was 2 discard 85s

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
If anyone is on the fence with Blanc and needs a premium defensive upgrade, he is outstanding. Got him paired with Kounde and really feel the difference from Saliba.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
I drip fed him top down and managed to do it without spending any coins. Being a bit more frugal this year with my SBCs, last year I did so many that I never used and never had any spare coins. Meant I kept missing out on the really premium ones.

Definitely not missing whatever is this years 92 Mbappe.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
Tempted to open the coffers for whatever Vidic will cost and be sorted for CBs until March.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009

Mandalay posted:

i'm one sbc away from potm mbappe, jeez this has been expensive in $$$. Kinda just wish I did Eusebio as it's not like I do any skill moves for the 5* skills and would prefer to have Eusebio's 5* WF and cheaper SBC price

I had been saving since the start and did Mbappe first week. He’ll be in your team until TOTS if you want. He’s so good.

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
The teams for this stage of the game are still pretty wild. I’ve enjoyed how easy it has been to “keep up”.

TOTW VVD in club, 92 KDB in reserves…

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
My partner was watching something exceptionally long earlier so while she was occupied I used the web app to cycle exchanges and about 400 80+ picks.

In the very last 10 I was planning to do I got 5* SM Benzema which leaves me a massive dilemma. Packed WW Ronaldo last Sunday, have 92 Mbappe and Werner. Beyond spoiled for choice!

Edit: Current team - scrolling back still three players holding on from my late Dec squad

Subliminal Ninja fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subliminal Ninja
Aug 30, 2009
How is everyone else’s team doing?

Also my Yaya, after putting my entire fodder reserves through upgrades came from a random 77x3. Never pack anything from the big stuff. This year does seem super easy to get an outstanding team though.