Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I spent basically all of August and most of September listening to campaign 1 (and most of the short rests) and folks;;;;

this podcast is good as hell. Just caught up with Hot Boy Summer and now on to Trinyvale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There's stuff I want to check out on Dropout but I'm worried it'll just disappear at some point because of CH dying so idk

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Murph can certainly TRY to go full grimdark but there's not a chance in hell the rest of them let him by sheer force of Dumb Character Will

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Good luck to Emily for committing to that accent for a whole-rear end campaign

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Gaius Marius posted:

I'm not gonna lie. They were making it seem like jakes lad was a miserable dude but he kinda seems like he's got it made with the baron.

It seems like the core of his character is an absolute refusal to be happy so I don't think Henry is taking his living situation all that well

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tsob posted:

Which group in NaddPod are the "first mates" a reference to? Is it the group in Caldwell's campaign? The recent Patreon posts asked people to submit questions about the "First Mates/Choo Crew/Band of Boobs", and I can't think of who the First Mates are. Maybe they're the crew in Hot Boy Summer, but surely then it'd be Bon Freres?

This current campaign, I believe. I don't think they've really settled on one yet.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Farg posted:

the third mates is clearly the best option. it also has synergy with two crew.

:yeah:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I agree that Sprital talking is a bit much but these episodes have been great and it's awesome to have Caldwell back. I've not noticed any dip in quality at all.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

If you've never listened to the D&D Court episodes, the one they dropped today has an absolutely legendary follow-up to last month's.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I don't have anything particularly deep to say about it but Eldermourne continues to be excellent imo

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Fia is such a goddamn funny character. The Lemonade spit-take was incredible.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the short rest was amazing this week (it usually is, but this time moreso)

stay still, space cadet. we're going to heaven

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

They’re recording in person again and the already high quality of Short Rest instantly skyrockets

gonna just go ahead and second this, good lord

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i hate to be negative about this show, but something's been bugging me a lot lately and i have to bring it up

the short rest should be like twice as long it's so good and i want more of it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm glad their patreon is doing as well as it is, it's nice to have so much stuff to listen to every week. I've subbed to a few other d&d podcasts too, and the usual cadence seems to be an episode every 2 weeks with a commentary episode on the off-weeks, so I'm impressed at the naddpod crew's productivity. Being able to quit their day jobs is obviously a boon there I imagine

isn't it just murph that works on it full-time? afaik caldwell's still working on big city greens at least

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

zirk is spelled with an i and i'm only being pedantic about it because the e is driving me insane

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i think it's been good as hell personally

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bunt

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

whomping of a lifetime

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bigby for character of the year

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

short rest just absurdly off the rails this week lmao

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

las faegas sounds so loving dope and i hope that makes it into the new campaign

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

emily's grinch sidebar on the short rest this week is completely unhinged

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this campaign is off to a hell of a start

i've had two big laughs already "that's the kkk i think" and "my therapist, jessica, kind of fuckin hate her"

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

here is a nice art

https://twitter.com/lightdomain/status/1494118026249379841

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

the gently caress are you on about

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The chase scene absolutely killed me this week. The small, medium, and large piles of clothes and Calder going "that's perfect, I'll aim for the medium one" was incredible.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Farg posted:

the party dynamic is becoming increasingly demented

as it should be

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I've always taken the title to mean the exasperating read of the phrase (i.e. oh god not another D&D podcast).

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i don't remember if it was a regular ep or a short rest but the phrase "a guy with a boner trying to kick a rat" has stuck with me for well over a month at this point

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

oh that rules

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

yea tbh it looks like kinda a meh Until Dawn style game but it seems to be advertised by a lot of people I like and has a cast of cool peeps so I hope they do well

pretty sure it's by the same people

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

short rest is completely loving unhinged this week

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I don’t know why I thought the dragon would be majestic.

Well, one of them was.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Jeremor posted:

If yall aren't getting the bonus cases for the d&d court episodes, you missed an all timer.

At a little place called... Mangia's

Emily's absolute refusal to elaborate was both hilarious and infuriating

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Today's pod is video style! Warning: The mixing sucks and you're gonna have to keep a hand on the volume knob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXAWFqs2BRg

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

caldwell's pretty short i think, if i'm recalling some drawfee goofs correctly

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

timp posted:

I always wait until Thursdays to listen to the Short Rest so I don't know exactly how they get on the topic of All Dogs Go To Heaven, but I absolutely love that you can pretty much assume they're citing it as precedent for some PC or NPC's afterlife journey in a home game

you're giving them way too much credit

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i'm currently re-listening to the entirety of campaign 1 + the short rests, which is my psychotic way of saying yes definitely listen to all of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

what lovely timing, they just put up new live shows in boston/philly/dc for january as a patreon pre-sale. jumped on that right quick