Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Apparently there is currently a glitch where you can play on EA Access the 10 hour pre release for unlimited hours if you spam A while the game loads and see FIFA 19 in the bottom right instead of EA Access. Going to try it when I get home.

Sounds a bit tedious since the guy said average takes about 10 attempts to get the FIFA 19 logo but worth a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Ultimate Team is really bad.

I play pro clubs and h2h a lot on Xbox One, it's cool. tfowl

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

angry armadillo posted:

someone in your club is calling for the pass and not admitting it. that's the reason the AI go nuts in pro clubs.

every time

No it's really poo poo this year even worse than last... they will hold the ball and then force a pass or not even pass and get it taken for a 1 on 1 with the goalie. It's loving trash and I hate when people insist with playing with AI instead of an Any player. I've seen the AI in both 18 and 19 do the dumbest poo poo possible and you can even tell them HOOF IT IDIOT and they'll hesitate, lose it, and give the opponents an easy chance.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 29, 2018

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Another neat glitch happened last night... luckily near the end of the match when we had already won anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRXMH3RgWzw

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I've gotten use to most of the game play differences and it's fine overall. I think it's easier to defend which is a huge plus... but yeah it's in need of some tweaking as always.

Also another glitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q71rkBZX0xo

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

The Kingfish posted:

Oh christ, does this work every time?

Yeah I think so, not 100% but it works... hopefully they solve that quickly.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Another new thing in pro clubs is midfielders get super punished for positioning and it's like Klopp "metal" football on meth. It wants you all up and down the pitch like crazy and everyone i've played with especially at CAM gets poo poo ratings compared to the strikers even when they have decent games. It'll have you at a 3 or 4 if you aren't sprinting back constantly to defend plays that are well well past you already to where you waste so much stamina trying to cover the ground it's asking you to cover and still have a dip in rating.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
They patch about once a month until December then 1 or 2 more usually until the next version.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdIJPnaPhWM

They really couldn't care less about clubs.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Stefan Prodan posted:

To be fair, player rating as far as like your match rating does literally nothing afaik

I think it helps with boosting your pro faster. Also if you're fishing to play with a good club when friends aren't on then they may not play with you if they judge ratings.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I never hit 92 last year only 91 so I didn't even max out. I don't play a crazy amount of games so progression speed is a factor to me.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Hah, yeah.. most all the guys I played with were 92 and over 1k games... takes forever. Some 93 goalkeepers too.

I played in the 600s I think.

Also:

EA posted:

Base Match XP

Base Match XP provides a number of XP points to your Virtual Pro based on the match rating that was earned by your Virtual Pro during the match. Each match rating, from 0.0 to 10.0 provides a specific number of XP points. Those XP points are than assigned to each of the Virtual Pros attributes, based on whether that attribute is considered a Primary, Secondary or Tertiary attribute for that position. Primary attributes gain 100% of the XP points awarded based on the match rating, while Secondary (70%) and Tertiary (30%) gain less XP.

For example, let’s say that your Virtual Pro earned a match rating of 8.0, which provides him with 1,100 Base Match XP. That means that all Primary attributes would gain 1,100 Base Match XP, all Secondary attributes would gain 770 Base Match XP and all Tertiary attributes would gain 330 Base Match XP.

T Bowl fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 4, 2018

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Stefan Prodan posted:

Umm yeah you probably played like twice as many pro clubs games as me, maybe more, so I dunno about not playing that many games lol

So it sounds like we agree you get to the soft cap of 90 or so within like 100 games I would say?

Probably close to that. Played 60 games so far and I'm 87 st/cam.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Stefan Prodan posted:

Didn't fix the bug where your defense won't cover anyone in pro clubs if they have a user keeper that does goal kicks to your own third where they just have 3 players waiting for an easy goal

Thanks EA

It works playing as Any with an AI keeper as well. Dumbass glitch. Also didn't fix CAM rating bug.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

hopterque posted:

why is this funny, they didn't do this last year and they hosed up the game two weeks into its lifetime by overcorrecting. I'd rather they take a bit more time to actually improve stuff with the first major patch than set the game back a year again.

The CAM rating glitch is literally because when the play switches to defend the game tells the CAM his position is more at LB, how hard would it have been to fix that?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
So I played with a couple buddies last night and this club was trying, not giving up.

We got my friend to score 11 goals.

Finished 0-11, all his goals.

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/tfowl/video/71841524

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
What I've realized playing this version of FIFA is it's the worst version I've played that I can remember that awards poor play and punishes good play.

Basically, if you play like an idiot who forces the ball forward and nail down long shots you have success. Long rear end shots go in all the time in the stupidest way. If you try to play from the back and play a passing game and get the ball in the box to score the game forces stupid fake tackles and miracle bullshit.

I hate it.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Mr.PayDay posted:

With Access Premiere I got FIFA 20 included and I only played Volta the last days. It is not FIFA Street reborn but a fun offline arcade mode that should last to finish the „story“ mode once and be done with it I guess.
Unless EA puts some effort in more Volta modes, especially sth like „Ultimate Volta mode“

Is it really worth it, premier?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Gambling addiction mixed with pokemon cards, it's sad really.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
The game feels very similar to me overall but the defense is a bit easier for sure and as someone said the bullshit loose balls after tackles and repeated chances for the offense seem mostly gone. I think they toned down the scripting that gave teams an offensive advantage when the other team was ahead or the scores were level after both teams scored also... but it's still new days.

The scoring is still absurdly high, I played with a random PCN pro clubs team as their CAM for 8 games and we won 7 and came from 3 behind to draw the 8th game. I had 10 goals and 6 assists in those 8 games... similar levels to last year and my guy is currently only an 82.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
That's probably why you lost your club, the WTF was deemed bad now and they deleted anything using it. Same thing happened to someone I play with because his Xbox name was a weed reference and he then became randomnamegen1234.