Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I just started this show a couple weeks ago, and man, I’m obsessed with it. I’m up to Smuggler’s Bounty, and Hardwon just completely cracked me up when Moonshine was desperately trying to get someone to go with her and the Tieflings.

“I don’t know that I want my first time to be…I MEAN!”

This show is so drat funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Moonshine polymorphing the knightmare into a dolphin floored me. It somehow made total sense and, at the same time, was the funniest possible option.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Holy god, the pre-wedding party! What a great loving show!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I’m in the middle of the Frostwind chapter, and this might be my favorite arc so far. I’m only at their meeting with Jaina in the pub so far. But so far, between the story and the goofs (Operation: Nastylad and pretty much everything with the bad dwarf kids was screamingly funny), they’ve been knocking this one out of the park.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
It’s a tribute to Murph’s ability as a performer and a DM that, in the span of one episode, I went from finding Bastion disgusting to finding him pathetic and feeling sorry for him.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can’t remember the last time anything made me laugh as hard as Hardwon trying to distract the Chosen with milk. Holy poo poo was that funny.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

kidcoelacanth posted:

i think they're well past the 30s at this point

This is in the 50s, I’m blanking on what moment you’re referring to.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

The chicken fight chase? That was great too. Otherwise I’m totally blanking.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I’m literally on episode 54 right now, I’ll probably know the exact reference in a day or so!

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I did get to the “Chicken?” thing and holy hell did I ever laugh.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also, I just got to Bev’s pseudo-date at the Owlbear cave. Caldwell is excellent at playing a confused, hormonal teenager.

And I love the idea of Bev Sr. and Balnor staying up all night slamming Bud Heavys.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I know “Brennan Lee Mulligan is great at D&D” is not exactly a surprise, but Deadeye rules. He fits in so well with the boobs.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
The sound I made tonight when I listened to Galad kick Paw Paw. I was legitimately angry. Kudos to Jake, though, he was great in the scenes with Hardwon’s mom.

“You’ve still got a lot to teach me. I’m dumb as hell.”

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I loved the Balance arc of TAZ and I can’t see myself going back to it. NADDPOD kind of blew it out of the water in my view.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I’ve just started Fantasy High and I’m enjoying it a lot so far. I just got through the battle with the corn cuties.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I feel like Bev has definitely leaned more into reliably smiting for damage. He was a death dealing machine in the last fight in Shadowfell. And Caldwell is absolutely great at playing a teenager. The scene with him and Erlin when they reunited in Hillhome was extremely well done.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I am in love with the idea of drunken Crick elves treating the most as a lazy river. That concept alone sold me on Mavrus. He’s awesome.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I’m listening to the Boobs fighting the biker devils in hell, and I’m mentally picturing then in battle against a bunch of Big Daddy Roth drawings, it’s so sick. 69 rock and roll smoke drugs.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I had never heard the term “Bud Heavy” before and now I will always use it when ordered a Bud.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Oh man, Emily’s trick with Josh and the Soul Coins was brilliant.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

El Padrino posted:

Isn't it just because the more known of the Budweiser beers is the "Bud Light" so a regular beer would be a "Bud Heavy" ain't it

That’s why, from what I’ve seen online it’s a Midwestern thing.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I don’t think anything has come close to making me laugh as hard as the stuff with Hardwon and the milk, but for some reason, Moonshine’s conversation with Pendergreens as she’s hurtling into the eighth circle of hell was almost at that level for me.

“Do you watch Jeff Ross’ Roast Battle? Man, Ross goes IN on those dudes!”

Pretty much every Pendergreens appearance gets a good laugh out of me, actually.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can’t believe Balnor cut Akarot’s rear end off with the Sphere of Anal-Hilation.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wasn’t expecting Emily talking to an imaginary possum and then Pendergreens in hell to make me feel feelings but here we are.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Having done improv for the last fifteen years, Ol’ Cobb having an emotional conversation with Moonshine and then inviting her to an improv show was one of the absolute highlights of the entire show.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Bip Roberts posted:

Is pawpaw imaginary?

He’s real and he’s my attorney.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hardwon’s late-stage emergence as a beat poet is one of the more surprising aspects of the campaign so far, but I’ll allow it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I’m up to episode 98, and I’m blown away by Emily’s quick thinking: Dispel Magic on the Allcaster at 7th level, with an 8th level Counterspell prepared if she screws up, and then another attempt at Dispel Magic. So dope. I’m excited to be this close to the finale, but man I’m going to miss what a ride this has been the first time through.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
There’s an exchange in episode 99, when the Boobs are looking at Hardwon’s nude artwork that Cordone Blue has framed, this struck me as so perfectly representative of Bev’s and Moonshine’s characters that I had to take note of it:

Bev: The crosshatching is incredible!
Moonshine: I like the underboob.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I just finished the first campaign, and I adored it…and then that One Big Bed song played and I actually welled up a bit. What a nice ending.

I immediately started Trinyvale, and when Emily described her character as a Pastel Goth Warlock from the Moon, I was delighted to find she was back on her bullshit.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Enjoying the characters and goofs so far, but with Caldwell’s shaky DMing Trinvyvale is a real departure, at least early on.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I’m on episode 2 of Trinyvale now and Caldwell is much improved already, plus the voice he’s doing for Otto is killing me. If this campaign is just an excuse for Caldwell to do a ton of silly voices I’m on board.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Definitely enjoyed episode 2 of Trinyvale more, but I think I do prefer Murph’s method of DMing a bit more than Caldwell’s. I’m going to move on to Hot Boy Summer and then Eldermourne but keep Trinyvale as an occasional palate cleanser.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just thinking back on Bahumia. Did they ever address Akarot’s phylacteries? Weren’t they still floating around.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Really digging Eldermourne so far. The voice Murph was using for the ghost of Sebastian Fenrose may be the most hilariously irritating one I’ve heard him use so far.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I took the plunge and signed up for the Patreon. I wasn’t sure where to start with Short Rest, so I decided to just start where I was in the campaign (episode 7 of Eldermourne). If Short Rest is what I’ve heard so far (occasionally discussing the campaign but mostly just goofing around), then this was a bargain. I’m so enjoying it.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I went back to listen to the one-shot in Kongo Bongo Land, and it may have been the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. There were times what Murph was saying was so dumb, he couldn’t get it out without laughing.

10/10, no notes, will listen every Bananksgiving.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I was worried I’d miss Caldwell while he went on paternity leave, but Jabari is absolutely incredible. I was sold the moment the sorceress turned into ravens and flew off, and his first thought being “Jabari had done a good thing!”. Plus, Emily and Jake are doing a great job playing off of him. Really digging this arc

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
At first I thought Jabari was just getting worked up because he’s missed his friends and being in action, but nope, I think he’s just straight up bloodthirsty. I’ve enjoyed Lou in other things I’ve seen him in but he is absolutely killing it as Jabari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
I love how, no matter the campaign, if Murph’s NPC is from the north, they have a Russian accent.

gently caress you, I love you, eat a rat.