Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

moon weather starting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassTran
Feb 27, 2015

Here comes the moon

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I hope anyone being live sacrificed to a pagan god today took advance of the situation.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh lawd he waxin'

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Now he waining

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
my sister in law is mad at me because I dislike eclipse tourism while also agreeing it's a neat phenomenon to experience.

like ... just don't get on an airplane and recreationally go to some shithole to see it

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Moon weather was fun

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

my sister in law is mad at me because I dislike eclipse tourism while also agreeing it's a neat phenomenon to experience.

like ... just don't get on an airplane and recreationally go to some shithole to see it

You can do other stuff on an eclipse trip

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019
Big shadow was fun. That corona was pretty cool

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

You can do other stuff on an eclipse trip

I dislike travel in general. stop going places. it's not natural.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

for every place you don’t go, I will go to twice that many.

Charlatan Eschaton
Feb 23, 2018

ty moon :sun:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Agreed. The world outside the children hospital where I was born seems a scary place.

Who'd want to go out there?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

This is so cool. Thanks for finding it and putting it here.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

Hey watch what you call Niagara falls Buddy

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
the cave of winds is very cool. also still saw the totality even with all the clouds. it was awesome. :blessed:

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
just another day of record breaking heat at 36° f above average, thats fine right?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

it's called weather

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
gonna be approaching 80 all next week lol

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Scarabrae posted:

congrats

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I have the feeling this year will be another "it didn't get consistently warm/sunny until july" year

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Scarabrae posted:

We’ve just had a solid week of 80s after a couple of heavy storms covering everything with Saharan dust. In Central Europe :negative:

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

lots of weather out there today

https://twitter.com/NWSSPC/status/1778001076224205031

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Getting like a text alert from the city emergency services every 5 minutes in New Orleans. Surprised this cell hasn't produced any tornados; it is loving nasty out there.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

A tornado already tore through Hammond, and I guess the levee in Yazoo city is about to burst

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Sure lot of weather happened in Dubai

https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesgirl3/status/1780568185755840858

https://twitter.com/Rainmaker1973/status/1780565596695941411

https://twitter.com/0xBackwards/status/1780259655589007457

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I like to think the driver was desperately slamming on the brake as the Tesla decided to override driver input and keep going

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I like to think the driver was desperately slamming on the brake as the Tesla decided to override driver input and keep going

that's angela chao

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

i say swears online posted:

that's angela chao

angela, ciao

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
washington is turning into california

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HashtagGirlboss posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/744551674082136066
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1481724767363338246

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

err posted:

Smoke season looking promising.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Washington is now Dryerton.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

clallam county in drought is just an absolute disaster, and a wildfire catastrophe waiting to happen

i have a very good friend who has lived his entire 60 years there, and he's never seen anything like the last few

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

err posted:

what does this mean

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/CurrentMap/StateDroughtMonitor.aspx?WA

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I really need a Werner Herzog commentary over that clip, like the one with the penguin walking off to die

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
In Washington, drought is declared when there is less than 75% of normal water supply and there is the risk of undue hardship.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

err posted:

In Washington, drought is declared when there is less than 75% of normal water supply and there is the risk of undue hardship.

How is undue defined, because I feel like Washington is pretty due for some hardship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

err posted:

they should move to seattle then, it looks like