Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite swear word?
View Results

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

codo27 posted:

Origin has some kinda refund poo poo if you dont like the game dont they? I usually know within 5 minutes anyway. I can play fortnite on her laptop but only due to the resolution scaling. It actually still looks good with AA turned up and everything else turned down.

I don't think they charge for the pre order until launch. At least, they didn't with mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but upgrades are pretty broken, right? I tried to upgrade some weapons, and half the time it says "purchase failed" and then it won't let me get the upgrade, or upgrades past it- even though the button is still there to purchase it fails every time.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

CascadeBeta posted:

I'm starting to wonder if this is an issue with my settings or if TAA is really that bad. It's very difficult to see anything past like 30m because it all blurs together. The incredibly washed out coloring doesn't help matters much. It's like everyone in WW2 forgot their glasses at home.

I'm playing at 1440p and have all the chromatic aberration/dof/motion blur effects off, otherwise everything is on ultra/high (shadows and undergrowth). TAA Low or High doesn't affect things much one way or the other.

The forced TAA is what’s making things blurry. Not exactly sure why they’ve decided to do that.

I imagine there’s probably a console command to disable it but I haven’t found anything obvious.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

The forced taa seems like a bad idea. I'm currently avoiding AA in games to squeeze more performance out of my 1060 since moving to 1440p and I've grown to like it. I'm planning to replace it by release but its nice to have options in the options.

Loezi
Dec 18, 2012

Never buy the cheap stuff
Is the game good now, or this going to be another BF4 launch?

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
i will be REALLY surprised if the STG44 isn't nerfed. it's so loving good, you can reach out and wreck people at range or up close. feels great, sounds great, looks great, it owns

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

MadBimber posted:

i will be REALLY surprised if the STG44 isn't nerfed. it's so loving good, you can reach out and wreck people at range or up close. feels great, sounds great, looks great, it owns

yeah but a single gun excelling at every possible range probably isn't very good for weapon balance unless you want to see literally everyone running around with the stg44

also just rounded a corner and dumped 9 out of 10 shots from the ruby pistol into a dude just standing there, including a headshot and still didn't drop him because of this absolutely ridiculous spawn protection system :thumbsup:

Loezi posted:

Is the game good now, or this going to be another BF4 launch?

The game is pretty fun, but considering the state of the beta, I'd say also the latter

a_good_username
Mar 13, 2018

Bohemian Nights posted:

also just rounded a corner and dumped 9 out of 10 shots from the ruby pistol into a dude just standing there, including a headshot and still didn't drop him because of this absolutely ridiculous spawn protection system :thumbsup:

Especially given that people are spawning literally in the middle of fights over currently contested points this really seems like it has to go away. There’s not even a good visual indicator of “hide for ten seconds because this dude is invulnerable right now”

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I'm gonna try the beta when I get home tonight and I'm kind of hype tbh.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think the game is ultimately good but it's incredibly different from other battlefield games so it takes some serious getting used to

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

The ttk feels pretty good to me. It's all over the place because you're engaging enemies who have less than 100 health a LOT more often than in previous games. I'll frequently rip off a hipfire burst at a guy who's seen me but who I know is outside my gun's effective range hoping to just throw off his aim while I'm strafing into cover, only to be rewarded with a kill.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I'm bad at FPS games (my best game last night I went 14/17) but I still enjoyed playing this. My friends will be playing this weekend which should make it even more fun for me (their shoulders should get a nice workout) which will make it more enjoyable. The game looks absolutely beautiful on my beast of a PC too. Maybe I'll try support tonight and just try to build everything everywhere. I would have tried it last night but I had no clue it was a thing until I read this thread.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Game is fun.

Is a beta thing that the sides are all using the same weapons?

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

I'm happy rott runs better than narv did in the alpha. I did not get a chance to try narv in the beta yet. I'm bummed the game has been so divisive.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

George H.W. oval office posted:

Game is fun.

Is a beta thing that the sides are all using the same weapons?

Probably not weapons, but it has to be a beta thing that the UK is using little kettenkrads and german APCs (do not use kettenkrads by the way, they’re deathtraps because it takes two full seconds to dismount them and their acceleration is garbo)

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Came back to play a bit the second day of beta and I'm glad I did. First impression was "eh, Battlefield 1.5" but on the second try it really gripped me.

Spotting changes are much welcome and makes it possible to play a bit sneaky without the whole map lighting you up, and the TTK feels just right with most guns.

Anyone know how to disable the netgraph? I appreciate that DICE has put it in but I don't know how to get rid of it :v:

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Building useful fortifications (like the ones blocking off whole roads) feels good!

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Man sometimes I feel like I'm the only one running the Panzerfaust :saddowns:. I hope in the full game there's gadgets for other classes that let them actively threaten unsupported tanks.

