Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Tenik posted:

I just tried to write an effort post explaining the plot of trinyvale, but I realized that I didn't understand anything by the time I reached the second sentence. It's a very fun adventure, but it's 100% character and goof focused.

It was seriously maguffin hunt, gods crash in, maguffin hunt, kill god

Still enjoyed it

Do it ironically posted:

Basically if Caldwell had people who didn't know what they were doing Trinyvale would just be graduation

Is anybody else finding Graduation boring? It's dragging for me at least, even with 1 hour episodes every two weeks. Yet I'm always eager for 2+ hours a week of these goofs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I only went back and listened to 8-bit Book Club earlier this year, and having had Zone Rangers as a kid their inability to beat MCM was both hilarious and tragic.

Having this two shot be that book D&D-ified was absolutely amazing

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

D&D Court is always a highlight when it hits my feed, clearly I need to get on the Patreon for more

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

If it makes the thread feel any better I saw them the night before the Perth show (in Adelaide) and the Triplets were trying to get a license of destiny so they could drive to the Friends Festival. Very funny stuff.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Live reaction from latest episode: :woop: :woop: :woop:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Calexio posted:

The four episode saga of them repeatedly failing to complete one specific Sonic the Hedgehog game book is a delight. So is Murph's outrage when Caldwell and Emily decide that neither Sonic nor Tails will have good speed, trapping them in a literally impossible-to-escape loop of failure.

Those Sonic books are absolutely brutal - I've got the second one, Zone Rangers, and reading it to my kids we eventually started fudging rolls and just going back a passage when we got a game over as there's no ideal stats spread. Put high points in speed and strength and suddenly you need to beat three coolness rolls in a row.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Awkward Davies posted:

But also different strokes and all that.

It's clear that Murph and Emily love D&D and that shines through, making it way more enjoyable

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Farg posted:

So like gaowin is the one who got taken and swag only thought it was the other brother because alexandrite figured out swag was leaking info to the party and deliberating misled him right

Ooh, that's a good theory. I was wondering what the outcome would be.

But didn't Emily's spell attack gaowin back when he stabbed Calder which would have triggered the replicant?

Feels like if they'd just gotten one of those nat 20s on perception on an insight check instead we'd know more :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jeremor posted:

Yall this a really great podcast