Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Never played FUT before but figured I'd give it a try on a lark. It's fun so far but my only question is, is there any easy way to figure out which Squad Building Challenges you can complete with what players you have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

The SituAsian posted:

Futbin has an SBC section that has user submitted solutions. Most usually copy the solutions so some of the listed prices can be inflated because everyone rushes to buy those players on the market so I use the solutions mainly to just a better idea of what links I need to use.

https://www.futbin.com/squad-building-challenges

Thanks. Game looks great, but I also haven’t really played any FIFA in the last ten years. Time to watch some YouTube videos or something and figure out how to actually play the game

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Solo challenges is great. If I can dick around by myself for 20 minutes a day and play a few matches on the weekend that’s perfect

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I bought this stupid $100 game on ps5 so I could play it early despite having two young kids and no free time to play it early.

What are parms and does it require me to actually keep to a schedule?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Highlight of my packs has probably been Dembele so far who feels great to play with given his pace.

The Gakpo POTM SBC also seems really cheap for how good that card is.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Stefan Prodan posted:

Supposedly there's a cheat on PC where you can just instantly win so if you're not on PC then turn off cross play

Also lol apparently EA accidentally released a traceable hero pack for 25k today for all of 5 minutes

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Elliptical Dick posted:

Packed untradeable Haaland today. Goddamnit you guys now I'm hooked.

Awesome! I’ve had pretty good luck with packs so far in that I seem to have packed an entire La Liga team. Latest was getting Kounde from the marquee matchups yesterday. Just saving up for Benzema now

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
They did a big title update last week l, but I don’t play pro clubs so can’t comment specifically.

My La Liga pack club continues, just opened a rulebreakers Pique

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Got Seedorf from the Icon SBC. Happy with that.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Yeah I’m always happy to throw some un-tradeable fodder at lottery tickets. Managed to only get one game in before the kids came home but Seedorf plays great. Now I just have to buy the Milan kit

Also heads up the first Amazon Prime gaming pack just dropped as well

Adun fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 17, 2022

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
It should be open all month

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Packed Joe Cole from that hero SBC which was a win but I’m not sure I understand how chem for Heroes works since I was surprised he went into my La Liga at full chem.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Packed the 92 WC icon Eusebio from the latest SBC and that’s by far the best player I’ve ever gotten in my short time playing FUT. Still having fun just dicking around on Squad Battles.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Elliptical Dick posted:

Wow! Nice one. I don't think I've ever packed a player worth 2 million coins and I've been playing FUT since about 2018 now. What pack did you get him from?

I'm still sitting on 50+ packs for the full TOTY release on Friday. Not that I'll pack anything good lol

The 88+ icon SBC so untradeable but still, great outcome for some old fodder

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Elliptical Dick posted:

So I did this one with some junk I had lying around in my club so no coin outlay and got mid Garrincha. Pretty sweet!

That's awesome. Didn't have as great of luck with the two latest icon SBCs, but wasn't terrible. Got prime Veron and prime Luis Hernandez. Still luck is with me though, did manage to a TOTY Icon Nesta though and holy poo poo only managed to play one game with him but he's amazing. Him and Van Dijk are just absolute destroyers in the box. Can't even imagine how good the speical Van Dijk cards must be.

Here's the team now. Finally started playing Rivals. I would kill for one of the upgraded Benzema cards but his gold still works great for me

Adun fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 27, 2023

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Tzen posted:

First game with Sócrates there was a disconnect after only a few minutes. So first real game with Sócrates and he scores 5 goals and the other player ragequit lmao this dude is insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHfaCW4Jt70

Jesus christ those goals from outside of the box are insane. How are you hitting those?

Seltzer posted:

It's reached the point in the year where I bail and have had enough of the power curve. Its probably been annoying for a month now at least but its simply just not viable to use fun players anymore. I know we will never get the fifa 13-15 era where non rares, week 1 IFs etc were viable to the end of the game but drat they need to rework the power code and not make certain cards cheat codes that are necessary to use. Using Ronaldo in a game like 15, yes he was elite, but it wasn't glitched where they are untackleable, if the ball gets tackled goes back to them against physics, and score from preposterous angles. I remember winning division 1 with that 72 eddy johnson as one of the strikers. If they had a league or ongoing tournaments that capped out at a team rating of 86 or so I'd stick around but man the way they make elite cards play is really really wack.

Also I just wish they would go back to only performance based cards. I know the genie is out of the bottle on that but giving random french right backs 99 passing and putting chiellini at CAM, it's all just very stupid to me.

The promotion/relegation system and match-making in general feels pretty bad in Rivals. I just started playing Rivals after doing only squad battles for a few months and I feel like a prick sometimes because I'm in division 9 playing some dude with all mediocre golds with a team that has a bunch of icons.

Adun fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 4, 2023

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
First experience with Weekend League was rough. Quick 0-4 last night but the last game at least was a banger where I ended up losing 6-4 in extra time. That big fucker POTM Sorloth the bane of my existence.

