Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

FIFA 19 is coming boys!

The official release date is September 28, 2018, but you can get it early if you do pre-orders/origin poo poo. Refer to twitter for actual news/updates in the coming weeks: https://twitter.com/easportsfifa

FUT player ratings are trickling out and as expected it's a travesty:

Sterling scored 23 goals across all competitions and received a downgrade in shooting, yay!

Robben getting robbed of pace,

and Vidal went to Barcelona and became a cripple,

Also they've added a shitload more Icons,

I expect the game to be as poo poo or worse than FIFA 18, and yet I'm still looking forward to it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Demo is solid, although I can't do timed finishes to save my life.

Seems like the FUT webapp will be available tomorrow. Or is it tonight? What time & timezones exactly?

I'm hyped to build up a lovely starter squad :pcgaming:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Looks like the web app should be released within a few hours and they also dropped TOTW1:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

UnderFreddy posted:

Okay, so I just got that IF Payet from one of my first packs. When is the best time to sell him? A week after the game comes out or something like that? People don't really have money now it seems
oof you lucky gently caress. I'd hang onto him for at least a week. I could see his price rising like crazy. He's currently available for buyout at like 30k, but in another week once the game is out proper I can see that price rising like crazy.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

All my loyalty/starter packs were full of garbage. I did the 4 opening SBCs and got more garbage. However, I was able to build an "A" squad and a fun b squad,

I'll continue to stack up what coins I can from the webapp and plan to play out these squads for awhile. At least until I have some decent bank from the coin boosts. Then I'll build up the A squad and probably replace the b squad with some other league/nation. We'll see!

This is the best time of FUT/FIFA I swear. :pcgaming:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

RCarr posted:

As someone who never really hosed with FUT, what is the best way to consistently make money on the app?
There's also the "Bronze Pack Method", but it won't pay off until you have access to the full game and can list 100 transfers at once. I've been doing it with this limit of 30 transfers and have made 5k in one day of doing it. - Once the full game is out and more people are buying random bronzes to complete SBCs / need fitness cards / etc. you'll rack in a lot more over the course of a day. I remember during FIFA 18 I could make 15-30k a day doing it.

This reddit post explains it: https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/6z88tw/imaduckquackk_bpm_bronze_pack_method/

An example just now,
I bought a 400 bronze pack. It came with 4 players. 2 of those players sold for 200 coins. 1 player was worth more and just sold for 800 coins. The other player will eventually sell, as will the 2 fitness cards. - Spent 400 coins, immediately earned the 400 coin investment and made 800 profit. Will eventually earn another 600 profit from the fitness cards & player.

It's small profits, but over the course of a day/week, it adds up and takes zero effort or thinking.

Tzen fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 22, 2018

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

I got IF Werner from one of my SBC packs!

Dunno whether to sell him now or wait a couple weeks to sell him before the first weekend league, or whatever

I'll probably sell him now, I think I can make more by trading for a few days than holding onto him and just getting the 20-30k rise from him alone
drat what luck!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

I got IF Xhaka who will shoot up to like 40k when POTM comes around. In the mean time I'm gonna build an old school 433 (2) and use him as a deeplying playmaker for now like how I used to use Xabi Alonso.

ALSO I GOT BALE IN AN SBC PACK.

Guess who's on easy street. Hell yea. Debating on selling him now (around ~450k) and just super investing in IFs while they're dirt cheap and people have no coins or waiting until he possibly rises around WL to ~600k
jesus christ

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

My best pull to date is from a daily login reward, PL pack, Giroud, sold for 1.7k. :flaccid:

I still have hope. The past 3 FIFA's I've either pulled an Icon or some insane IF.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

Hooray

One thing I don't get is like how people are even getting for example a million coins to buy a million coin player on PS4

You can't buy points so like, suppose you pack Ronaldo, how does someone have the coins to buy him? You can say well they packed someone really high themselves, but then okay, how did someone else have the coins to buy that player? etc
On twitter/reddit I saw some guys were getting the actual game disc early, due to having family/friends that work at game stores. That and people transferring their FIFA points from 18 over to their new account during their 10-hour early access game time.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

