Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Yeah this is my favorite podcast right now for sure. All of the characters are hilarious and it's actually a well run game of dnd in spite of it. The new guest character is great too, hoping she sticks around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Not Operator posted:

Hey, throwing this out there, Short Rest is fully worth the $5/m.

Agreed. I kind of regret the 5 bucks I give max fun for TAZ, but not this show.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Farg posted:

oh my god the loving witch puzzle

This episode is one of my favorites all time.

Chicken.

Edit: and the short rest is just as good, god drat

Jeremor fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 21, 2019

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Same, I can't remember exactly which moment made me give the first $5/month. But I can tell you what made me bump up to $10/month, and that was them mentioning a heated debate about whether you would wish for 1 million dollars or 1 billion grills in one of their Mixed Bag Of Holding episodes. It has been very worth it so far.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Inzombiac posted:

Is the mixed bag only on the Patreon page or can I get them elsewhere?

For me, the mixed bags all unlocked from the same RSS feed I was already using for the Short Rests as soon as I went from $5 to $10. I only listen through the podcast app on my phone so I'm not sure if that answers your question or not.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

My love of this podcast led me to try out Fantasy High. They have 8 free episodes up on YouTube, and it has a lot of antics similar to the band of boobs. It probably leans more silly than anything, but the DM is excellent and it has Emily and Murph playing characters.

I just now finished the first 8 episodes and now I'm contemplating a dropout.tv subscription to listen to more. Has anyone else made the dive?

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

#WhereWasBalnor

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I thought this whole fungal badass pawpaw was essentially a rp'd version of him being awakened now? I was under the impression that Emily changed her mind on it after the deadeye fight

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I've also listened to the entire backlog of 8 Bit Book Club now, and it's just as great as NADDPOD in many ways. Highly recommended.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

RC Cola posted:

What is 8bit book club

https://headgum.com/8-bit-book-club

It's the podcast that preceded NADDPOD, with Emily and Murph and Caldwell reading terrible video game fiction. It spawned a few of the jokes they still make now.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I wish Zac was a permanent part of the boobs. He played off of everybody really well, and the party really benefited from having an arcane caster around too.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

That was loving amazing.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

The latest trinyvale is absolutely nuts, and it's fantastic. Highly recommend.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

This is ridiculous

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Olaf dies in frozen 2

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I loved every second of whatever the bonfreres did, so to each their own. The short rest is pretty interesting too with how much they just skipped or ignored. Emily did a good job keeping it sort of on the rails without detracting from the goofs.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Yeah having Caldwell on board for the art is like half the way to being a good little indie game already. The rest they can easily do well enough to be fun for fans, with just a little help.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

If yall aren't getting the bonus cases for the d&d court episodes, you missed an all timer.

At a little place called... Mangia's

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I am always bewildered any time Emily mentions being in controversy. She's basically the gold standard of DnD player, in my book, both in a gameplay way and in an entertaining podcaster capacity. It's wild. Some people can't be happy I guess.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Naddpod is so good in part because it isn't a bunch of dnd nerds trying to make entertaining radio, and it's not a bunch of improv people playing a game they've never played before. Emily and Murph have played a ton of dnd, and they happen to be great entertainers. They know what is fun about it, and they know what kind of drags about it. It's very smartly trimmed for podcast format. They're also perfect guides for somebody like Jake that never played before and just wanted to make a cool big hot guy.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

"I think elephants are capable of greater empathy, and therefore would give me a more merciful death."

Little long for a thread title?

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

8 bit book club is great. Best intro song too

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

8 bit book club was the best and their cyoa eps are also the best

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I think you also feel a lot of that in the things Brennan Lee mulligan dm's. Not actively fighting against the system because you think it's dumb, but using its structure to create something funnier and more grounded. Both murph and Brennan have a ton of experience dming off camera, so they know how to do this very well. Emily as a player is also probably the biggest asset to both naddpod and dimension 20, a master at staying within the rules but still doing something insanely cool.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Murph is really bringing it with the imagery and mechanics of these boss battles.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

yeah twilight sanctorum rules. It's almost unfair how good Emily is at all aspects of DnD.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

They don't miss, what can you say

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

I will never forget some of the jokes from the mixed bags, they're amazingly good times

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Democratic Pirate posted:

I just got to the Frostwind episodes of C1 and think I might need to sign up for the short rests to see the reactions to The Princess and The Bastard.

Immensely enjoying how these dwarves escalate yet nullify goof attempts from the party.

No joke I don't think there's a better value for entertainment. About every short rest is wild

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Yall this a really great podcast

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

gently caress yeah and i start my shift tonight. Perfect timing.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

That was excellent improv all around. They're ridiculously good at responding to each other's ideas.

Personally curious when Jake might get up the courage to try dming himself, he's come a really long way since the first episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

TL posted:

I’m into the Bahumia 2-parter that Jasper William Cartwright DMed, and Murph playing Balnor as being totally over Hardwon’s poo poo is so funny.

gently caress you just reminded me of the Balnor aftershow where Hardwon was doing inappropriate product sponsorships. What the hell was it called? I need to relisten now