Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

-Drink if XCOM misses
-Drink if XCOM panics
-Drink if a civilian dies

DAN NO! DON'T! STOP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

As you might imagine Volk is Russian for wolf. Our new Russian rookie's last name come from vorobey which means sparrow.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

Man, you need to embrace everything being explodey more. The proper solution to the assassin hiding upstairs is to remove the floor under her so gravity can politely insist she interact with the nice people throwing her a party.

That summons nasty Zams on this map tho

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Fair enough!

So Dan I take it you're gonna take out the Assassin ASAP cause she really loving sucks and will ruin your day (moreso than the other Chosen)?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah you shoulda just taken the shot. dealing with one mostly dead cell and one healthy one is better than dealing with two healthy cells esp this early on.

I don't like the early game just cause of how limited your options are. The civilian rescue missions are especially mean.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That's fair but that's also what got you into that mess. You just don't have the tools atm to handle everything so try to take em apart one cell st a time. The game is usually merciful in that every cell seems to focus on like one or two civvies near them so if you can take out one or two cells you should have enough civvies to finish the mission.

Oh and obv you need to make sure not to end your turns grabbing civvies cause they can go Faceless and welp but other than Elena your guys have gently caress all for movement so welp.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

What's the prostrat to building facilities?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah plus that bonus to excav reduction time should get us a few more facility slots pretty quickly. Dan did good.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

CaptainScraps posted:

You're gonna regret not throwing that grenade near the car.

Zhuang should have gone out like a hero

And not score those sweet crits?

drat not having the Ring loving hurts.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah Dragunova's Claymore will probably wreck the Assassin's poo poo.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

EDIT: Disregard this post didn't realize power rooms can take two engis. Dan is a better and smarter man than I am. Just build a power room under that workshop, upgrade both facilities and you are gold.

If you can get like two-three more engis you might wanna dedicate them to excavating the place out so that you can replace that excav order with something else. Also if you can get PSI Lab research up, the spot in the bottom right has its name on it. That's 10 power you don't need.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Sep 27, 2018

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

drat that was a rough one :(

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Upgrade that workshop :argh:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Good call on not going for psionics. It was a tough call but I think you did the right thing especially since it'll take for loving ever to get the bottom right panel excav'd.

Also yeah that was a great fight. This locale isn't the best for the Hunter, he's an absolute PITA on the loving highway tileset for instance, and it's the best when you can blow out the floor out from under him.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah the Assassin is basically your Rangers but on crack which is bad times because honestly Showdowstep and her own extreme HP bar cover a Ranger's downsides really well.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

You might wanna actually head into psionics, esp if you can get a few more engies. But yeah better guns means more better. I always forget how much the base guns suck.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

*wearily* that's xcom...

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Dan you obv brought the skulljack because of its bonus to hacking which is what you were planning to use against the automated defenses!

EDIT: that hack was bullshit

EDIT 2: Yes, don't bother with Demolition. I actually think the ability is bugged on the version you're playing on.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 10, 2018

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

YO DAN GRAB THIS poo poo IT IS AMAZING

No fighting from me, that was objectively the right choice. Psionics, Armor and Weapons by far take the longest amount of research and you still have T1 weapons.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Oct 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Hunkering down in your position was a super bad idea cause you had no cover there. And running into the building was an especially bad one.