Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Looks like you got the 2nd bye. And the 6th place team has a good roster so I could be in trouble.

w/r/t FA adds -- I believe you get him at a $1, yeah. Generally a player like that will get some FAAB attention but I guess people were sleeping, solid keeper for next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Yeeaaa, I not only mathed wrong, I also failed to notice that my opponent didn't meet goalie requirements. Glad I got the bye, I have quite a few players with only two games this week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Fffff losing Landeskog probably kills my shot at winning LSL

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
pastrnak is dead and my entire team stopped scoring goals which was literally the only thing I've been good at all season

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Hot Dog Police going down is a huge upset

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
battled coyle tough but was undone by impossibly strong goaltending

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

battled coyle tough but was undone by impossibly strong goaltending

Thanks Ben Bishop :thumbsup:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Lost in the first round in my money league but pulled off a big swing in LSL. My goaltending is still duct tape and prayers and Tarasenko’s probably missing two weeks so I’m likely boned anyway.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
in the semis in LSL/HHL and expecting to lose in both

quarters as the 4 seed in the LOL, also expecting to lose

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I am somehow the #1 seed in LOL but I get the feeling that a lot of people checked out.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I made my tank trade and largely checked out after I was getting decimated every week

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
lmao at every Quarter Finals round but one in LSL ending in an upset

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

waking up this morning to find out that the LSL playoffs don't re-seed sure was fun

Yaya posted:

lmao at every Quarter Finals round but one in LSL ending in an upset

To be totally fair, I think I lead the league in margin of victory, but whenever I lose, I lose like 5 different categories by 1 or 2 each and lose 3-10, so I should've probably been in that 3-5 standings band and not getting in on the last day of the season. So I'm not sure if mine really constitutes that great of an upset. HDP going down in rd 1 was the only one that really shocked me

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 11, 2019

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Just got interested by this, so I calculated the LSL standings were it a roto league, and just as I suspected, I've been spending the whole season getting jobbed:

code:
RK.  TEAM                  POINTS    H2H
1.   Hot Dog Police        179.5      1
2.   This Mortal Coyle     165        2
3.   Mr. Holland's Anus    159.5      6
4.   Anttifa               141        8
5.   Blake's Pickle Juice  140.5      7
6.   A Kinkaid Skeleton    139        5
7.   StreitFighter2Turbo   137        3
8.   Dartmouth Ferries     134.5      4
9.   Pronger Physics       134        9
10.  Chico and Marty       130        12
10.  Stepanwolf            130        11
12.  Svenchi Outside       119.5      10
13.  Finding Kimmo         102.5      13
14.  The Maple Leaves      81.5       16
15.  We got Dotchin here!  68         14
16.  S P A C E J A M 2     64.5       15
Looks Koopa over Ed was the only actual upset and, even though it was huge, it's really not as big of a gap as it looks. The playoff matchups by roto standings were actually 4 def. 1, 3 def. 7, 2 def. 5, and 6 def 8.

The playoff matchups if we were seeded by roto standings would've been me and T-Bone and I'm pretty sure I lose that handedly. Meanwhile, corn would've actually beaten Koopa 8-5, and both the top 2 seeds are still standing.

If you swap out T-Bone for Ed, the 4 best teams would actually be the ones still playing

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 11, 2019

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Gobias Ind. posted:

Thanks Ben Bishop :thumbsup:

you were up 8-7 yesterday morning and i had no way to make up those points. the tiebreaker would have gone your way also.

oh well, fun year and my draft kicked all sorts of rear end

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm probably the only team left with the goaltending to take him down and I am not at all confident with the Islanders starting to fade, Hart just coming back from injury, Rittich slowing somewhat in the second half, and Blackwood being on the Devils

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Just got interested by this, so I calculated the LSL standings were it a roto league, and just as I suspected, I've been spending the whole season getting jobbed:

code:
Looks Koopa over Ed was the only actual upset and, even though it was huge, it's really not as big of a gap as it looks. The playoff matchups by roto standings were actually 4 def. 1, 3 def. 7, 2 def. 5, and 6 def 8.

The playoff matchups if we were seeded by roto standings would've been me and T-Bone and I'm pretty sure I lose that handedly. Meanwhile, corn would've actually beaten Koopa 8-5, and both the top 2 seeds are still standing.

If you swap out T-Bone for Ed, the 4 best teams would actually be the ones still playing

Thanks for this, interesting stuff. It may seem weird but this random poo poo is why I love H2H

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Lmao my HHL team collapsed yesterday. Went into Sunday leading the quarterfinal matchup against Hull and Oates 8-5, ended up losing 9-4.

:negative:

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

code:

put some loving respect on the god drat spelling of my team name ya dingus. rude boy

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

code:

This is cool, thanks for the write up.

I'd feel really good about my chances if I didn't lose Landeskog but still feel like I've got a good shot winning it all. Goaltending has obviously carried me all year.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

There were 80 possible roto points for goaltending and you got 79 of them :stare:

The rest of the top-5:

Hot Dog Police: 67.5
Chico and Marty: 62
Mr. Holland's Anus: 60
Stepanwolf: 49.5

So there were three pretty good goaltending teams... then you.

