Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
So i finished in Elite 3 after grinding the legendary AI down. Once you stay patient and get the hang of slow buildup plays and dribbling and "send a player running for a potential through ball" and the AI breaks formation, you got enough space. I usually finish with 70%+ possession as I keep the ball in the first half passing around.

Now all that work got me 1 Mega Pack, 2 Premium Goldplayers Packs and 12 k coins.

Now I wonder how some people beat Ultimate and they have to beat ultimate I guess, to finish in the top 100 or to 50? While you can control the game against Ultimate AI, I felt, hey, that style against legend AI might work here, too. But once I score, the ultimate AI just switches to full pressing all over the pitch and wrecks me. I hardly intercept passes, ii is almost impossible to block shots an I get equalized within minutes and can't beat them from there on. How do you regularly beat Ultimate AI? Maybe it is just practrice, but these games are an excercise in frustration so far and limit the own ranking progress because I can't beat the highest AI. And thats like 300-400 points difference every game to legendary AI, and this sums up over the Squad Battle days.
And of course, the games I lost and will lose against legendary as well, because sometimes you make errors and wanted to force it too much, is really heavy loss on top of that.

I like this mode because it is a risk and reward system depending on your own skill vs AI, but beating Ultimate seems impossible for me, right now. But then again, how will you get into the Top 50+?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Whales. People buying thousands of dollars in fifa points and quickselling a lot of trash. Also EA access has been up for like 4 days now so match coins are in the game. Anyone buying a 250k plus player right now is a whale or a top .5% trader.

As a former big spender in this gambling card simulator I can confirm that something around 8 to 10 x 12K FIFA points within the first days allow you pulling and buying cards to build a Top Team with 185+ OVR and send you into the Top 100 List.
I got so many coins on top of that by selling Team Fitness Cards, Chem Cards and Training/Stats Boost Cards plus all the double cards you finally get and you quciksell them or list them as well.

In Fifa 16 and 17 I had an 185+ Team and 300K to 500K on top of that and like 2000 players in my Club.
From there own I invested in the 2-4 informs every week to sell with profit later. So you never ever are short on coins once you spend several hundred bucks.

Of course if you want icons, Ronald, Messi or Neymar packed or coins to buy them within the forst weeks, you need sth like 800k to 1000K Fifa Points. And the next quarter again. Like the streamers, but they don't spend the viewers money, not their own ;)
IIRC the top whales and streamers invest sth between 10k and 25 K Euros/Dollars over every Fifa iteration.

I usually ended around 1000 Euro +/- evey FIFA 15, 16 and 17 and it was stupid wasted money for some weeks of "fun" as a shortcut and playing without limits and grinding. This business model is absolutely madness, but the shareholders are happy, and I fueled it in hindsight.

Now I have more fun playing broinze and silver squads or cheap gold squads and grind from there.

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Sep 24, 2018

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

So this is my Brazil themed Team after getting IF Talisca and finishing the Lucas POTM Squad builder.
In former pay for points years I already had a ovr 86+ team at this point but the road to upgrades is fun.

I would love to add Firminho and Douglas Costa, but they are about 110k and 180k coins on PC last time I checked.

IF Talisca is a beast as CAM and really fun to play. He feels „stronger“ than a a 84 ovr player.
Maybe it is because of Paulinho. He is solid but does not feel like a 85 player in contrast, maybe I should play him as CAM and/or learn to utilize him better.

IF Leiva is completely destroying opponents CAM‘s and CM‘s with aggressive settings, he has 89 interceptions ingame value and became my most revenge fouled player in Div Rivals. I am still not sure if I prefer him as a CDM or CM.

POTM Lucas is so loving agile and so loving fast that I had serious problems to adapt the first games, he felt like a bouncy/superball in a pinball machine.
Good and strong LB‘s will completely block him tho physically so you have to use his 4* Skills and Agility to create space and get past fast and anticipating defenders.

Of course I lost my first SB on worldclass with that squad after the AI netted a 15 Meter header in the 89th Minute for the win just after I hit the post 2 times in a row. Was my first ragequit vs CPU in a while.

And of course my 4 Gold and 7 silver player HSV fitness squad performed better and I scored this beauty with IF Lasogga https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI2El0a4ETM :confused: :nsa:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

Seltzer posted:

Seriously though defense on a striker seems pointless until you star winning interceptions 10 yards from goal and bringing your striker back to win tackles off unsuspecting midfielders. Obviously it's the least important trait for that position but it does help and makes a player feel unique. I rolled with Suker awhile back when he had those defending stats and it was fun.
Did I understand this correctly, you slap a chemcard like Anchor on a striker?
I looked up raregold Mandzukic and his 66 DEF value is one of the best (#26) when you sort attackers.
Valentin Rongier is currently at #3 behind Gullit (83) and Blanc (79) which are icons.

If you build a best possible interceptions team with Anchor Cards and aggressive interception settings and like 532, could that work even slightly ? Might be a funny Troll team or a free win for your opponent. At least it would be a funny experiment / experience.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
With Access Premiere I got FIFA 20 included and I only played Volta the last days. It is not FIFA Street reborn but a fun offline arcade mode that should last to finish the „story“ mode once and be done with it I guess.
Unless EA puts some effort in more Volta modes, especially sth like „Ultimate Volta mode“

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-07-inside-fifas-dodging-discord-scandal
Refers to the thread title