Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

Goast posted:

isn't the hurricane naming scheme supposed to make it easy to differentiate between storms?

hurricane florence is some 2006 poo poo

they recycle names every few years and only take one off the list if it was a particularly notable storm.

this isn't the first hurricane florence, but it will probably be the last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

heavy flo predicted for carolina

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

triple sulk posted:

rip the entire crabtree mall

it floods during a regular rainstorm so ya i am looking forward to 4 ft of standing in water in belk for like 2 weeks

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

byob historian posted:

what coastal towns? this nc not sc fam

lol yeah there's like what 5 places east of 95 with more than 50k people

apart from the coasts which are gonna be evacuated today and tomorrow it's nothing but farmland, wildlife refuges, and military bases

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Thats why I said towns, and not cities

https://twitter.com/BenNollWeather/status/1039098666802270213?s=20

https://twitter.com/RaleighWx/status/1039085417549783045?s=20

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Disaster response better, worse, or on par with Puerto Rico?

twoday
May 4, 2005

Similar, probably

https://twitter.com/splillo/status/1038492065242464260

https://twitter.com/hurrtrackerapp/status/1038580560476741632

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

RIP outerbanks goddamn

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

So Jose, got any weddings to attend soon?

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/EricHolthaus/status/1038979276966686720?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

So Jose, got any weddings to attend soon?

i wish

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Dr. VooDoo posted:

they might get two rolls of paper towels limply chucked at them by el presidente

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Lord of Pie posted:

they might get two rolls of paper towels limply chucked at them by el presidente

It's honestly bizarre that no one has called him an effeminate Nancy boy to his face yet

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Dr. VooDoo posted:

pig farmers donate. we can rebuild the lakes full of deadly pigshit and corpses of farmhands who have fallen in. we have the technology

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
What the gently caress is with f names and destroying NC.

Fran, Floyd, Felix(sorta), and this fucker

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

trump cancelled about $800 million in requested aid for nc after matthew

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

It's honestly bizarre that no one has called him an effeminate Nancy boy to his face yet

garrison goggles are real

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/usacehq/status/1039122583462047745

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

owns

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
It will own bigly if all three get super strong and follow the exact same track

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/martyjbahamonde/status/1038849452566618112

With the way these predictions are escalating, pretty soon we will have a permanent Jupiter-esque storm

twoday has issued a correction as of 14:06 on Sep 10, 2018

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

hurricane looks to be going north of my house in charleston

:toot:

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Eventually we are just going to have to evacuate everyone that lives within 50 miles of the east coast

twoday
May 4, 2005

Make the Dismal Swamp Great Again

twoday
May 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/wesweather/status/1038965626272923649

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

The Nastier Nate posted:

Eventually we are just going to have to evacuate everyone that lives within 50 miles of the east coast

ultimately, climate is gonna bring the US down.

because our government is totally incapable of maintaining our infrastructure, nyc is still doing a ton of work to repair hurricane Sandy damage (from 2012!!). Next April they're gonna completely shut down a big subway tunnel for 15 months of repair, and this will paralyze a good portion of Brooklyn.

If we get another Sandy in the next 5 years all of the repairs they've done will be wiped out because they've done literally nothing in terms of damage prevention.

anyways I can imagine a scenario happening where an unlucky hurricane year basically wipes out the mass transit of most east coast cities for a decade, which would tank the economy big time

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Polo-Rican posted:

ultimately, climate is gonna bring the US down.

because our government is totally incapable of maintaining our infrastructure, nyc is still doing a ton of work to repair hurricane Sandy damage (from 2012!!). Next April they're gonna completely shut down a big subway tunnel for 15 months of repair, and this will paralyze a good portion of Brooklyn.

If we get another Sandy in the next 5 years all of the repairs they've done will be wiped out because they've done literally nothing in terms of damage prevention.

anyways I can imagine a scenario happening where an unlucky hurricane year basically wipes out the mass transit of most east coast cities for a decade, which would tank the economy big time

Yeah, America is in the middle of the biggest self-own in history and mother Earth is happy to help us along

twoday
May 4, 2005

Must be great if youre China

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

god is punishing nikki haley for writing the op ed

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
hahaha im moving out of the east coast id rather be on fire. gently caress.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

hahaha im moving out of the east coast id rather be on fire. gently caress.

The far west is gonna run out of water at some point, the inland south is gonna become inhospitable so that leaves... the midwest :getin:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Agean90 posted:

The far west is gonna run out of water at some point, the inland south is gonna become inhospitable so that leaves... the midwest :getin:

We should literally evacuate the south west and south east

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

twoday posted:

With the way these predictions are escalating, pretty soon we will have a permanent Jupiter-esque storm

:yeshaha:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Agean90 posted:

northwest still has water from what i can tell. ill just have to scare away californians.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
goddammit planet earth do NOT make me move to minneapolis

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Agean90 posted:

the pro move is to move way up into vermont, make beer, drink syrup all day, play checkers with bernie sanders, etc

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

northwest still has water from what i can tell. ill just have to scare away californians.

I forgot about them. Honestly I mostly expect all their water to get drained away to help prevent pheonix from turning into the world's largest ghost town

it's leading to hillarity where I'm at since the farmers here are insisting that them flooding their fields every year is cool, and good and water neutral, and that the state doesn't need to do a more accurate water audit than the one in the 50's

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Polo-Rican posted:

the pro move is to move way up into vermont, make beer, drink syrup all day, play checkers with bernie sanders, etc

id have moved to vermont years ago if property wasnt somehow more expensive than where im at

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
anyway, stay safe NC goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

anime was right posted:

gonna get wiped out by the impending major earthquake when the cascadia subduction zone finally goes