Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

echoplex posted:

In case you're vaugely interested in the look of the show (which is not what the show is about, so why would you), I've done a bunch of interviews on it in the last couple of days:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/bodyguard-finale-set-design

https://lectureinprogress.com/journal/bbc-bodyguard

I'm really glad the show is doing so well because it was *real* loving hard to make.

I think that the look of the show was very probably the best part of it.

Well, next to the acting of some of the cast and the overall cinematography.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

When you do an awesome job no one notices.

The moment you get something only 98% right, it sticks out worse than a badly fitted wig.

I think there was only 1 moment in the entire series where your stuff didn't convince me utterly and that's probably better than anything else I have seen (even The Wire because they used a WinXP search dialogue for an FBI database).

Yes I am saying you did a better job than The Wire.

The technical advisor to the script should have been shot tho.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

drunkill posted:

I was very happy with google searches and wikipedia when I saw it.

When the google search came up, I was paying extra-special attention because those are usually hosed up.

In this case, I thought 'Blimey, that's a real search. How did they do that? They must have created that fake gov domain and then seeded results in order to get Google to display that result'

genuinely convinced even cynical me.

• Locked thread