Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

DerekSmartymans posted:

How come the payment is really close to the price of one buttcoin?

:tinfoil:

I think we can dispense with the conspiracy theory memes when dealing with libertarians price gouging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

gee why are all these prices end in .99 or .95

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

why would ayn rand readers have the motivation to adopt exploitative business practices??

:thunk:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

More capitalists should emulate Ayn Rand and die alone and penniless after falling dependent on the very social support system they spent their life demonizing.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
lets do that on the days were cleaning the guillotines

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I hope her throat clenched every time she took the check. Goddamn, it would have been a sight to see.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sunswipe posted:

I'm thinking Lowtax chooses a goon for the fight (Lowtax isn't allowed to fight as the rules stipulate no cyborgs), who breaks his arm at the last minute. Just as it looks like the fight will default to Higbee , who is twirling his moustache while paying off the guy he paid to take out Lowtax's fighter, the doors are thrown open and Uwe Boll walks down to the ring. He's already in his boxing gear and throws off his robe before jumping into the ring. Uwe effortlessly defeats Higbee's champion, ending with an uppercut that launches him out of the ring to land on Higbee and Shaunteece. The film ends on Lowtax and Uwe doing a big Carl Weathers and Arnold Schwarzenegger handshake as Uwe says something like "Ze only Zometing Awful now is zat guy's face!"

gently caress yeah someone tweet this aw uwe right now

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yawgmoth posted:

Smelling (burnt) toast is actually a common symptom of having a stroke, it's not a reference to any show.

I got called on it when I said that to someone, recently. Snopes says it isn't true.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Not sure if this is still going on but there's been an influx of reviews in the past week or so giving them 5 stars, mostly by people who only have one review.

https://goo.gl/maps/DapbbPQtRFz

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

McGiggins posted:

I hope her throat clenched every time she took the check. Goddamn, it would have been a sight to see.

No, she justified it by saying "I was FORCED into paying these taxes, I'm only getting my money back!" :argh:

Which is broadly true? But she was still a broke-brained harridan who deserved to die impoverished and alone.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Screaming Idiot posted:

No, she justified it by saying "I was FORCED into paying these taxes, I'm only getting my money back!" :argh:

Which is broadly true? But she was still a broke-brained harridan who deserved to die impoverished and alone.

Exactly the sort of thing you say when you're having a real normal one and not mad at all, she was actually laughing about how much you all cared, hahaha she was thinking to herself smugly and definitely not grateful for the system saving her because that wasn't what was going on

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Why didn't she get a job or found a galt-esque mountain community

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Ie, why did she, the mother of human selfsufficiency, fail at actualising her own will, as she obviously adored.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde
fascinating to me that libertarians wouldn't scrounge up sufficient funds to keep their economom ideologically pure, it is a thing that is to me of extreme interest :thunk:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
randroids justify her welfare dependency as "taking back what the state had stolen from her"

so, in essence, becoming broke and destitute to own the libs

BromanderData
Mar 20, 2013

Stroke it with me

The Chosen One

Over There posted:

Not sure if this is still going on but there's been an influx of reviews in the past week or so giving them 5 stars, mostly by people who only have one review.

I’d imagine Higbee as the type to force his employees to :ck5: their reviews to keep their jobs.

Sorority Fister
Aug 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah you can pay to have that done for cheaper than it costs a mosh pit of bottom tier 'lawyers' to do it.

What happened to the post '08 recession days when anything less than graduating from tier 1 law schools forced you to make cappuccino's with 100g+ in debt? bring them back.

Sorority Fister fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 27, 2018

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

randroids justify her welfare dependency as "taking back what the state had stolen from her"

so, in essence, becoming broke and destitute to own the libs

Again, not upset, laughing all the way to resumed ideological purity.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Sorority Fister posted:

Yeah you can pay to have that done for cheaper than it costs a mosh pit of bottom tier 'lawyers' to do it.

What happened to the post '08 recession days when anything less than graduating from tier 1 law schools forced you to make cappuccino's with 100g+ in debt? bring them back.

They never left, friend. Legal wages are still stagnant as gently caress and except for the biglaw types. Even they are only making $40-45 an hour on average to make their $190k/yr.

