Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Will you be making a personalized memorial to your livers at the end of all this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Their livers are long dead
Theres an organ in its place that turns alcohol into LPs

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
God I love ya'lls drunken LPs.

Gotta make it through the first 3 for Grace to start getting spicy.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
What was the lp you haven't posted yet? Valkyria Chronicles?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.

Lacedaemonius posted:

That's just optimizing toward sub-optimal play and savescumming.

Also drink a whole lot if you lose someone or fail an objective?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CaptainScraps posted:

What was the lp you haven't posted yet? Valkyria Chronicles?

Yeah it was Valkyria Chronicles. We have like seven episodes recorded but I hate making OPs so I keep putting it off.

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 3 - It's Not Magic, It's Robots

Anyone who kills aliens is cool in my book :colbert:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Danaru posted:

Anyone who kills aliens is cool in my book :colbert:

Sometimes I'd really like to see you LP a space-themed 4X game, like Stellaris or something like that.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Danaru posted:

Yeah it was Valkyria Chronicles. We have like seven episodes recorded but I hate making OPs so I keep putting it off.

Holy poo poo I hope Jann comes on every mission.

Grace
Dec 18, 2015

C'MON SOMETHING AWFUL LETS GET SICK'NIIIIIING

CaptainScraps posted:

Holy poo poo I hope Jann comes on every mission.

uh duh

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Loving how you kept trying to get close to the advent bomb and fire men. Do you sip your beer or is it one beer per miss?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Each drink is a decently sized mouthful. Also most of the beers I get are like 8% alcohol which is why I got drunk enough to forget fireboys explode

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Affi posted:

Loving how you kept trying to get close to the advent bomb and fire men. Do you sip your beer or is it one beer per miss?

an entire beer is too much volume for drinking games like this. normal drinking games require a good hit off of a beer, so a decent sip. if you want to be hardcore you just use shots.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

As you might imagine Volk is Russian for wolf. Our new Russian rookie's last name come from vorobey which means sparrow.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Alert: Mox has been killed!
Mox: Good work on killing that patrol guys! Let's move up!

I think the reapers might have a point guys...

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

If there's one thing I enjoy most about War of the Chosen it's how quickly it turns into the Star Trek: TNG reunion tour.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 4 - I'm Sick Of Getting Stabbed

I don't much care for the Assassin

Colander Crotch
Nov 24, 2005

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
You did say something that sounded like them not being able to go up ladders, FYI. I was just as confused as Grace.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I thought it was pretty clear that ladders needed to be blocked. And I'm heavily medicated and suffering from what my neurologist called "cognitice slowness" so I don't think there's any excuse.

After some googling, apparently the zoo in Minnesota does have a red panda. Sadly I'm poor so I can't pay for Dan and Grace to come see it. Hell, I'm not sure I can afford to go see it myself. Also it's hot and the whole migraine thing.

Also I would go to Dan and Grace's wedding if invited but, again, poor. I don't know why I keep getting hit by these drive-by "CirclMastr is sick of our poo poo" comments.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

That Chosen battle seems like some bullshit to me. She can move, attack, and then move again? Also she got a lot of distance on those dashes.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Man, you need to embrace everything being explodey more. The proper solution to the assassin hiding upstairs is to remove the floor under her so gravity can politely insist she interact with the nice people throwing her a party.

Nekomimi-Maiden
Feb 27, 2011

I'm here to help you.
Rule number one, don't get me killed.
The Chosen have some really nasty abilities, and the Assassin is probably the worst of the lot. She basically has Implacable from Ranger but better, or the ability of the third hero type we haven't seen yet in this LP.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Regarding our discussion about pretzels:

https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/1041303100655652865

FoolyCharged posted:

Man, you need to embrace everything being explodey more. The proper solution to the assassin hiding upstairs is to remove the floor under her so gravity can politely insist she interact with the nice people throwing her a party.

I actually have, and likely will take advantage of the Lost by camping on ladders, then blowing up as many things as possible until the 74 zombies that appear kill all the advent :v: With that said I also might not because the PS4 version REALLY HATES having a lot of Lost on the map. I've never actually had the PC version CTD but the PS4 version has hard crashed a few times while testing poo poo.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Woah. I had not seen War of the Chosen in play before and wow that's a lot of plot added to the game in really cool ways

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
It struck me as entirely possible that the Chosen would just single-handedly kill all of your squaddies if she did not make the baffling decision to end her turn in the middle of a street

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Houston's zoo has a red panda encounter.

[url]https://www.houstonzoo.org/education/red-panda-encounter/[url]

But you gotta go to Houston, the city that feels and smells like your crotch inside a pair of jeans in summertime.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

That summons nasty Zams on this map tho

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

That summons nasty Zams exp on this map tho

Fixed

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Fair enough!

So Dan I take it you're gonna take out the Assassin ASAP cause she really loving sucks and will ruin your day (moreso than the other Chosen)?

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Dan you and grace are my absolute faves, looking forward to you passing out while recording repeatedly.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
When are you going to change the soldiers' names to Pinkie-chan, Florp, El-Baki, Jesus, Buddha, and so forth.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 5 - Bad Time

Our second session is... off to a rocky start

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Dan if you get Elena killed :argh:

After the war is over she and Mox will get married and live happily with lots of adopted children taking care of a zoo full of red pandas. This is my headcanon, don't dare ruin it.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah you shoulda just taken the shot. dealing with one mostly dead cell and one healthy one is better than dealing with two healthy cells esp this early on.

I don't like the early game just cause of how limited your options are. The civilian rescue missions are especially mean.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

SSNeoman posted:

Yeah you shoulda just taken the shot. dealing with one mostly dead cell and one healthy one is better than dealing with two healthy cells esp this early on.

I don't like the early game just cause of how limited your options are. The civilian rescue missions are especially mean.

Yeah but at the same time while I'm dealing with Sectoid and his bitch friends, the other pods are off executing civilians, of which I was way too drat close to failing the mission due to :saddowns: Fortunately that mission ended up being a Three Stooges episode for Advent too, otherwise this LP might have ended way too loving fast

https://twitter.com/HetzerGonnaHetz/status/1042188620872998912

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That's fair but that's also what got you into that mess. You just don't have the tools atm to handle everything so try to take em apart one cell st a time. The game is usually merciful in that every cell seems to focus on like one or two civvies near them so if you can take out one or two cells you should have enough civvies to finish the mission.

Oh and obv you need to make sure not to end your turns grabbing civvies cause they can go Faceless and welp but other than Elena your guys have gently caress all for movement so welp.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
drink when Central comments about how often the Chosen comment

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play XCOM 2 WOTC Episode 6 - Oops! All Snipers

I've proven time and time again that I'm amazing at stealth missions

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

What's the prostrat to building facilities?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
IIRC XCOM 2 is pretty good about building. A staffed workshop helps a lot early game but eventually you get enough staff to staff everything without gremlins. A couple late game buildings are best placed on an exposed power conduit but we wont need that for a while.

Not having a GTS or a proving ground is really chapping my rear end though. I have no idea where the hell the black market is but GIVE ME SOME drat ENGINEERS :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
Workshops are pretty bad in WOTC: IIRC they cost more than they did in the base game (and were already pricy) and compete for space with new buildings. You can also get new engineers from resistance missions now.

Basically prostrat is to build the Ring as soon as possible because it provides tons of useful things for basically no cost.