RCarr posted:

I accidentally left my Xbox on so my 10 hour trial ran out. :( And my account is bugged so I can’t use the app or website to buy or sell. :(
Welp that loving sucks. Doubt EA would do anything about it either, or at least wouldn't solve it by the time the game is completely released.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I plan to use an RM/RW/RF in my Bundesliga squad. I saved up 15k from the webapp. I bought Robben for 14.5k. loving a? I figured his price would increase and the time to get him was now.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

He won't be too expensive he's slow this year
Yeah I figured his price increase would only be since he's an 85 rated card, for SBC fodder and whatnot. I had a Hawk card and put it on him, bringing his stats to:
PACE +5, 84
Acceleration +5, 88
Sprint Speed +5, 81
which will be serviceable until I get a Hunter card.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

Built my cheap squad for tomorrow and the next couple weeks I guess:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/web-app/?showoffId=yPzw1WxjnOdBH:FFA19PS4
drat nice squad.

I could have built something similar with my Robben money, but I'll take an early gamble on him. I see he's now going for 17-8k, so if it turns out he is poo poo, I'll at least sell him back at a profit.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

RCarr posted:

Anyone know what time the 3 day early access opens?
As others said, soon. As in 28 minutes soon.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah I just got disillusioned with him when I had the 88 one a couple years ago cause you can only really do one thing with him and it might work in real life since he can genuinely beat people off the dribble, but if it's a year where dribbling isn't good like 16 or 17 it's pretty hard to make him work

He might be ok this year because players seem much more responsive. A slow but agile dribbler like Robben or Ribery (or maybe even Zlatan!!!) might be actually playable this year
Yeah no Robben turned out to be garbage for me. Physically too weak and his weak foot ruins him as well. I saved up and bought Reus at 42k before his price jumped higher. Much better player and has already scored/assisted a bunch.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

I ended up going 5-1-2, 3-1-1 in placements counting my fake loss to put me at div 5, hopefully I can get out of that because in div 5 you have to win like 30 games to get in weekend league at all lol
I won 2, lost 3 of my placement matches and it put me in Div 6. Not bad I guess. It seems like this will be my go-to play mode besides Squad Battles. Even though it's online it's not as stressful as WL or Seasons.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

Does anyone know if there are reddit posts or anything about which rewards might be the best to take for the weekly rewards?

I kinda think the tradeable pack might be the overall highest reward but also highest variance?

The untradeable reward is obviously the highest amount of like gross reward in terms of coin value but it's going to be mostly trash you can't convert to anything except through SBCs so I don't think that will be good to take.

I think it's roughly something like, for the top division 5 reward, you get to pick 58k coins straight up, or a rare players and two jumbo premium gold which I think is worth something like 80k total, or a final choice of something like double those packs but untradeable.

Actually looking at that, maybe just taking the 58k is the best because with the packs in the jumbo premium gold you're going to get a lot of consumables and junk

I really like this model though, it actually makes it somewhat doable if you wanted to do a "packed players only" run because you could get a huge amount of untradeable players
I love that there's a choice but I can't decide which one I will choose. I'm leaning more towards the untrableables, since there is more, and it's so early that if I pack some awesome player, I'll end up just using them for a while rather than selling them. As for all the trash, it'll go towards SBCs, since I haven't completed alot of them yet.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

I thought about it and I think i'd rather do the untradeables later when there's SBCs that I can immediately put them in, like the 86+/85+ overall SBCs and such. Since you get a ton of rare cards it seems like a shame to recycle them in the gold upgrade, but I can't really use them for anything right away.

I might honestly just be boring and grab the 58k coins, between that and the 30k from squad battles this week if I get elite 1, that's 90k in the first week that I can start investing/trading with

Oh, and I managed to hit Division 4 just in time for the new week to start in division rivials!!

