Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your favorite swear word?
View Results

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Interesting that this Apache has an “N” number on the forward quarter there. N being the ICAO country prefix for a civilian aircraft registered in the US

Also the rifle appears to be similar to the “Carbon” variant of the Remington 700 from The Division 2 which IMFDB says is “fitted with an XLR Tactical Buttstock and Carbon Chassis.”

Julius CSAR fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jun 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oh my god what if this battlefield has no specific countries and it’s all just mercenaries fighting each other while being tacitly supported by major powers

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Julius CSAR posted:

Interesting that this Apache has an “N” number on the forward quarter there. N being the ICAO country prefix for a civilian aircraft registered in the US

Also the rifle appears to be similar to the “Carbon” variant of the Remington 700 from The Division 2 which IMFDB says is “fitted with an XLR Tactical Buttstock and Carbon Chassis.”

Some Apaches have carried civil registrations prior to export to FMS customers overseas, they might've used that as a reference for the model and not known that detail. Like the weird Czech-Russian Hinds in MW3, just offhand.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Al-Saqr posted:

Oh my god what if this battlefield has no specific countries and it’s all just mercenaries fighting each other while being tacitly supported by major powers

The leaks, if you believe them, were pointing towards post/on-going climate change catastrophes leading to redrawn borders and merc/multi-national forces

Sent to JackFrags from BF

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

jisforjosh posted:

The leaks, if you believe them, were pointing towards post/on-going climate change catastrophes leading to redrawn borders and merc/multi-national forces

Sent to JackFrags from BF

To be fair if they intentionally had the civilian tail number on there because in-game the faction using it had stolen and modified it that would imply some pretty rad weapons would be in the game too

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Al-Saqr posted:

That seems to be the politically correct way to make war games these days.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
is Wook Wook still a thing?

This might sound a little lame but some of the most fun I had was a server admins goon stacking us on one side and steam rolling the disorganized pubbies. (Back in BF3)

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Revitalized posted:

is Wook Wook still a thing?

This might sound a little lame but some of the most fun I had was a server admins goon stacking us on one side and steam rolling the disorganized pubbies. (Back in BF3)

Hadlock has 3 Bitcoin that were donated back in BF3 or whenever that will fund the servers. Granted if he sells all 3 bitcoins the price will crash

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

jisforjosh posted:

Hadlock has 3 Bitcoin that were donated back in BF3 or whenever that will fund the servers. Granted if he sells all 3 bitcoins the price will crash

So it's win-win!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

Works for Escape from Tarkov

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Really hoping we get some gameplay instead of a generic CGI action trailer.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

henpod posted:

Really hoping we get some gameplay instead of a generic CGI action trailer.

if it's an official reveal they'll absolutely show gameplay several game screenshots have been linked.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

if it's an official reveal they'll absolutely show gameplay several game screenshots have been linked.

Cue JackFrags et al posting their videos reviewing the trailer with "so I played the game a few months back"

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

Jackfrags, tommo, and Stodeh made a warzone video a few months ago where they talked a bunch about EA game changers and how they missed it and couldn't wait for it to come back. They never brought it back up after that. I said at the time that I thought that was them dropping hints that they had either played BF6 or been invited to play BF6 and I still think that's true, especially because Warzone has catapulted Jackfrags and Stodeh to new levels of popularity and made Tommo's career and I'd be shocked of they weren't the first 3 to get to reveal the game. They are the only BF streamers/YouTubers who have continued to rise in popularity after BFV's failure.

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

BF 4 multiplayer continues to own after all these years. It's the little moments that make it worthwhile.

https://streamable.com/qrcibe

https://streamable.com/t1j4it

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

It's coming!

Edit - I think this was a bad link. :smith:

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 9, 2021

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Battlefield: Ibiza

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Here's the real youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP3wxNFnNbA

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

9 hours to glory here we goooooooo

Last chance for wild rumor mongering and speculation go go go

I predict the AK-12 will be the best assault rifle in the game googogog

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Does anyone know if it's still using the Frostbite engine?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Does anyone know if it's still using the Frostbite engine?

It’s using something more powerful, it’s using the ‘Russian winter of 1942’ engine

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope I get to be a cyber man who can jack into mainframes and spike databases

With a gun

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Guys? I am hyped.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Hype is the first step towards getting owned

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
Not to open a can of worms but what's the consensus on why BFV wasn't good?

I ended up entirely skipping this one but I haven't seen a lot of positivity around it?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Read like every third page of this topic where people re hash why they didn’t like it

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

I ended up entirely skipping this one but I haven't seen a lot of positivity around it?

