Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

I'm gonna go ahead and suggest you get rid of these. Sorry watchbro :(

e: that's like $3000 of fancy japanese watches holy geez

Vivian Darkbloom fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

metallicaeg posted:

As to the watches, I have sold some here and there, but what I'm sitting on now falls under two categories - cheaper pieces I've had for a while that have very little value, and more expensive-but-not-luxury pieces which I certainly don't want to sell and would take 30-50% hit on what I paid for them. So not really looking to sell those further when it would amount to advancing the timeline by a measure of weeks at most.

Just to discuss the part I know about because I've wasted plenty of money on watches: the money you've spent on them is gone. Watches hold their value a little better than some consumer goods but taking them out of the package probably knocks 20% off their effective value. But that's done, so pay attention to your current situation. Am I wrong to say that by selling that collection, you could still get like $2000? Given the cost of financing all your debt, it's crazy to ignore that.