Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

I live around Fort Bragg / Fayetteville and good god things are going to be hosed for the next week. When Mathew hit half the surrounding counties were under water for a week and all the poors flooded out. With Trump in charge we're going to need a few more paper towels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

anime was right posted:

anyway, stay safe NC goons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ncAUFgTDq8

This will be me Thursday/Friday.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

I'm here between Fayetteville and SW toward Hope Mills.

Hurricane Mathew came through and I didn't even lose power, but fam not that far away did for a few days and folks further south east got seriously flooded.

I just hope my luck holds up this time again. I'll live without a few days of power for sure, but man do I not want any significant flooding or trees smashing into the house.

Other than that, LOLSHITCANE

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

twoday posted:

list of goons to check later to see if they are dead:
DryGoods
A Big Fuckin Hornet
Morally adept
anonumos
reignofevil - tree/fence damage
Sir Plus
gently caress You and Diebold

I'm good. Had to mop water off my tiled lower section of house which is a converted carport that is ground level. Sandbagged around the doors but still weeped through bricks and seals. Otherwise okay. Floods hosed the roads all around me though and lots of people are just now starting to get power back.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

When will people wisen up and realize Jeff just isn't covering but the cause these natural disasters? You don't live 35 years with hurricanes without causing them, Jeff. Please stop this.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

lol, ya'll so drat scared of a little bit of water. Don't you take a bath ever week, why is a little rain making you crap your diapers, haha

- Jesus

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Sing Along posted:

im hearing that it might not hit florida now??

Its absolutely going to hit FL. All of the steering winds are pushing it west.

Bulgakov posted:

one thing i remember from the dumb great little book 'pocket reference' is the higher cat storms that cant theoretically exist on earth but maybe elsewhere

Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Scale is based mostly on windspeed ant Cat 5 is open ended. But that doesn't mean storms can't be more destructive due to increased size, flooding, volume of water dumped, etc.

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

Its absolutely going to hit FL. All of the steering winds are pushing it west.

poo poo, its turning and coming for me now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

jamal posted:

The funny thing is how across the top of every forecast map it says "...hazardous conditions can occur outside the cone." So he didn't even have to draw a halfassed sharpie extension, he could have used that. Like, if the hurricane did actually follow that path it would probably cause some heavy rains and wind in alabama.

Furthermore, why does the noaa keep changing their forecast? It's like they don't know what they're doing. Just pick one and stick to it.

This but more ironically.