Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

T-Bone posted:

Ineligible Keeper List
Brad Marchand

gently caress

I guess I'll do (for Bone-Thugs-n-Girardi):

Scheifele: $56 -> $68
Giroux: $50 -> $60
Voracek: $23 -> $28
Gardiner: $2 -> $3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

fawning / aye doc I invited you to manage your teams

fawning it doesn't look like Genki is coming back so here's your team, Aye Doc your team should be in the PM

How do I see the cost of my players and the total cost cap for teams? I think I have some great keeper options...

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
If you go to last year's season and then 'Draft Results' it should show there. If anyone is not listed it means they were most likely a FA pickup (probably for $1 although a few players may have been added at a higher value).

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

If you go to last year's season and then 'Draft Results' it should show there. If anyone is not listed it means they were most likely a FA pickup (probably for $1 although a few players may have been added at a higher value).

And the total cap for teams to spend?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

And the total cap for teams to spend?

$500

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

My 4 keepers:

Boeser ($1 to $2)
Tarasenko ($103 to $124)
Subban ($93 to $111)
Wilson ($1 to $2)

Kinda interesting playing fantasy hockey where Tom Wilson is super valuable just on hits and PIM alone. These were tough choices though!

genki
Nov 12, 2003
Did I lose my HHL spot? It's not showing up as renewed for me (didn't get an email, not part of my current leagues)...

Oh wait, what's this poo poo:

T-Bone posted:

fawning / aye doc I invited you to manage your teams

fawning it doesn't look like Genki is coming back so here's your team, Aye Doc your team should be in the PM

I stopped checking this subforum for updates because no one posted about fantasy hockey and my other leagues re-upped weeks ago, and then within a few days I lose my team? Ugh.

edit: wait, this thread was made on the 12th? I have no idea how I missed it. Well anyhow, I'm still in and considering I finished second, I would like to keep my team, but I guess whatever you guys decide. I never got an email about the league renewal, at any rate. My other two yahoo leagues were fine.

edit again: oh apparently for this one league, my email was set to a different address that I don't check. wtf. welp.

genki fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Sep 25, 2018

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

genki posted:

Did I lose my HHL spot? It's not showing up as renewed for me (didn't get an email, not part of my current leagues)...

Oh wait, what's this poo poo:

I stopped checking this subforum for updates because no one posted about fantasy hockey and my other leagues re-upped weeks ago, and then within a few days I lose my team? Ugh.

edit: wait, this thread was made on the 12th? I have no idea how I missed it. Well anyhow, I'm still in and considering I finished second, I would like to keep my team, but I guess whatever you guys decide. I never got an email about the league renewal, at any rate. My other two yahoo leagues were fine.

edit again: oh apparently for this one league, my email was set to a different address that I don't check. wtf. welp.

I can get you this team back, and give Fawning a different team, we need another person anyway so that's perfect.

Lemme figure out how to transfer teams and give Fawning a new list of keepers to pick from. What's your preferred email ?

ok yeah so Genki lemme know your email and I'll transfer the team back to you (and let me know your keepers of course)

fawning here's your ACTUAL TEAM to pick from, I'll transfer it to your email:

annnd once aye doc accepts the invite we'll have an even 14 teams, good times

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 25, 2018

genki
Nov 12, 2003

T-Bone posted:

I can get you this team back, and give Fawning a different team, we need another person anyway so that's perfect.

Lemme figure out how to transfer teams and give Fawning a new list of keepers to pick from. What's your preferred email ?

ok yeah so Genki lemme know your email and I'll transfer the team back to you (and let me know your keepers of course)

annnd once aye doc accepts the invite we'll have an even 14 team, good times
Nice, thanks! Will review for keepers and pm you email addy.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

My 4 keepers:

Boeser ($1 to $2)
Tarasenko ($103 to $124)
Subban ($93 to $111)
Wilson ($1 to $2)

Kinda interesting playing fantasy hockey where Tom Wilson is super valuable just on hits and PIM alone. These were tough choices though!
Oh shoot, sorry fawning deference! I'm stealing my team back... I do like your picks, but I'm surprised you skipped wild bill. William Karlsson is almost certainly the most valuable keeper in the bunch, in terms of his unexpected performance. Though until I'm back in the league, I'm not positive how much I paid to pick him up. I forget if I actually put in a value or if it was just a $1 pickup...

