Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Apple iPhone X[s] Max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
This is kinda impressive.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

What's going on wtf

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

If it has the same A12 Bionic and faceid array and camera as iPhone X[s] is the only difference just the screen?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

no pubes yet sorry posted:

Sum it up? Is there a new SE or not? Noone give a poo poo about a new goddawful 7+++++.

Industry news isn't even reporting it really and stock hasn't moved so...

No

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Durzel posted:

I'm not sure selling a Pride band is a strong sign that it "positions itself on the vanguard of social progressivism" any more than people changing their Facebook profile photo temporarily to have a rainbow backdrop are.

As you point out the fact it was removed for Russia shows the limitations of this solidarity begin and end with the financial bottom line.

I mean according to wikipedia (so caveat emptor) 74% of Russians said gays shouldn't be accepted in society in 2013, an increase from 60% in 2002. In 2007 68% of Russians said being gay was wrong. Crimes against gay people are not considered hate crimes. There was a lot of talk about being gay and the World Cup this year. In 2013 a federal law was passed outlawing gay "propaganda" which is probably defined as "anything I don't like." Considering Tim introduced the rainbow band/face in support of the LGBT community they probably count as propaganda.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is Apple was probably forced to remove it and if not it seems awfully dangerous to flagrantly advertise on your wrist that you're gay or support LGBT rights in a country that hates gays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

duck monster posted:

I am genuinely baffled at how the percentages and the size of the pie slices interact here.

edit: source https://medium.com/@AppInventiv/android-vs-ios-which-platform-is-more-secure-in-2018-33b3108270d

Its not the only baffling infographic on that page too

I’m not at all. I think we all tend to forget that we are not representative of the “average” or “normal” tech user. Remember that the average person has a “well it works so why do anything” mindset regarding OS updates which is why Microsoft does everything they can to shove Windows updates into computers now because they know the average person will never install updates otherwise.

• Locked thread