Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
In case you're vaugely interested in the look of the show (which is not what the show is about, so why would you), I've done a bunch of interviews on it in the last couple of days:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/bodyguard-finale-set-design

https://lectureinprogress.com/journal/bbc-bodyguard

I'm really glad the show is doing so well because it was *real* loving hard to make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Blimey, thanks guys. The whole art dept bled for this one, so, yunno.

Jerkface posted:

Insane work, this is def NOT one of the shows where you're looking at someone using "Doodle.com" to look up something and it just looks like a mess.

We actually had product placement to use Bing on this one, which is still fairly uncommon as the character using it tends to have to be beyond reproach, but our director for the first couple of eps was really anti using Bing because "no-one uses it". This gave us about a month to get the use cleared with Google, and our clearance co-ordinator had a lot of 2am email chains refining the sequence to get it approved. I'm genuinely amazed we got it. We didn't get everything, I did a fake wiki that was close to the line, but it worked for the quick cutaways.

Matinee posted:

I always enjoyed your insider talk in the Doctor Who threads, Echoplex, glad you're still doing good work.

Would you be at any liberty to share what was written in the kompromat files on the tablet? We only saw glimpses of a few words in the show and I was wondering if it was fully scripted out or if it was just lorem ipsum stuff.

There was like... zero lorem ipsum anywhere in the show. Everything, the powerpoints, the NAIBS reports, scene of crime books, evidence folders etc were all filled in authentically. We had a couple of Police advisors who would explain to us the rough contents of what each bit of paperwork would involve, and then the script editors would write out a large chunk of the text, leaving us to fill other bits in. Continuity editors also broke down the time of day / date of all the scenes and flashbacks so we had accurate info like that (also useful for the CCTV shots). So yeah, the Kompromat was real! Not sure I can really post it in any detail in case somehow it would relate to a second series. There's a crazy amount of 'close ups of pieces of paper' in this show - more than any I've ever done - so I didn't want to get caught with my pants down (see: 123 Fake Street that my assistant put in, that got a close up in DW)

Rocksicles posted:

You're a set designer?

Just graphic design for the sets these days. Set design / production design is too much stress and not enough freedom in TV.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Ha, thank you! Is just brown and water.

What bit did I gently caress up? (there were lots, so if you only noticed one, I'm happy)

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
I wondered if it was that.

That defintiely wasn't me, it was stuck on in post production (I think you can see how off the perspective is). I cringed when I saw that...

• Locked thread