I was sweating it, I only was winning by 1 goal for most of the game and I was probably gonna stop playing for the night if I lost or didn't win, so it reminded me of like an important game in weekend league or something, was fun.

I dunno what the top division 4 reward is, I'm guessing like 75k or something.

Just claimed my rewards. At the last second I decided to select the tradeable rewards. 1 mega pack, 1 consumables pack. Got a load of trash that'll net me at best 18k. I should have just went with the 27.5k coin reward ehhhh next time!

Tzen fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Sep 27, 2018

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

RCarr posted:

Am I doing myself a major disservice by turning off the timed shot thing? I don’t like it.
Depends. I think in another month or two you'll want to be using it if you're playing online.

I disabled it myself because I blew too many easy chances. However I plan to turn it back on and get decent at it this weekend.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I love the gameplay but a lot of annoying things still exist or have come up.

Side-footed shooting. Why.
AI not wanting or going for loose balls.
Player switching never going where I direct.
Etc etc.

But overall I like the pace direction and whatnot.

In other news, I sank 30k into the UCL SBC and my best player pull was Danilo ehh.

Also I sold my Reneto Sanchez for 6k lol

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

The Kingfish posted:

Oh jeez, thanks. That’s such a weird feature. He doesn’t show up unless I search for him.

This happened to me when I bought Werner, when I still had loan card Werner in my squad. I thought FIFA bugged and I was out 15k, but no, I had to remove the loan card from my active squad, THEN he showed up in my player list. Shits stupid.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

This every volley being a goal thing is ridiculous. EA 100% put that in there because of the last CL campaign and now it's broken and stupid. I thought it was a one off when my Nacho Fernandez scored a bicycle on a corner but I swear bad crosses to players who shouldnt be on the end of a cross are getting rewarded more than heading.

Its not just volleys too. I have scored at least 8 bicycle kick goals this FIFA. I never scored more than 10 over the past 5+ loving FIFA's total. It's insane. Even my CBs & CDMs have scored them.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Played a bunch of Division Rivals the other night, and had my first come from behind victory. Felt good, but the first 2 goals were really loving stupid.

First goal of the comeback was a very very stupid own goal,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAfF9-MmC94&t=32s

Goal #2 was caused by a hilarious keeper error,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCPfubWyc3Q&t=38s

And the game winner, after which my opponent ragequit,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0DEhbXK0O8&t=30s

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Also here's my current squads,

Squad A:

Squad B:

I really like the 4-2-3-1 formation. I tried out several others but this one seems to work best for me.

Also I'm sitting on 164k coins and have 2 OTW-Witsel's I bought for 30k each sitting in my transfer list. I hope he does something by at least Black Friday so I can put them up for sale and turn a decent profit. I think I'll wait till the first major crash to start buying better players. For now I'm still trying to figure out how to properly shoot and be decent in this FIFA.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I took the coins from my Div Rivals pack this time around, feels good honestly.

I then did the MM SBCs and packed both Gabriel Jesus and Fernandinho :getin:

I decided to sell them both, as I'm not sure I want to continue with the PL as my secondary squad.

Sitting at 250k and not sure how to proceed. Will probably just keep grinding before I buy Lewandowski and some other big names.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Whoa holy poo poo I didn't know rewards got this good,

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

Hey so big shock Lewandowski is a loving god this year.

He hits finesse shots that shouldn't have a chance over and over and over again, it's great.

poo poo I keep reading this elsewhere as well. I think I'll just buy him. Although I just bought Neuer so now I'm at 200k and Lewandowski would kill my coins.

I suppose I can sell Neuer, but man Hrad/Leno/etc. were such garbage for me the past week. It's hard to go back.