On the plus side lucked out with my fifteen token pick and got WW DeBruyne. And what the hell he has 99 physical

Adun fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Feb 11, 2023

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Elliptical Dick posted:

WL tends to be sweaty as gently caress. Did you have fun with it though?

Hell yeah had two great matches in between getting spanked. Also learned a few things namely that I needed more defensive support in the midfield so switched things up a bit.

Had a lot more success with this and Kante and Pogba sitting in the midfield. DeBruyne as pretty much a second striker in the box has been great. At some point I think I'll want to replace Cole with one of the Saka special cards but enjoying the team as it is. Everyone in FIFA seems to play so aggressively and press so heavily that it's all about having enough people back to not get scored on and then set up a counter.

Oh when does FIFA update teams for transfers? I'll have to switch out Cancelo at some point if/when they update him to a Bayern player

Adun fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Feb 16, 2023

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
There is really nothing like getting absolutely styled on by a guy 9-0 to make you remember there are people who are really really good at this game.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Just got promoted to Division 6 in the 85th minute with perhaps the sweetest goal I've ever scored in FIFA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UV8n5J0yk8

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Got WC hero Al Owairan from the SBC so guess I’m gonna partially join the annoying pace merchants

Welp first game he scored 2 goals in the first 10 minutes and the other guy quit

Adun fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 12, 2023

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Al Owairan is a goddamn cheat code. Now I’m tempted to just lean into it and save up fodder for this Mbappe SBC…

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Lol the Mbappe SBC is apparently 4m+ coins anyways

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Subliminal Ninja posted:

Near 5m. I was ready to full send if it was close to 3m but absolutely not now. I instead treated myself to an 89+ prime pack and got dupe Hugo Sanchez (yay!)

Haha same here treated myself to a spin of the roulette wheel and packed prime Drogba.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
How is Ederson? I’ve got him but haven’t switched him in yet for chem reasons but I’m tempted.

Here’s the team now, was so pumped to get Prime Henry in this icon SBC since he’s probably my favorite player of all time. He’s so good, the lankiness seems to really mess with defenders.

Welp just packed gold Mbappe from the 80+ player pick so this will change

Will replace Xabi Alonso with the leaked Kante SBC once it’s out I think which should get to full chem

Adun fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 28, 2023

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Did the Kante SBC and goddamn that guy is great. Wiped out all of my fodder but I managed to play two games with him tonight and he totally dominated the midfield.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Elliptical Dick posted:

Anyone have any clue if the FUT market is going to continue to crash? I'm going to be away for 3 weeks soon and contemplating selling everything but not sure if I'll screw myself for the endgame

Nowhere to go but down. Gold Mbappe feels like the signpost for prices and he’s been a one way train lower.

With this year winding down I’m pretty curious what they’re gonna do with EA FC next year. I’m sure they’ll just do the same poo poo because it’s working but it’d be interesting if they tried to do something new.

Adun fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Apr 21, 2023

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Last year I got tired of FIFA before the sweet endgame packs. I’m kinda looking forward to picking up EAFC in the late game this year once I finally work though my backlog of other games. Meanwhile I’ll just keep lurking for the sweet pulls

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Have had some pack luck so far so rocking with this team now. Have just been sticking with squad battles so far since honestly just haven’t had much free time other than 30 minutes here or there but looking forward to being able to get some more games in with Kane and Lewandowski bombing in power shots

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Could never resist an icon gamble SBC … lucky enough to get Makelele

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Thought about starting the Eusebio SBC did a gamble icon pack instead and ... packed Eusebio!

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Have had good luck with the icon packs and just had to do the Zidane SBC since it’s freaking Zidane. Bonmati is great, she’s so responsive. Same as you, Van Dijk has been in the team since packing him, but need another CB to pair with him, though Moore has been surprisingly decent especially with Anticipate+.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
drat just casually packing the most expensive player in the game. That’s sick. And yeah it’s a card collecting game with a gameplay shell, always has been

Adun fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 20, 2023

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Honestly loans and drafts are really helpful before committing to an SBC. Like for example for reason I just don’t really vibe with Gullitt after trying him a few times in draft

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Christmas hat Payet last year was sick.

Also some of these evolutions are getting pretty up there. Turned my TOTW Alaba into this beast with the TOTW upgrade + Pep’s Legacy

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Dollas posted:

yo does anyone know about this bullshit disconnect glitch everyone is abusing in clubs

Nope but speaking of glitches EA accidentally released a player pick which by my back of the envelope calculations gave a 22% chance of getting TOTY Messi.

Lmao

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
This was kinda cool

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Jesus Christ just packed WW Pele out of the latest icon pick

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
The pack weight for this promo seems really good relative to crap weight most of this year. This promo honestly the only I remember getting anything decent from packs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
The exchange -> pick -> exchange loop combined with better pack weight has made this probably the most enjoyable promo for me. Hopefully EA will close out the year on a high note