No UFOs

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

FastestGunAlive posted:

Read like every third page of this topic where people re hash why they didn’t like it

oh right yeah there's 400 pages of this discussion lol my bad

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Lack of content first and foremost. The maps overall lacked both in quantity and quality. Game felt cobbled together and the switching back and forth in TTK/gunplay during the life of the game was detrimental.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
No Eastern Front

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Is it really going to be a motherfucking god drat orange peel futuristic shooter? Hopefully it isn't too off the wall. And hopefully its loving good for a change. 8 years now since BF4. We wont talk about anything thats come since (to me the engine itself is a lot of the problem, game hasn't felt right in any of the, albeit brief instances I've played since.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

codo27 posted:

Is it really going to be a motherfucking god drat orange peel futuristic shooter? Hopefully it isn't too off the wall. And hopefully its loving good for a change. 8 years now since BF4. We wont talk about anything thats come since (to me the engine itself is a lot of the problem, game hasn't felt right in any of the, albeit brief instances I've played since.

It’s going to be a modern game set ten years in the future, it will probably feature nightmarish climate change effects, may actually be more ‘mercenaries backed by governments’ rather than the US or Chinese or Russian militaries themselves, either ways, we will find out what’s the deal in ONE HOUR

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It was definitely a "total package" type failure.
-Low content on release and failure to deliver on the 'games as a service' pitch in any meaningful way for a long time.
-Bland, soulless visuals compared to previous titles.
-Atrocious vehicle progression where they were often completely uncompetitive until the final unlocks.
-Lack of iconic locales, Armies, and weapons. They wanted to do lesser known battles but it just didn't work.
-Bizarre cosmetics that satisfied absolutely nobody in either the "horny for ww2 milsim" camp or the "outlandish cosmetics are ok" camp. Also there were none of them. It took them like 4 months to release the cosmetics they featured in the Alpha/Beta
-Grand Operations were very, very clearly unfinished. Not just content lacking but outright half-baked.
-Planes were very unsatisfying to fly.
-Planes were also stupidly overpowered for a long time.
-Tanks were weak which meant all they could do was sit back and snipe, contributing to the usual "infantry on both teams resenting vehicles" scenario.
-Most maps were bad and conquest was the only real mode to play
-Hamada
-At some point they decided they didn't like the ttk, which was generally considered by the player base the only good part of the game, and changed it. Everyone hated the change, which resulted in the game going through like 4 major ttk phases over a few months as they flopped between 1.0-2.0-1.0-3.0.
-The UI was bizzare and sucked rear end

It was clear that design decisions alone would have relegated V to the bottom tier of BF games, but being released a year early just sent it down the dumpster chute even faster.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Fart Car '97 posted:

Breakthrough was ok/fun depending on the map, especially for BF1 players since grand ops was such a disaster

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Breakthrough was ok/fun depending on the map, especially for BF1 players since grand ops was such a disaster

I liked BF1’s Operations mode quite a bit!

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
I really liked BFV's gunplay and the new pacific maps were a lot of fun. Everything else was pretty meh. I don't know how a UI could be so annoying to use.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Fart Car '97 posted:

It was definitely a "total package" type failure.
-Low content on release and failure to deliver on the 'games as a service' pitch in any meaningful way for a long time.
-Bland, soulless visuals compared to previous titles.
-Atrocious vehicle progression where they were often completely uncompetitive until the final unlocks.
-Lack of iconic locales, Armies, and weapons. They wanted to do lesser known battles but it just didn't work.
-Bizarre cosmetics that satisfied absolutely nobody in either the "horny for ww2 milsim" camp or the "outlandish cosmetics are ok" camp. Also there were none of them. It took them like 4 months to release the cosmetics they featured in the Alpha/Beta
-Grand Operations were very, very clearly unfinished. Not just content lacking but outright half-baked.
-Planes were very unsatisfying to fly.
-Planes were also stupidly overpowered for a long time.
-Tanks were weak which meant all they could do was sit back and snipe, contributing to the usual "infantry on both teams resenting vehicles" scenario.
-Hamada
-At some point they decided they didn't like the ttk, which was generally considered by the player base the only good part of the game, and changed it. Everyone hated the change, which resulted in the game going through like 4 major ttk phases over a few months as they flopped between 1.0-2.0-1.0-3.0.
-The UI was bizzare and sucked rear end

It was clear that design decisions alone would have relegated V to the bottom tier of BF games, but being released a year early just sent it down the dumpster chute even faster.

-Player models being indistinguishable from the background
-Back-prone (although I do find back prone very funny as an image when it's a guy with a loving MG between their legs spraying indiscriminately)
-Lack of quality vehicles, especially transport vehicles
-Insistence on an animation for everything
-The low ammo count that you could hold at launch
-Vehicle resupplying being a thing

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

-Player models being indistinguishable from the background
-Back-prone (although I do find back prone very funny as an image when it's a guy with a loving MG between their legs spraying indiscriminately)

-Lack of quality vehicles, especially transport vehicles
-Insistence on an animation for everything
-The low ammo count that you could hold at launch
-Vehicle resupplying being a thing

Getting rid of spotting was good but coupled with player visibility it was terrible

The low ammo count was ok in theory because it made you rely on Support players except 1. There were ammo/health resupply points buildable by anyone so Support players weren't really needed and 2. Everyone played Assault because it was anti-infantry, anti-tank, and eventually even anti-air so why play any other class?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

5 minutes to go fuckos