Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

hell yeah I was in shop class that day I got to goof off

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Does anyone have the one where Cheney asks W what’s the kinkiest thing he’s ever done?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/SniperWuff/status/1039358462583558145

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-r7qymfa0Q&t=62s

They had to remove a scene from the Spider-man movie where Spider-man caught a helicopter between the two towers.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

those controllers were really big tho

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

I am almost twice as old as 9/11 this year. In fact, this is as close as I'll ever be to twice as old as 9/11 and I missed it.

if you're twice as old as 9/11

bless you

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
the year or two after 911 was the most surreal tine period ive ever experienced. it was a weird combination of paranoia and consumerism.

companies offered to seal your house to make it bioweapon proof

i remember a local news report telling people not to jog while wearing a gas mask if they had a heart condition

muslim women were totally getting bombs surgically placed inside their boobs to smuggle them through security

this was presented unironically and every very serious adult seemed to believe it without question

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Here's the whole sad set.

https://imgur.com/gallery/tmw4Ywu

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if you didn't seal your home with plastic because of the Terrorists you were living on the edge

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if you didn't put a flag on your car and also every item that you owned you didn't truly love America

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

logikv9 posted:

if you didn't seal your home with plastic because of the Terrorists you were living on the edge

Breathing in asbestos and the ashes of the dead was a much better strategy.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
osama keeps winning even from beyond the grave

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
if we had smartphones during 9/11 and subsequent years we would get amber-alert style warnings on our phones telling us changes in the Terror Alert Level

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
https://youtu.be/rPzzYhuhOxo

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
they had national guard troops occupy the airports for months after. my mom got mad when i asked what good that would do

my middle school had plans in case al qaeda attacked it

we had a school assembly to teach us how to identify bombs and "suspicious people"

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

they had national guard troops occupy the airports for months after. my mom got mad when i asked what good that would do

my middle school had plans in case al qaeda attacked it

we had a school assembly to teach us how to identify bombs and "suspicious people"

I'm guessing that test involved a paper bag?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
:toot:

I was late to homeroom cause I got in a fight in the library
I walk in and everyone is staring at their screen I remember this one dude literally had his jaw open
I was like "what it's just some dumb smokestacks who cares?" Then I realized it was buildings.

3 days in when there wasn't a followup attack I realized it was a one off thing and there would be a ton of brokebrained retards loving poo poo up from this

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

lmao this was in 2006 way after we knew it was all our fault

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

logikv9 posted:

if you didn't put a flag on your car and also every item that you owned you didn't truly love America

woah woah woah what about yellow ribbon shaped magnets??

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

happy national death day errybody
https://twitter.com/freddoso/status/1039376983119937536

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
h*ck yes

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
I'm proud 2 b an american, where at least i know im hosed

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

reminder that the number of terror attacks increased since the war on terror began. the number of attacks in 2017 was 10,900 which is about 10 times more than in 2001

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

reminder that the number of terror attacks increased since the war on terror began. the number of attacks in 2017 was 10,900 which is about 10 times more than in 2001

ya but bush is real salty about how trump said mean things about him personally so now he is apart of the resistance and friends with my hero obama

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
good thread

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkSMSbFV_q0

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

have any of these comic book villains done something nearly as evil as the invasion of iraq because i've read more than my fair share of comics and can't thing of anything that comes close

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

i feel like there should be a big spike in 2003 because we invaded iraq on a lie with no motive except to kill as many people as possible, that seems like a pretty terroristic act

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

glad the folks who wrote this are all dead now, in the year 2069

• Locked thread