Side note, can someone who's friends with me on PS4 send me a Rename Club token or whatever? I used my one and only on a gimmick name and am tired of it already.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

oh and then i opened my two 100k packs

im loving dying.

help.
I'm super behind on this thread and playing catch-up and WHAT THE FUCKKKKKK

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Stefan Prodan posted:

I did 10 or so UCL sbcs today with all the crap and untradeable cards in my club and uhhh I did pretty well on the very last one

Weirdly I already had an untradeable normal kante and I also got an untradeable CL Coman today so I guess I'm gonna switch to a French team now that I have like over a million coins worth of untradeable french dudes
loving A nice pack luck. I ended up doing about 10 of those UCL packs and thankfully packed Depay. I used him as a super sub for several games and realized he's a loving monster and went and built a squad around him. He's scored 5+ freekicks for me and bosses defenders, I love this card.

Tzen fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 31, 2018

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Gorgeous goal this

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

Sell your fifa account and buy red dead redemption 2. Seriously though I haven't touched fifa since rdr2 came out so I've been not paying attention. I'll come back but for now I'm just gonna sell 90 percent of my stuff and buy a lot come black Friday crash time.
I'm you but not. I plan to play the poo poo out of FIFA until after new years and then will most likely abandon it and purchase RDR2 in January.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Just grinded some Division Rivals matches to get that Tah card. I won 7 in a row and then it took me 6 god drat matches to win the final 3 games. So it goes with FIFA.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

RCarr posted:

What do I do with my 850k coins to take advantage of this Black Friday market crash?
I really don't think there will be a proper crash this year. There's so many SBC or other player/coin sinks that I can't see a major one happening.

I think the 'crash' already happened, in the sense that players that were 40k+ early game are now in the 2-8k range.

But then again who loving knows.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Elliptical Dick posted:

I think when people start opening packs en masse there will still be a significant drop. I have a 1m wishlist of player upgrades and 850k that I've been sitting on and I have good hope that they will all come in reach tomorrow. I'm done investing, I just don't enjoy having to sit around waiting for cards to increase in value while I can't really upgrade my team because my coins are tied up.
I'm now hoping for a crash. I did the Bundesliga SBC (selected Caligiuri) and in my packs I pulled this,

I'm now sitting on nearly 400k and ready to do some shopping :getin:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Man I should have done that Pato SBC. ...Although he wouldn't fit in my squads I'm running.

I had also tried to run a all Brazil squad and didn't care for the midfield options.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

All the christmas sbcs have either been poo poo or really badly priced. Completely overpriced comapred to previous years. I got Doumbia as a joke and that was it.
I was dumb and went all out buying the Bundesliga ones. I am now running 2 fairly solid but not WL-worthy Bundesliga focused squads because of it. They're loads of fun to play with though so I'm happy.

A Squad (start as 4-1-2-1-2 (2) and switch to this in game,

B Squad (start as 4-1-2-1-2 (2) and switch to this in game, everyone on 10 chem except Benzema on 8

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

Ok yeah flashback Ibra is a loving monster, even on 5 chem.

my squad:

his stats so far, weekend league only and i didn't build him until yesterday so I didn't even get to play the easy first half dozen games with him:

I'll pick up a cheap icon striker to use instead of Jesus probably so I can have him at 8 chem.
gently caress yeah! I was able to do his SBC for about 100k coins, since I had a poo poo load of high rated untradeable players I'd been sitting on. I sub him on at about the 60' mark and he either score or assist. He's like a loving cheat code I love this card so much. I sub him on and he scores immediately,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiMh7voODFY&t=27s
Kroos to Ibra is so awesome to play with.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

eternity test posted:

Just start him instead of Rebic in one of your squads. He will get the same chem (5) as he gets as a sub if you get a swedish manager. Or get Scream Forsberg to get him to 8. Also lol at those squads not being WL ready.
poo poo good idea with Ibra, I'll give that a go with starting him in at 5chem for Rebic.

And yeah I know, WL-ready is subjective, but the usual squads I'll face in WL are generally laced with Icons and whatnot.

Tzen fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 15, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

eternity test posted:

He will get the same chem (5) as he gets as a sub if you get a swedish manager.
lol god damnit, Swedish managers are all price-locked at 4.5-5k coins. Oh well I'm buying one.