I had totally forgotten that I picked up Tom Wilson. I was seriously considering keeping him, but I'm not sure now... feel like Washington's Cup hangover will be pretty brutal.

Will hold off posting updated keepers for this team until after I'm back in. Sorry again for all the confusion!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Wilson was like a top 25 player last year.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
edit: nm I see it

Aye Doc accept the invite you madman!

fawning I sent you the new invite, lemme know your new keepers when you get the chance

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 25, 2018

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I will do it later today

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

annnd once aye doc accepts the invite we'll have an even 14 teams, good times

So I am still on as Genki's team. Your invite didn't work because I am in the league already. I can't choose keepers without knowing the values of the players

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

So I am still on as Genki's team. Your invite didn't work because I am in the league already. I can't choose keepers without knowing the values of the players

Genki probably has to accept first, I'll reinvite after he does. You can see prices here: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nhl/2017/38176/draftresults

Ghost and Leon are ineligible.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

Genki probably has to accept first, I'll reinvite after he does. You can see prices here: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/archive/nhl/2017/38176/draftresults

Ghost and Leon are ineligible.

Ineligible? drat why? I'll post em in a second.

EDIT: Actually I wanna wait so I can review stats/ranks of players.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
They were on that roster for three seasons - league rules.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

OK. Another question - Rantanen is on the final roster for the team last year but not in my available keeper options?

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Anyway, my 4 keepers if Rantanen isn't an option:

Kessel ($71 to $85)
E Kane ($25 to $30)
Benn ($101 to $121)
Konecny ($2 to $3)

That's $239 on 4 players, average about $60 per player. Seems normal for a keeper league, yeah?

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
This is all from memory but Rantanen should be eligible as a keeper because I remember my friend (manager before he had to bow out this year) gloating about how he got him on waivers.

Edit: to your other question generally I go for good players I can get for less than market value (like Konecny, out of your choices) so I can splurge at the draft.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Sep 25, 2018

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Jamwad Hilder posted:

This is all from memory but Rantanen should be eligible as a keeper because I remember my friend (manager before he had to bow out this year) gloating about how he got him on waivers.

Edit: to your other question generally I go for good players I can get for less than market value (like Konecny, out of your choices) so I can splurge at the draft.

I thought of that too - I think Kessel/Kane/Konecny are all under market value and Benn is just consistently awesome so I figure it would be OK. But if Rantanen is available, replace Benn with Rantanen.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Anyone on the final roster is eligible (outside of the three seasons rule) so Rantanen works.

As for total costs that's probably a bit higher than average but not unreasonable if you're high on those guys (I kept McDavid for instance at a very high price).

I don't think Benn or Kessel would go for quite that high in the draft but that's in the ballpark.

The league in general has been trending towards spending big money on elite players, I'm not sure if that's the correct strategy or not. I think probably elite guys were undervalued for a while and now maybe they're cost appropriate or perhaps overvalued, I guess we'll see.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Sep 25, 2018

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

Anyone on the final roster is eligible (outside of the three seasons rule) so Rantanen works.

As for total costs that's probably a bit higher than average but not unreasonable if you're high on those guys (I kept McDavid for instance at a very high price).

I don't think Benn or Kessel would go for quite that high in the draft but that's in the ballpark.

The league in general has been trending towards spending big money on elite players, I'm not sure if that's the correct strategy or not. I think probably elite guys were undervalued for a while and now maybe they're cost appropriate or perhaps overvalued, I guess we'll see.

Interesting. Well, things are gonna change here with Rantanen involed. New keepers:

Kane ($25 to $30)
Rantanen ($1 to $2)
Konecny ($2 to $3)
Benn ($101 to $121)

genki
Nov 12, 2003

Interesting. Well, things are gonna change here with Rantanen involed. New keepers:

Kane ($25 to $30)
Rantanen ($1 to $2)
Konecny ($2 to $3)
Benn ($101 to $121)
Yeah, I'd recommend not spending TOO much on high impact players, because the price tends to fluctuate year-to-year, especially depending on the order of nominations. Keeping valuable players that are cheap gives you more budget options when constructing your team.

