Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

eke out posted:

yeah i feel like emily is both very obsessive about learning/exploiting the rules and very willing to take huge risks -- plus a real devious streak, prone to elaborate plans she's hiding from the DM and the audience.

don't find that combination very often and it's a delight

What really sets her apart, I think, is just how committed she is to making sure everyone else in the group is having as much fun as she is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Finished ep 4 and really enjoyed it. Especially Mavid. I really enjoyed Jake playing a little poo poo (ghoul), and the voice was so good. I think it’s up there as one of my favorite campaigns.

(Which, how many have there been at this point? Campaign 1, Trinyvale, Hexbuds, Eldermourne, hot boy summer, blazing babe (the mavrus chronicles), Campaign 2, Twilight Sanctorum? 8?)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

proposal: twilight sanctorum but also mavurs is there for unexplained reasons

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Jake playing “basically Amir” in Twilight Sanctorum was amazing. geez louise!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtVakoONTlE

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I just started this show a couple weeks ago, and man, I’m obsessed with it. I’m up to Smuggler’s Bounty, and Hardwon just completely cracked me up when Moonshine was desperately trying to get someone to go with her and the Tieflings.

“I don’t know that I want my first time to be…I MEAN!”

This show is so drat funny.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

welcome, friend, you have a long and excellent ride ahead. i recommend shelling out the fiver for the patreon short rests, they're amazing companion pieces to each ep

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

kidcoelacanth posted:

welcome, friend, you have a long and excellent ride ahead. i recommend shelling out the fiver for the patreon short rests, they're amazing companion pieces to each ep

Easily the best value in podcast patreons I’ve encountered so far yeah; they do a bonus every week and they’re often funnier than the main feed. How else will you know the story of Jake’s cuckoldry

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

It’s worth it, just for the extra d&d court cases alone, never mind all the other hilarious poo poo in the short rests.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Short rests are when they go completely off the rails in the best possible way

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

kidcoelacanth posted:

If you think you can afford it, the next tier up for the mixed bags is pretty worth it also. Though I guess pay for the short rests and listen to everything and then you could go back.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Moonshine polymorphing the knightmare into a dolphin floored me. It somehow made total sense and, at the same time, was the funniest possible option.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Holy god, the pre-wedding party! What a great loving show!

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
It's fun hearing someone work through NaddPod again.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Who called it?

NieR Occomata ELEVEN MONTHS AGO posted:

Why haven’t the naddpod crew written a CYOA book.

NieR Occomata fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 19, 2024

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

olaf dies in frozen 2

Seluin
Jan 4, 2004

What is it that got you all subscribed to the Short Rest?

for me, it was when Hardwon and Ol Cobb both went down on the airship. I neeeeeded catharsis and hearing them gush about it

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer
I'm going through all the old 8-bit Book Club episodes (more talk about cum than you might expect from a videogame book club podcast) and in one of the Warcraft book episodes, Emily says that she believes nobody actually likes brownies because they are always dry and what people actually like is brownies in sundaes. Which is just pure unbridled madness.

Also, in one of the Myst episodes Caldwell says, "Well, Elon Musk doesn't seem like that much of an rear end in a top hat." A very grim laugh there at how quickly reality proved him wrong.

The four episode saga of them repeatedly failing to complete one specific Sonic the Hedgehog game book is a delight. So is Murph's outrage when Caldwell and Emily decide that neither Sonic nor Tails will have good speed, trapping them in a literally impossible-to-escape loop of failure.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Calexio posted:

I'm going through all the old 8-bit Book Club episodes (more talk about cum than you might expect from a videogame book club podcast) and in one of the Warcraft book episodes, Emily says that she believes nobody actually likes brownies because they are always dry and what people actually like is brownies in sundaes. Which is just pure unbridled madness.

Also, in one of the Myst episodes Caldwell says, "Well, Elon Musk doesn't seem like that much of an rear end in a top hat." A very grim laugh there at how quickly reality proved him wrong.

The four episode saga of them repeatedly failing to complete one specific Sonic the Hedgehog game book is a delight. So is Murph's outrage when Caldwell and Emily decide that neither Sonic nor Tails will have good speed, trapping them in a literally impossible-to-escape loop of failure.

Murph always gets stuck playing the heel (which tbf he does seem to like) and having to get mad at everyone else for loving around and not advancing the book, I’m glad he gets to play the opposite role for this one.

I thought the guest was pretty funny too, hope he comes back some day

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

I thought the guest was pretty funny too, hope he comes back some day

I'm just hoping whatever technical and quality control issues they keep facing when he's around get resolved so we can actually hear one of his episodes

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

naddpod (d&d court) live last night was a delight, i got to high-five murph in jersey solidarity after the show

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I’m in the middle of the Frostwind chapter, and this might be my favorite arc so far. I’m only at their meeting with Jaina in the pub so far. But so far, between the story and the goofs (Operation: Nastylad and pretty much everything with the bad dwarf kids was screamingly funny), they’ve been knocking this one out of the park.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Calexio posted:

Those Sonic books are absolutely brutal - I've got the second one, Zone Rangers, and reading it to my kids we eventually started fudging rolls and just going back a passage when we got a game over as there's no ideal stats spread. Put high points in speed and strength and suddenly you need to beat three coolness rolls in a row.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Calexio posted:

The eight bit book club episodes are kind of like the short rest when it really goes off the rails, but it’s the entire podcast. It’s great.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I didn't think it could get any dumber than Olaf fanfic but somehow the short rest still does it

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

i hope naddpod is getting royalties from this https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-woman-in-the-wall/

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
It’s a tribute to Murph’s ability as a performer and a DM that, in the span of one episode, I went from finding Bastion disgusting to finding him pathetic and feeling sorry for him.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

With all the recent news about Boeing planes being grounded did…did this dumb podcast actually predict the Boeing conspiracy?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

No

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can’t remember the last time anything made me laugh as hard as Hardwon trying to distract the Chosen with milk. Holy poo poo was that funny.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

TL posted:

I can’t remember the last time anything made me laugh as hard as Hardwon trying to distract the Chosen with milk. Holy poo poo was that funny.

There's a moment in.. I think it's in the late 30s for campaign one that is the hardest I think I've ever laughed at a podcast

Can't wait for you to get there :allears:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Weird Pumpkin posted:

There's a moment in.. I think it's in the late 30s for campaign one that is the hardest I think I've ever laughed at a podcast

Can't wait for you to get there :allears:

i think they're well past the 30s at this point

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

kidcoelacanth posted:

i think they're well past the 30s at this point

This is in the 50s, I’m blanking on what moment you’re referring to.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Chicken?

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Brothers! Thiala has blessed us! This cask is full of milk!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

The chicken fight chase? That was great too. Otherwise I’m totally blanking.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

TL posted:

The chicken fight chase? That was great too. Otherwise I’m totally blanking.

Whoops my bad :v: it's actually episode 55. I coulda swore it was earlier than that

Specifically the portion with the witch and the chicken incident

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I’m literally on episode 54 right now, I’ll probably know the exact reference in a day or so!

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Any nominations for a new thread title? I’ve been listening for a good 2024 replacement but it feels like the gang is working out their messaging still and I don’t want to leave this outdated 2023 title up too much longer

Right now my #1 is NADDPOD: Olaf Dies in Frozen 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

naddpod: we're 34 years old