Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

I feel like this whole post is a troll built around "$25 monthly into a watch savings".

If you don't want to declare bankruptcy all you can do is reduce expenses, increase income, and snowball the debt. You should get rid of cable, your NYT subscription, get a cheaper prepaid cell phone plan, whatever the $10 google expense is, your watch fund (??), stop buying poo poo at the gas station, get your GF to move in and pay some kind of rent and look for ways to make extra money whenever possible, including selling off stuff you don't really need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

metallicaeg posted:

I'm not buying or selling any watches.

You are going to be poor forever so you can have a box of decorative watches? In 2018?

Murderknobs: Booze/Alcoholism
Zuarg: Bitcoins
Blue Story: Star Wars crap
Cornholio: stupid cars
DogsCantBudget: Someone to pick up his dog poop for him so he could impress his neighbors
SloMo: Drugs and Opera
You: Watches

I'm not sure which of those is the dumbest to be honest.

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

metallicaeg posted:

If selling the lot would have me cleared of debt I'd have done so yesterday. But I don't see much point in clearing house on them when I'd knock off ~5% of my total debt. Half of what I have I've owned for years and they're in the condition that reflects that, and they weren't all that expensive to begin with. You all keep jumping on this watch-selling bandwagon as if I've got thousands and thousands of dollars of value in them. I don't.

It's not really about the watches, it's about the fact that your broken brain kept buying stupid useless poo poo as you dug a financial hole that is going to take you 5 years to get out of. If you can't figure that out and fix your brain then you are going to be poor until you die.

Like how on hoarders they make the broken brain people choose things to throw away themselves before they just start filling dumpsters full of crap.

Zaurg won't sell the dumb thing he bought, his brain is still broken too. He just happens to be earning enough money right now to delay his inevitable disastrous outcome for a while longer.

Droo
Jun 25, 2003

Weatherman posted:

So should we assume that you've given up, OP, since you got given advice but it wasn't the advice you wanted and now you're going to ignore this thread and convince yourself that whatever scheme you've cooked up is the right one (like all your others before)?

Give him a break, he is busy researching all the upcoming Black Friday watch sales.