Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Lmao there sure we're some Lucky rolls in this one.

I wish I could persuade my DM to get over his aversion to podcasts. Three out of five regulars at the table have at least finished the Bahumia campaign and it occasionally shows in how we interact with each other or NPCs and while the DM rolls with the punches it feels like he'd have more fun if he had more inspiration to draw from than Crit Role and reddit.

Hopefully he'll check out whatever fresh madness Dimension 20 releases in May, I'm psyched as hell just to see Mercer potentially having to handle Emily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
With guest appearances by Jvlet and Rundown Johnny

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
I'm more surprised Tucker and Jill let Jake name the baby.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Emily at the CR table has been a dream of mine for a while, but not having Sam, Ashley or Laura there is a missed opportunity for chaos.

Still super excited!

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
I was listening to the WWE CYA episode on my way to work this morning and had to pause the podcast because I was choking back laughter and getting weird looks from the other passengers.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
"i spent 33 years and 364 days inside an egg and today is my birthday"

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Revisiting Rotating Heroes since it was advertised at the end of last episode. The first party of players is Siobhan, Trapp and Emily and they're all hilarious. I might have to throw some money at the podcast this time around to get access to the backlog.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Brothers! Thiala has blessed us! This cask is full of milk!

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
My biggest gripe with Dungeons and Daddies isn't really that they throw out the rules most of the time, but that when they do stick to them none of them (including Anthony) have bothered learning them.

Players have no idea what their spells and abilities do, so you get stuff like Beth fireballing the party or Freddy casting darkness over a dying teammate so no one can heal them.

I love the podcast but I'm not sure if dnd is the right platform for them.

Also, to contribute more than just whining I started listening to Rotating Heroes where Zac Oyama is the DM and the party changes from arc to arc. Still only on the first arc but the party is Emily Axford, Mike Trapp and Siobhan Thompson playing teenagers and it is pretty funny so far.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Like others have said Trinyvale takes a little while to get going but once Emily, Murph and Jake settle into their characters and start enabling each other's bullshit it is absolutely hilarious.

The Trinyvale X Bahumia episodes (Caldwell DMs the first arc of campaign 1 with Jens, Nyack and Onyx) had me in absolute loving stitches, the Triplets are just the absolute worst people.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice

Xand_Man posted:

Caldwell is unacceptably hot for a goofy art nerd

He has no business radiating that much Just A Lil' Guy energy.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
I don't remember that, what was the context?

E: no wonder I don't remember it, that's the "brothers, Thiala has blessed us with milk" episode

Government Handjob fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice

Law Cheetah posted:

i can't follow any kind of actual play pod at all

It's a Krissy thing, you wouldn't understand