Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Stealth has its place in this game, but running into the middle of the map with 3 enemy squads surrounding you, and huddling there is not a workable tactic. Rushing for the mission objective is, but stunlancers are massive amounts of bullshit, and hard counter those kinds of attempts when they appear.

That being said, I enjoy this LP immensely!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Wiseblood posted:

Oh no, you've angered the cactus!

lol

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

While watching, I was thinking, If I really had to win this mission, I'd try to push the survivable drone man down the side of the map far enough, so he could tag the enemies attacking the objective. Enemy groups tend to run after you instead of objectives, if you take a shot at them. That'd get you way more attention that you'd ever want, but it'd be a line with a possible victory. Or a squad wipe!

That being said, getting away with a total alien wipe without deaths was a good result here. XP gained! A Codex, a Stun Lancer and an Oculus Rift is a horrible combination that could easily get a kill, even against a bigger XCOM team. I don't think that the dark event isn't that big of a deal if you save up and send the real heroes on the missions that matter.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Traditional oyster stouts definitely use actual oysters in the fermentation process, it gives the beer its unique taste! Some brands use artificial flavors these days. I hope you bought lots so you can keep on enjoying your gourmet seafood brew, and oh, I also hope you're not allergic to molluscs

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Crazy Achmed posted:

Butter and beer are a great combo... if you're making a chocolate cake.

"there is certainly a resonant, ferrous tang"

Exactly what I'm looking for in both beer and chocolate cakes! That distinct taste of comping down on a screwdriver!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

I believe in whatever this is!