I'm by far the best goaltending team left and I don't think I have a chance in hell. I think my best chance is to win saves and hope I can steal shutouts. Then If I can take 5 of the skater cats and there's no SHP, we would tie 7-7 and I should have the tiebreaker. I'm feeling like I'm gonna get swept in the goalie cats unless I have an incredible week and I'm already one foot in the bucket with neither Hart nor Lehner playing tonight

e: top 5 skater points

Hot Dog Police: 112
Dartmouth Ferries: 106.5
Anttifa: 103
Blake's Pickle Juice: 103
A Kinkaid Skeleton: 103

Aye Doc posted:

put some loving respect on the god drat spelling of my team name ya dingus. rude boy

no

Koopa Kid posted:

Thanks for this, interesting stuff. It may seem weird but this random poo poo is why I love H2H

I agree, but I wish there was a way to have a h2h season with a month or whatever long roto period among qualified teams in place of a playoff bracket

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 12, 2019

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

mentholmoose posted:

Lmao my HHL team collapsed yesterday. Went into Sunday leading the quarterfinal matchup against Hull and Oates 8-5, ended up losing 9-4.

:negative:

After Dubynk got his shutout I benched him for the rest of the week and dropped Mrazek to load up on blocks for the final day. Didn't think I'd get a bunch of those categories back, especially +/- after Aho's -5 stinker earlier in the week.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

A Brendan Lemieux Gordie Howe hat trick, just as I anticipated.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I hope those recent adds in HHL don’t mean you can use them as cheap keepers next season.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I added my guys for help in the playoffs this week, but I'm fine with changing that rule if everyone is OK for it (waiver wire not resetting keeper eligibility).

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Twin Cinema posted:

I hope those recent adds in HHL don’t mean you can use them as cheap keepers next season.

You can. It's important to pay attention to the waiver wire until the season ends because of that.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
My HHL reign of terror appears to be over because St. Louis couldn't beat Buffalo. Looks like I'm going to the finals in the LSL tho.

e: although maybe not if Subban gives up another goal

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Mar 18, 2019

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Unless Vegas blows it against Edmonton or I pull 7 hits out of Pacioretty it looks like my HHL matchup will be a tie (which I’m pretty sure I lose the tiebreaker). Also wild that the other semi looks like it’s gonna end in a tie too.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

MagicCube posted:

Unless Vegas blows it against Edmonton or I pull 7 hits out of Pacioretty it looks like my HHL matchup will be a tie (which I’m pretty sure I lose the tiebreaker). Also wild that the other semi looks like it’s gonna end in a tie too.

This has been a super tight matchup and I hate it.

e: Both semis potentially going to tiebreakers is wild, though.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Yessss I knocked out T-Bone in HHL. Happy to have pulled that one off.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

toe knee hand posted:

Yessss I knocked out T-Bone in HHL. Happy to have pulled that one off.

:argh:

My keepers are gonna suck next year too, it's time for me to begin my late Blackhawks phase.

I did manage to hold on in the LSL although I think my team is a big underdog in the finals. I'm in the semis in the LOL with another autodrafted team that I waiver wired it up with (and got insanely lucky to have Price/Lehner have these kinds of years).

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

T-Bone posted:

:argh:

My keepers are gonna suck next year too, it's time for me to begin my late Blackhawks phase.

I did manage to hold on in the LSL although I think my team is a big underdog in the finals. I'm in the semis in the LOL with another autodrafted team that I waiver wired it up with (and got insanely lucky to have Price/Lehner have these kinds of years).

Would be real nice if Ben Bishop plays this week.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Gobias Ind. posted:

Would be real nice if Ben Bishop plays this week.

This but Hischier

although maybe he shouldn't play because IRL the Devils need to keep losing as much as humanly possible.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

That LSL semifinal ended up being a lot closer than I thought it would be, even though I still lost pretty handedly. A bad week for goals and the SHP/SHO combo sunk me, otherwise I might've actually had a shot that I probably didn't really deserve

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Going into this offseason without a championship in HHL is gonna suck, I'm ineligible to keep Scheifele next year and he was easily my best non-goalie player.

Though the ridiculous deal I got drafting Mark Stone this season sort of makes up for it.

I'm thinking I'm gonna keep:

Mark Stone ($9 -> $11)
Timo Meier ($6 -> $8)
John Carlson ($23 -> $28)
Erik Karlsson ($61 -> $74) or Claude Giroux ($60 -> $72)

next season, though that's obviously due to change depending on things.

I don't think I want to talk about my shitass LSL and LOL teams right now. Thank god they're redraft leagues.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I'm ready for Yahoo to start counting goalie assists towards team totals. I want that Vasilevskiy SHP.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

I'm ready for Yahoo to start counting goalie assists towards team totals. I want that Vasilevskiy SHP.

with how they solved the Shohei Ohtani problem. you'll just have to roster Andrei Vasilevskiy (Util) at the cost of an actually useful player and make sure to start him over actual skaters in addition to starting the goalie Andrei, and you'll get those sweet double stats you wanted

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

I feel like goalies count enough towards winning as it is.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Vasilevskiy noooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Welp, the finals have not gone great for me.