Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Elite Dangerous and pretending to be a space man is nice, but in my heart I know I truly just want to fly around in space and shoot dudes. I appreciate that this game acknowledges that and aims to get me into the thick of it as fast as possible...like Freelancer did o7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I managed to solve my payment option issues faster than Epic did on their dumbass store, but them being brazen about payment option issues outside of the western hemisphere was, TBF, insulting. I'm glad that RGO at least didn't go the way of the Phoenix Point devs by stirring up poo poo with Fig and their investors; I recognize indie devs need to make money and I'm at that point in life where I'd rather play games legit, so I'm definitely picking this up once it hits Steam or that new game pass from Microsoft.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
They pushed back the shopping cart feature on their Trello

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
lets discuss game. there is space ship

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Fine, what is the fundamental difference between Privateer and Freelancer? You old fuckers :argh:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Mad Wack posted:

this is well documented in forums of yore - here take a post from lancersreactor forums user chandraskarlimit

...ah.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Quicksilver6 posted:

Freelancer is more of an ARPG, kind of Diablo esque experience in Space. More equipment, ship and role granularity, levels, generally easier to get into and explore. Combat is not so much pure reflex.

Privateer is the old school of space sim, a 90’s FPS in space. Combat is frenzied and enemies are unforgiving, with hull damage being potentially crippling instead of a minor nuisance.

No heals mid-mission, area difficulty is entirely by equipment, less options overall but drastic differences between. Generally much harder than Freelancer by default.

Cool, thank you. TBH I was kinda dreading this, but I do hope that customizing the guns and ships themselves is actually pretty deep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Klyith posted:

It is not. It has vastly less variety in weapons, equipment, and ships than Rebel Galaxy 1 had.

...poo poo. That's not good.