Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As every year I'll buy both games. Hopefully I'll enjoy this one more but... Vidal 57 pace? Robben 79? Are they seriously needing it overall or is just crazy ratings? :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Fifa 19 is out! Trying it out on PS4. So far not bad, slower gameplay but my main gripe and the thing that made me like how FIFA handled better than PES was the right stick first touch that has been great since... Fifa 2003 or 2004, they nerfed it so a lot of players will do a small "chip" and you can get tackled while not having full control of the ball.

This happened in my very first match on the demo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rLvYtDg8dQ

:downsgun:

Good thing is that, like every year, the demo is an outdated beta build because it would be hilarious to see that happening during a big tournament.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I don't know but hitting the side of the net from inside and coming out of the goal isn't normal. Even if it hits slightly the post, the ball should have gone deeper into.

The game looks gorgeous and some animations got better. Pochettino looks great too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AISPLUsVyUU

(still uploading higher res as I post this)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Any suspicious activity on your account? I can be EA loving up too so you may want to try customer support just in case.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hopterque posted:

Klose Update:

Immediately after my previous post complaining about him I started doing much better with him. He's got a couple extra uncredited goals and assists (two clear goals that happened to be deflected into the net at the last second, and so being credited as own goals and a couple assists that magically just didn't count because I don't actually know why). My first 3 games with him he had 1 goal and 2 assists, so he's performing SIGNIFICANTLY better. Is he worth a million coins? No. Honestly not even close. But I might hold on to him just because he's my favorite player of all time. I'd love to get my hands on his prime card but its basically not available on PC at all unfortunately.

e: Having posted this, I just noticed that not a single one of his cards is available on the market now, so I listed mine for 1.6 million trying to make some free money.

Klose was my top scorer on Fifa 13 and 14. On 14 with how good headers were was just ridiculous and destroyed so many million coins squads with my Serie A squad.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Last Fifa I spent at least a hundred hours in was 17. 18 wasn't my jam and 19 was kinda meh since I got tired of FUT on 17 and offline modes aren't fun if the actual gameplay isn't. Sad thing is that not even PES is doing any better so I even had to undust my Fifa 13 (lol) copy on my 360 to play some matches in the last three or four months.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Street mode and fustal are two things that may push me to play fifa again since I've been a 80% offline player the last two years. Feels weird to be hyped!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seltzer posted:

Juventus will be called "Piemonte Calcio" in fifa 20 lol

Really? That's a weird thing to see considering that they've been winning licenses to Konami lately.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Anyone else try the PES demo? I'm enjoying it

Is there any ETA on FIFA one? Didn't enjoy 19 at all and basically spent most of my footy matches in PES offline the last two years (and a lil bit of MyClub).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

vivisectvnv posted:

i would enjoy PES 1000x more if you could fully remap the buttons so i can use my FIFA muscle memory...oh and the UI is a heaping bag of garbage

i've only played the demo and that "lite" version that was free on PS4, can you remap the controller in the full game?

fifa20 demo is usually early Septemberish right?

You can fully remap the buttons to fifa standards since... PES2008? A coworker of mine sometimes come to my gooncave to play and he has a profile on PES2019 with full fifa controls. I've played both games for so long that I can adapt to each game's default controls in the first match. It helps that they feel completely different.

The demo for PES2020 lets you remap everything too.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seltzer posted:

I got into the fifa 20 beta without signing up for anything... It's like EA knew I was pulling away.

e- The beta I got into has kickoff and volta which is good because volta is the one new thing I'm interested in. I think other people got selected for FUT, career mode etc.
e2- Long beta as well, about 2 weeks

I've been disconnected, what's Volta?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oooh that's a thing I'd love to try. I still have Fifa Street on my 360 and is drat fun and miss that stuff from Fifa 98.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

What happened with PES? I'm away from my gooncave for over a month and I missed it. Also Fifa 20 demo.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I know is a kinda stupid question but for someone that wasn't thrilled about 19's gameplay. What did 20 improve? I'm not going to play much FUT but try some good ol' manager and really casual since I don't play football games that much anymore outside some couch PES 2019 with friends. In fact last Fifa I "liked" was 17.

Is Fifa 20 on Origin pass already? Tempted to pay a month and give it a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hopterque posted:

it's on premier, the 15$ a month version, it wont be on the 5$ a month version until like next may. And it's not worth buying/playing for career mode, which is apparently still broken.

My suggestion if you like the manager stuff is to get into Football manager, which owns and will eat your life.

Thing is that I like to play some matches too so I ended getting PES 2019 on february on PSN for like 10 eurobucks or so. PES 2020 (now it seems to be called eFootball PES 2020 :psyduck:) seems to have an improved master league and you can slap mods on both PC and PS4 versions but I still kinda like the huge amount of Fifa licenses... I guess I'll wait for a christmas sale on both and see what I end getting. I played a Football Manager years ago and it was awesome but I miss the actual gameplay.

I play PES5 and 6 on PC updated to actual rosters from time to time because they're still fun and still own FIFA 13 on Xbox360 which was drat fun to play too even if career mode wasn't too deep.