Also I finally accepted my invite, sorry for the delay, I'm in JST.

Keepers:
John Klingberg ($41 to $49)
Cam Talbot ($4 to $5)
Tom Wilson ($1 to $2)
William Karlsson ($1 to $2)

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

genki posted:

Yeah, I'd recommend not spending TOO much on high impact players, because the price tends to fluctuate year-to-year, especially depending on the order of nominations. Keeping valuable players that are cheap gives you more budget options when constructing your team.

Also I finally accepted my invite, sorry for the delay, I'm in JST.

Keepers:
John Klingberg ($41 to $49)
Cam Talbot ($4 to $5)
Tom Wilson ($1 to $2)
William Karlsson ($1 to $2)

Hmmm, I didn't think of value fluctuation either. That is a really good point. I'm already learning a bunch about these kinds of leagues. Again, this doesn't mean I don't know fantasy, I am just new to auction keeper hockey leagues entirely.

T-Bone, I will probably not have Benn for $121, that does seem too high. The second-tier players are all either too high or pretty lovely but I guess I will replace him with Lindell for $2.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Aye Doc accept the invite you madman!

okay FINE

i'll post my keepers tonight

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
ok cool, I think I have most peoples but I'll check tonight

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
My friend and I are having the same issue. We are trying to decide on who we want as our last keeper.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

so hey I don't have to keep 4 people right? your post said "up to 4"

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
that's correct. if you only have 2 or 3 guys you think are worth keeping, you can just keep those guys.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

that's correct. if you only have 2 or 3 guys you think are worth keeping, you can just keep those guys.

how does it work out once we get to the draft? I don't want to keep 4 dudes, but i might want to keep #4 if say the alternative is me getting an extra draft pick in like round 18.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
It's an auction draft. There aren't really any rounds per se, just who you put up for auction and the starting price.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Aye Doc posted:

how does it work out once we get to the draft? I don't want to keep 4 dudes, but i might want to keep #4 if say the alternative is me getting an extra draft pick in like round 18.

Jordan7hm posted:

It's an auction draft. There aren't really any rounds per se, just who you put up for auction and the starting price.

This. If you've never done an auction draft: when its your turn to pick you're actually just nominating a player for everyone to bid on (or not) until someone wins the auction. So not keeping a player doesn't mean you get an extra plug in the 18th round or whatever like a normal draft, it means you have some extra cash to bid on players throughout the entire process.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

thanks for the info, pals!

with all that covered, here's my keepers:
Roman Josi ($68 -> $81)
Pierre-Luc DuBois ($1 -> $2)
Brayden Point ($1 -> $2)

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Well inheriting the last place team and having meh keepers is a nice challenge for me. I am pumped.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

It's tough having three of your keepers become ineligible.

I am choosing

Granlund $2 -> $3
Reinhart $3 -> $4
Kuznetsov $67 -> $80
Quick $35 -> $42

I am not getting Kuz as a discount or anything, but I like him.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Keepers have been entered. Here's what we're looking at for costs predraft:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Am I crazy for taking Matthews over Kucherov in a pool that only counts points? I am unsure how much of my hometown bias is coming out.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Only points as in goals + assists or is there a weighted point scoring system? I don’t think it’s crazy but I think the smart money is Kucherov will score more points, while a healthy Matthews will likely score more goals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Goals and assists count the same.

You are right. Smart money is on Kucherov. He's coming off two incredible seasons, and a 100-point season, even for someone like Matthews, is a difficult feat in the modern NHL. I think Matthews will take the next step this season (hell, he was a PPG player last year in 62 games), but will it be enough to beat Kucherov? The fact that I asked this question means that I am not convinced.

This is a league where you pick one player out of five, and have to keep them for the entire season.

edit:

I am also trying to decide between Laine/Tavares/Stamkos/Tarasenko/Pastranak in the same league. I am leaning towards Stamkos, but I feel like I could pick any one of these guys and be happy.

Twin Cinema fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 29, 2018