Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Zil posted:

Thats just a deep state ploy. It is actually sunny and cool in New Orleans right now. No rain in sight.

if you had said it was hot and unbearably muggy I might have believed you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

anybody watching jeff just wants to see a sequel to the blue shed

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Shear Modulus posted:

what's the story with the blue shed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxkR9rVqnXY

jeff was streaming from under this carwash and the only thing he could really see in front of him was this blue shed. poo poo really hits the fans and there's debris flying around everywhere and people really expected to see that little blue shed tear apart but it stood strong.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

lol the youtube chat is so suspicious of this guy they just watched save two people

Chat is definitely racist

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Chuka Umana posted:

all jokes aside: how is this comparing to Katrina so far?

I don't think the flooding is as near as bad.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

asking streamchat for rescuers lol

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

crazy eyes mustafa posted:

Did something actually racist happen or are goons being goons

it's the people in chat that are being racist

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Edgar Allan Pwned posted:

Well they left so were those people helped or just not talking?

they were picked up by the police, nobody got left anywhere

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Holiday Inn won't let the Italian Navy guy in even though he has a room there, lol

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

punished milkman posted:

the stream has really been an incredible series of people refusing to help other people. lmao. america is a demon poo poo nation

streamchat is convinced the italian guy is some kind of conjob/murderer working the most ridiculous angle

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

speng31b posted:

some people on americanwx forums reporting that there's a buildup of water around i10/610 split, and snapshots from people in the area in attics requesting help. If so that seems bad...

i believe that's where the wxcasting guys the thread has been watching were earlier and it was definitely flooded

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Goobish posted:

Lol dude just got hit with a beer can and said "I made a mistake" stream is fun again

also a news car just drove into the water trap

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

GOD IS BED posted:

What stream are yall watching?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2YtGZw30eo

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/WxCjs/status/1432191133652766720?s=20

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4wQku_vAZA

high quality footage of that those people being rescued on i-10 that we were all watching hours ago

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

it really is something you have to experience to really understand. it’s just this constant never ending howling that’s slamming everything then there’s the gusts within the storm that are even faster that feel like something just physically slammed the building you’re in. If you’re in a dense area, you can actually hear the gust coming from the sound of crashing as it hits every building on the way to where you are.

and this goes on for hours, and there’s nothing you can do about it. you just… sit there and listen and hope the building holds.

We were hundreds of miles inland in Jackson, and Katrina is still something I vividly remember.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

cardedagain posted:

the news straight doxxing him.

they're just reporting accurately

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

just thinking about all the people who live in NE talking about how nobody should live in New Orleans last week.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

the water from my taps has smelled like lake water since wednesday night

this cleans my water

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newtown_Creek_Wastewater_Treatment_Plant

lmao at least you got a nature walk and a waterfall in the lobby

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

what the gently caress is a flood czar

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Level 5 atmospheric river

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

It was 76 yesterday and we had a tornado warning, tonight it is supposed to snow.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

[weather event] yesterday, [opposite weather event] today, haha, guess that's just [region]'s weather!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

You never hear about game wardens murdering people even though guns are normally involved

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

emf posted:

Stunned, or ex-parrots, you suppose? :(

I think a few of them might have recovered at least.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

can someone tell me which of those two goons is right

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Cup Runneth Over posted:

those paintings are hung like poo poo

uh it's holland and it's called the dutch angle

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

This is merely a sub-species of tarp and thus further supports the supremacy of the tarp to combat climate change

smdh that bridge is going to be scratched to pieces

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Relying on one freak event to save us from another is surely sustainable

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

we've found robert

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

maybe they bet a lot of money on the number of hurricanes this year

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Gripweed posted:

A few years back the British government put out a report saying that they, the British government, needed to provide funds to insulate buildings including private homes. It would be a relatively small upfront cost with enormous savings in the following years. The government then proceeded to do absolutely nothing. A protest group was formed called Insulate Britain that did small protests like temporarily blocking roadways to try to force the government to do the small thing it had already said it needed to do. The British public and media responded by saying that Insulate Britain was a terrorist group and every member needed to be in jail.

why insulate homes when you can insulate the entire planet

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

prayin for jeff

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

somebody needs to locate a car warsh for jeff

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Jeff exaggerating the wind speed already and

OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE THAT EXPLOSION

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

tater_salad posted:

Cam 9 is in storm chase heaven attached to blue shed.

wait what happened to the blue shed

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/NOAA/status/1446491741138395177

:thunk:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I always thought it was weird that the first time I saw snow growing up in Mississippi was when I was around 7 or 8, but after that it seemed like it snowed almost every year.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Everyone watches movies and thinks that the collapse of society will be fast and one morning they'll wake up and the ethnic minorities from the inner city will declare anarchy and invade their sleepy little suburb, to steal their TV and wife.

In reality, we're already in it, things will just keep getting shittier by the day, then one day you're reminiscing about the days when you could just go to the store and get a Granny Smith Apple without a loan.

Right, you gotta get Mad Max before you get The Road Warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

someone think of the yachts