Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Whilst at a yard sale in the north of France I saw this and wondered what are the best and worst movie tie ins.

e: how did this even happen https://youtu.be/T_fvGTXcEQM

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Sep 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Gonna have to go with Die Hard Trilogy as my favorite movie tie in.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spider-Man 2 for the PS2 was some drat win.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

julian assflange posted:

Whilst at a yard sale in the north of France I saw this and wondered what are the best and worst movie tie ins.

I've never played the PSX version but the actual IRL Austin Powers pinball machine absolutely kicks rear end. And it's probably the most sane Austin Powers video game adaptation, the least sane being Oh, Behave! on GBC which was a mini game collection developed by Rockstar Games with the frame of being Austin's personal PDA. It also had a Pokémon Red/Blue thing going on, being released alongside an almost identical Dr. Evil themed game called Welcome To My Underground Lair.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004

julian assflange posted:

e: how did this even happen https://youtu.be/T_fvGTXcEQM

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Spider-Man 2 for the PS2 was some drat win.

:hai:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
IIRC Street Fighter the Movie: the Game was pretty bad.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
X-Men Origins: Wolverine was a badass character action game and basically had nothing to do with the lovely movie

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Syncopated posted:

IIRC Street Fighter the Movie: the Game was pretty bad.
It tried to do the Mortal Kombat mo-cap, but they hosed up all the hitboxes and collision detection real bad so it was sloppy and unplayable.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Goldeneye...

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i watched the video in the op to see where on the table the use the iconic "yeah baby, yeah" line from austin powers

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

julian assflange posted:

its only flaw is it isnt gcon compatible..

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

julian assflange posted:

Die Hard Arcade is another insanely sick Die Hard game, amazing co-op.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

FactsAreUseless posted:

It tried to do the Mortal Kombat mo-cap, but they hosed up all the hitboxes and collision detection real bad so it was sloppy and unplayable.

So you mean they succeeded?? Bahaha

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Capcom Japan made the console versions so there's also a version of that game that plays like an awful sprite hack of SF2

they added Blanka to that version but the actor wouldn't wear the makeup or something so he's just a dude in camo shorts

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Capcom Japan made the console versions so there's also a version of that game that plays like an awful sprite hack of SF2

they added Blanka to that version but the actor wouldn't wear the makeup or something so he's just a dude in camo shorts

Oh my god lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

These games had like a big 6 page spread Nintendo Power feature

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

These games had like a big 6 page spread Nintendo Power feature

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh my god lmao

Sawada's home version super is real good, the KAMIKAZE BANZAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoDWY_3i4Yw

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

googling sawada to work out who the hell that is

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

lol

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

trying to jack off posted:

googling sawada to work out who the hell that is

he's a random martial artist the president of Capcom forced into the movie because he was convinced he was on the cusp of becoming an international action star, he's not even playing a character he's just some dude named Sawada

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Chronicles of Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
when i was a kid i watched the lawnmower man a lot because it was a movie about computers. one day i found the snes game clearanced out so i begged for it

it's mostly a bad euro side scroller but occasionally you jump into cyber mode-7 land. which is also bad but it looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64uiKnhAQM&t=255s

there's a few different kinds of mode-7 levels, there's one where it's first person and you zoom around to different shooting galleries to shoot monkeys and the HUD is like the cybermonkey HUD from the movie

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Plutonis posted:

i played a little bit of this on the xbox, and remember liking it, but never finished it

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Milkman posted:

when i was a kid i watched the lawnmower man a lot because it was a movie about computers. one day i found the snes game clearanced out so i begged for it

it's mostly a bad euro side scroller but occasionally you jump into cyber mode-7 land. which is also bad but it looks cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p64uiKnhAQM&t=255s

there's a few different kinds of mode-7 levels, there's one where it's first person and you zoom around to different shooting galleries to shoot monkeys and the HUD is like the cybermonkey HUD from the movie

It's crazy how the creative process of Lawnmower Man goes from -> King short story about a satyr that eats grass on peoples lawns and sacrifices them to a pagan deity -> Movie about a retarded man who gets his brain wired into cyberworld and turns into an evil cybergod -> videogame about shooting cyberchimps on mode-7 graphics

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jaws Unleashed on the PS2, which was made by the Ecco the Dolphin folks and which the first boss is not-Shamu as you escape from not-SeaWorld.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

i played a little bit of this on the xbox, and remember liking it, but never finished it
It's good but falls apart at the end, I never played the sequel.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's good but falls apart at the end, I never played the sequel.

don't they do something along the lines of a linear FPS with some branching, and character development? i definitely remember the shooting being fun.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

don't they do something along the lines of a linear FPS with some branching, and character development? i definitely remember the shooting being fun.
Butcher Bay is notable for being an FPS with fun stealth and melee systems, IIRC

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The Riddick games were good and made by Tigon - a studio founded by Vin Diesel 'primarily focused on games featuring Vin Diesel'.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Star Wars Episode I Racer was bad rear end

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

they had some cool stuff early on where you're in the cell blocks and you can talk to other prisoners and do some mini sidequests I think, I remember thinking it was dope when I played it on release.

Later on it's like all shooting and linear stuff which is less cool.

almostfearless
Aug 1, 2003

Inspiral, Coalescence, Ringdown

Plutonis posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyLtol39jKc
one of the better healing animations of gaming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smirking_Serpent posted:

they had some cool stuff early on where you're in the cell blocks and you can talk to other prisoners and do some mini sidequests I think, I remember thinking it was dope when I played it on release.

Later on it's like all shooting and linear stuff which is less cool.

oh yeah, that's what i'm thinking of

• Locked thread