For example, entry level attorney wages in Florida range from $36k to $55k. I'm sure there are some people down here who started higher than that, but anyone in a state job is between $39-45k to start and the private sector has actually offered me under that rate so far. I did not go to a third tier toilet. My school is tier 1.

I almost worked for a firm like Higbee until they told me that it would be $20/hr 1099 to go chase class action suits against at&t or comcast for not calling at the exact right time of day.

Some people might think those wages are decent. The average law school grad, though, has a few hundred thousand in student loan debts and cannot even make minimum payments on most starting lawyer wages around here.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Mr. Nice! posted:

They never left, friend. Legal wages are still stagnant as gently caress and except for the biglaw types. Even they are only making $40-45 an hour on average to make their $190k/yr.

For example, entry level attorney wages in Florida range from $36k to $55k. I'm sure there are some people down here who started higher than that, but anyone in a state job is between $39-45k to start and the private sector has actually offered me under that rate so far. I did not go to a third tier toilet. My school is tier 1.

I almost worked for a firm like Higbee until they told me that it would be $20/hr 1099 to go chase class action suits against at&t or comcast for not calling at the exact right time of day.

Some people might think those wages are decent. The average law school grad, though, has a few hundred thousand in student loan debts and cannot even make minimum payments on most starting lawyer wages around here.

drat that sucks, this is actually pretty similar to the current situation for veterinarians. Average starting salary about $60k, average debt load as of 2016 about $160k and 20% of those in debt are above $200k. I use an income driven repayment plan, otherwise my monthly payment would be almost $1700 a month. If course the slower you pay it off the more interest accrues so it's really not ideal. But there's no way I could afford a payment like that, that's even higher than my rent, and rent ain't cheap here. The fact that many countries have free or at least very inexpensive college tuition (I think degrees above the bachelor's level might charge but I don't think it's very much) is super depressing honestly.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Did Hiney&rear end save Hitler from the Taxman already?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

yowch, here in australia a 4 year law honours is ~US$30k total, owed to the government, annually indexed to the cost of living rather than attracting actual interest, automatically deducted from your paycheck only once your salary gets to be above ~$37k.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
drat they lowered it again?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

chaosbreather posted:

yowch, here in australia a 4 year law honours is ~US$30k total, owed to the government, annually indexed to the cost of living rather than attracting actual interest, automatically deducted from your paycheck only once your salary gets to be above ~$37k.

Lol yeah 1 year of veterinary school costs about $50,000 if you are out of state, half that if you are in state. It's a 4 year program. :suicide:

And that's just tuition, that doesn't include any living costs and you also have to buy your own textbooks.

Good job America

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
drat, they folded too quickly. :(

Also, what's the going rate for an official Hitler license these days?
Please round up to nearest Reichsmark.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 6, 2018

Rivethead
Feb 22, 2008

cnut posted:

gently caress Hitler imo

Hitler had some bad ideas.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

chaosbreather posted:

Thats what you get for living in one of those pinko commie countries. Non-crippling student debt.......

gently caress you commies! USA! USA! USA!

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Gridlocked posted:

gently caress yeah someone tweet this aw uwe right now

can uwe shout "shoryuken" when he does this last step? i think we need to appeal to a wider audience of japanese kids. they will be the lifeblood of this forum.

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Yawgmoth posted:

Smelling (burnt) toast is actually a common symptom of having a stroke, it's not a reference to any show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUOG2g4hj8s

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
IMO jews should sue Hitler. But he's probably dead so maybe sue his champion mr Higbee.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

did we get an update? is SA dead now?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Ratjaculation posted:

did we get an update? is SA dead now?

Update 1
Update 2

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that doesn't work anymore, although i have to assume that's an accident

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

the lawyers sued lowtax for the ability to log out

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Unironic lol

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
So much need for context there.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Well, they're all carrying instrument cases so come on Ben Matlock let's solve this mystery.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

My vote is nazi mariachi band, but I'll bet there will be a plot twist under cross examination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Over There posted:

They likely just started soliciting clients for reviews to negate the flood of bad reviews.

• Locked thread