Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I thought this was alright but it really could have been 40 minutes shorter.

Count me among those not understanding what the post credit scene was supposed to be telling us.

Tilda Swinton was great as Blanc. I also thought Mia Goth was really good. I enjoyed the increased emphasis on dance.

Edit: I should add that I think Suspiria ‘77 is a perfect masterpiece and the biggest flaw of Suspiria ‘18 is that no one jumps into a room filled with barbed wire

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

sethsez posted:

Just a question for people who've seen the remake: is there any vomit in it? I've got a bit of a phobia about it but I'll be goddamned if I wait to see a freakin' Suspiria remake so it'd be cool to know going in.

Yes. At least stuff coming out of the mouth, vomit or bile.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Here are all of the echoes of the original Suspiria that I noticed on first watch

The obvious:

- Character/place names/general concept
- Jessica Harper as Anke
- Three mothers (I forget, does the original actually name mother tenebrarum and mother lachrymarum, or does that not come up until Inferno?)

Less obvious:

- Counting steps
- Room full of artifacts/trinkets
- Secret hallways/caverns throughout the studio
- “The Iris room”

Anything I missed? I’m sure there is.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Good ones, I didn’t even think about Sara getting caught in the floor hole being so similar to the barbed wire scene of the original

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I could watch another hour of Tilda Swinton as Madame Blanc. She was awesome in that role and I truly bought the love between her and Suzy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
There’s also an extended sequence I would describe as supremely bloody.

Spoiler for those that have seen it: it’s the sabbath obviously, starting with Markos blowing Blanc’s neck the gently caress out and then the 5 or so minutes of exploding heads while a cool Radiohead song plays