Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON

ChocolatePancake posted:

I still can't believe you killed all the golden girls.

Only three of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 70 - You, Me, And The Vicar

:xcom:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Dan. Seriously. Do we need to stage an intervention?

We talked about the Vicar, man.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I will never stop drinking the Vicar's Cross because I'm not a coward

It took me several tries to learn not to shove a fork in the electrical socket, and if it ever taunted me I still would, smug rear end wall rear end fucker

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
You should start a patreon where the only benefit is that you have to use all the money on Vicar's Cross.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 71 - Elena's Vengeance

This is what 1.3 litres of 8.2% beer in an hour does to a human

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dan, if you won't stop drinking Vicar's Cross for yourself, could you at least stop for the sake of those around you? Other people are suffering for your choices.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

DAN

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'm not going to apologize for not being a coward <:mad:>

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
"Chrysallids can't climb." :stare:

E: I'm also starting to re-think how dangerous teleport after taking damage is, since the AI just keeps using it to clown itself into flanks.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Dead Reckoning posted:

E: I'm also starting to re-think how dangerous teleport after taking damage is, since the AI just keeps using it to clown itself into flanks.

It is, at worst, somewhat inconvenient. Very rarely do they end up in a good position that a grenade can't reach.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I once had a fun incident during the final encounter, pre-WotC when the final encounter didn’t have its own loading screen, where an Avatar teleported out of the final arena. After several turns of waiting, pressure from the reinforcements got me to start looking for it. It was heading back and I was able to meet it, fortunately. It would have ruined my Ironman achievement run otherwise.

An annoying thing about the addition of loading screen is that it prevents you from bringing units you permanently mind-control with Dominate early in the map into the final room.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The Hunter's teleport when hurt thing has honestly been more useful to us than either of his weaknesses. Dude got a raw deal

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Dead Reckoning posted:

"Chrysallids can't climb." :stare:

It shuts down the tactic of grenades to clear cover, but at the same time any guaranteed damage skill or item gives you another shot at having him close enough for someone mobile to get a regular run-behind flank.

Dr Christmas posted:

An annoying thing about the addition of loading screen is that it prevents you from bringing units you permanently mind-control with Dominate early in the map into the final room.

The dumbest final battle I ever had was when I dominated a gatekeeper and then used Gateway to assemble a zombie army of every single Advent from throughout the level. I had the dead Advent corpses stationed throughout the final arena soaking up enemy fire and shambling over to whack any Avatar that teleported too far from my real troops.

It also gave me the opportunity to zombify a dead Avatar, and why pass up a chance to desecrate the bodies of your enemy?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 72 - It's Earth, Everybody's Mad

I considered busting out redpandatwittering.mp3 for this, but if you've made it this far, you probably have heard worse.

Also Jake Gollop is the guy who made the first XCOM, not Jake Solomon

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Danaru posted:

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 72 - It's Earth, Everybody's Mad

I considered busting out redpandatwittering.mp3 for this, but if you've made it this far, you probably have heard worse.

Also Jake Gollop is the guy who made the first XCOM, not Jake Solomon
Ahem, itīs Julian Gollop

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Sylphosaurus posted:

Ahem, itīs Julian Gollop

well piss that makes my mistake even dumber :frogdunce:

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I'll volunteer to be the guy that chimes in to tell you what Soul Harvest is: every kill Valkyrie gets gives her a +5% crit chance.

e: And now that I've watched to the end, congratulations on your surprisingly drunk triumph!

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 24, 2020

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Congratulations on finishing the game, and thank you to both Dan and Grace for an excellent LP.

I'm glad it was Jane with the final shot. Feels right.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I suppose it's time for X-Com 2 to be fully removed from the Dan and Grace Memorial Fight Club.

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Is this the drunkest you've been since The Fury fight from MGS3? Except less frustration and more things that a lesser man would've [redpandatwitter.mp3]'d

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Man, Tactical Analysis and Mimic Beacons were doing some work for y'all that mission.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Congrats on finishing the game!

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Everyone knows how great mimic beacons are, but I never hear anyone crowing about tactical analysis. It's so loving good and deserves more attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

RIP cam, he's done his last eauverwotch :(