Also, got my first JB-2 strike today and holy poo poo it rocks. 8-kills and completely cleared C on Rotterdam.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
e: ^ Well support does have mines in the beta. I laid some of them fuckers down the other day and baited a tank into chasing after me right over them. :allears:

I'm having a ton of fun booby-trapping ammo stations with S-mines. :mmmhmm:

Also they're gonna have to nerf the ZH-29 along with the StG, the two-shot kill at literally any range makes it way too easy to pick people off from safety.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Icept posted:

Anyone know how to disable the netgraph? I appreciate that DICE has put it in but I don't know how to get rid of it :v:

You guys get a netgraph? I don't even see a chat or a kill feed (like some of the videos posted here).

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I had to turn on the kill log in the options, and you can cycle the chat display modes by pressing H

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The automatic picking up explosives animation has already killed me more times than I’m ok with

General_Malaise
Dec 28, 2004

Try the clams... I insist.
College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

I only played one match, but I found one big problem, when I hit 3 for ammo or medi pack, it just switched to main weapon a lot of the time. Yes the cooldown was not on. It was super annoying.

Though I did get enough sniper kills to hear the sniper start count. Crouch running is amazing though.

Tap 3 to chuck said item at your friend's head, hold it down for self use. The animation is a bit strange on the self use and looks like the main gun is just cycling.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

Noctone posted:

e: ^ Well support does have mines in the beta. I laid some of them fuckers down the other day and baited a tank into chasing after me right over them. :allears:

I'm having a ton of fun booby-trapping ammo stations with S-mines. :mmmhmm:

Also they're gonna have to nerf the ZH-29 along with the StG, the two-shot kill at literally any range makes it way too easy to pick people off from safety.

That reminds me of a moment I got mad at nvidia for not recording: I was running from a tank but staying too close for it to hit, so it was trying to run me down. I did the same mine and bait, but the tank's forward momentum made its burning husk mow me down and continue on through a railing and into a river :cool:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

The automatic picking up explosives animation has already killed me more times than I’m ok with

It's one thing that they force an annoying animation on you, but the fact that the animation moves your crosshair twice during the span of it is shockingly bad game design

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Also, when aiming my gun keeps randomly swaying to the side and moving the sights away so I can’t see where I’m aiming (even though the bullets still seem to come from the center of the screen). I think it’s some fuckery with the bipod, but it’s gotten me killed more than once.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

easily the worst thing in the game

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Digirat posted:

Also, when aiming my gun keeps randomly swaying to the side and moving the sights away so I can’t see where I’m aiming (even though the bullets still seem to come from the center of the screen). I think it’s some fuckery with the bipod, but it’s gotten me killed more than once.

Your bipod is trying to deploy. I think they're fixing this?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

eonwe posted:

Your bipod is trying to deploy. I think they're fixing this?

Is that your bipod deploying or are you just happy to see me?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Icept posted:

I guess you pressed a button to turn it on, but it's in options under Gameplay > Advanced

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

drat, the Valentine turned out to be an adorable little murder machine :stare:

I really like the way the implemented the coaxial MGs. As long as you're accurate you can kill people super quickly, but with the quick overheat you really need to make the burst count. It's actually a legitimate alternative weapon instead of something you just plink away with while the main gun reloads.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
V1s are a lot more rare to get on Grand Operations, but when you get one during a clutch battle on the last stage...

18 kills :syoon:

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 9, 2018

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
What's the verdict goons? A good time or is it rough?

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Sintax posted:

I guess you pressed a button to turn it on, but it's in options under Gameplay > Advanced

Thanks, I took a closer look and found it. Think I must have toggled it when you could get in the game and couldn't play yet.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Glenn Quebec posted:

A good time or is it rough?

yes

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
It's a pretty hard game, and snipers are still a problem (no scope sway even though there's a steady button wtf). Support class is under-developed and the mag sizes are way smaller than they were in BF1. The maps in the beta are pretty underwhelming- Rotterdam is cool but you can get shot from a million different directions at any moment. Squad play is better than any other BF game.

I liked BF1 better, but I really loved BF1. I might just wait for the full game at this point so we can have more maps. The bugs in the beta are awful.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its my favorite since BC2

its got a fair amount of bugs tho.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

codo27 posted:

Origin has some kinda refund poo poo if you dont like the game dont they? I usually know within 5 minutes anyway. I can play fortnite on her laptop but only due to the resolution scaling. It actually still looks good with AA turned up and everything else turned down.

They have a refund policy branded as the "Origin Great Game Guarantee".

quote:

You may return EA full game downloads (PC or Mac) and participating third party titles purchased on Origin for a full refund. Refund requests can be made within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within fourteen days from your date of purchase, or within fourteen days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first. And if you purchase a new EA game within the first 30 days of its release date and can't play it due to technical reasons within EA's control, you can request a refund within 72 hours after you first launch the game instead of 24.

I got this logging in from the EU, so you probably want to check for yourself, in case it works differently in different countries (like, e.g., the Ubisoft discount policy). Also, the phrasing might just be weird, but to be safe, I'd recommend only pre-ordering like a day before release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

The game's good as ****