Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Hmm, a live show. TAZ hasn't exactly inspired me when it comes to live shows. Hope it's good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Okay, the live show was very funny.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The only downside The Band of Boobs has over Tres Horny Boys is their ad section is an hour long. But, thankfully, it's all at the end.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

ArchRanger posted:

I feel guilty skipping over it because there's often some good jokes in there but ehhhh.

There are some solid jokes in there, but it's the same ones every week pretty much.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Caldwell/Beverly has a youtube channel called Drawfee that is also pretty fun, if you're looking for more content (arr).

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Balnor being a Janissary would make me happy.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Balnor being inspired to confidence because Moonshine was dying was pretty funny.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I don't think my heart could take it Balnor died...

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

For a whole episode of basically "people falling down" that was pretty entertaining.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I wonder if Troll Kingdom is going to kick them in the rear end later.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Steampunk Balnor is pretty cute.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Balnor...

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I love Brian Murphy's definition of religious person is "aggressively boring white person".

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm ashamed to admit back in high school I dated a guy a lot like the Death Lance wielder. Made the episode all the more funny, though.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

There's some pretty good fanart out there, but yeah not nearly as much as say The Adventure Zone. "Not Another D&D Podcast" is a really bad name, I'm convinced that is limiting their success.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That was such a good episode. Galad Rosell being king of the undead and holding ghost mom hostage is so disgusting.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

While a mist vampire playing at being a doppelganger was a lot of fun, I'm not sure what exactly they were trying to accomplish.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Solving the "Hardwon can be controlled by his mistress" thing is certainly a problem that needs to be solved, but after that, what's the big deal if he's a vampire from now on? I think that's kinda neat! He can be a chill vampire, like Regis from The Witcher! But funny!

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Oh, I didn't know the game went full on Every Vampire Cliche. Okay, that's pretty annoying. But like, I mean. It's all make believe. Just ignore that part.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

RIP Javelin but pronounced silly.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

What a delightful episode! I've always enjoyed Kid Cudi, I'm so glad he is inexplicably a NADPOD staple.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I hope Flying Sword comes back in their hour of need.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Everyone completely shutting down Hardwon's slam poetry was so funny.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That was really cute.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Jake is himbo king.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm looking forward to the Twitch stream! I hope I actually remember to show up, I'm so bad at watching streams for some reason.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Alonis and Balnor...

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm glad I watched that live. The various glitches were annoying, but whatever, it happens. It was fun to chant ONE BIG CHAT with 10,000 other people.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

tsob posted:

The most amazing thing about that letter was Murph reading "whenever you see a shooting star, I'll be there, because it might be one of my shits floating through space". Which was both hilarious, and touching despite how dumb it is.

It's a perfect encapsulation of the show. Making the absurd touching. Completely blows The Adventure Zone out of the water, quite frankly.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ainsley McTree posted:

I bet murph pulled some punches to give him at least a little bit of plot armor at some point; i feel like I remember them saying around the time he was born that because he's just some slightly underleveled fighter, the odds of him surviving for very long weren't good.

I'm sure part of it is also him beating up himself seems silly. Gotta beat up the players! Oh and that one time he completely forgot to include Balnor.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Just shy of four hours. Wow.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I was just about to ask if Trinyvale is worth listening to. I gave the first episode a shot, but found it confusing to keep track of with the "main" show and stopped.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm on Episode 5 and it's kinda fun, feels really disjointed though.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Been listening to the new campaign finally. It's really funny.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Yeah, I like how much Emily and Siobhan fun clearly have together one upping the absurdity of Crick culture.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Plan Z posted:

I think I really like this balance of how they handle combat versus story. Murph's combat seems challenging with cool gimmicks without getting too into guaranteed-wins like TAZ Balance or some of Critical Role's sloggier encounters. If I could pick a DM from any of that podcasts I've listened to that I'd like to actually personally play for, I think it'd be Murph.

I think the combination of Emily being very good at D&D, Jake being very bad (well, new) at D&D, and Caldwell being very goofy at D&D in addition to Murph's rolls-with-silliness-but-demands-consequence style of DMing is the perfect balance for making D&D actually enjoyable to listen to.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Hmm... not sure how I feel about this news. Dark is not a tone I generally enjoy.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The setting seems a little generic, but those are some excellent characters.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

That was a pretty funny first episode, if a bit chaotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

I thought Zac said the horse's name was "Carfax" and that was funnier than the actual name so I'm a DM now

And these are my horses: Carfax, CouponBug, The General,