Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Curse you probability!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

December 10, 1928

Reports from your shipping routes are that the situation remains poor. The confusion amongst your Oceanian suppliers has been very disruptive. However, there are promises something should show up in the coming days. Hard to say how much stock you should put in them.

Your casualties are minor this turn. Despite the partial blockade, the scavengers have managed to supply you with a decent number of workable machine guns.

TF6's commander has been promoted. He gained Hold, but he does not have access to it just yet. TF3 has Charge available, TF2's commander is still in the hospital.

You have a small fuel reserve, sufficient for sustained defence or a limited offensive.

Awfulians shell your retreating cavalry east of the Romano Road.

UPRA fires a brief harassing barrage at the eastern edge of your line. It's pretty much ineffective.

A much larger barrage against your tanks deals more damage and suppresses your units some - but it's not decisive.

Some shells also come over the lake.

Awfulian armour is pushing southward, threatening your engineers. There's also some Awfulian movements further north - you can't see any units, but terrain has changed hands. Something is moving southward.

Two fresh Awfulian units move up from the south and reestablish communications with the supply depot you cut off.

An UPRA division is pushing on the corner where your defensive line turns southward. There is some movement out of Awfulians, too, but they couldn't fully catch up to your force just yet.

Further north, it appears your artillery has woken up a sleeping beast. UPRA troops are now wheeling around the lake in force, while even more of them are approaching your line fast.

You have 48 hours to submit orders.

Replacements reports

Readiness reports

Clean images

Overview

Map

Tevery Best fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 20, 2019

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Combined clean images

I'm not going to heavily engage this turn its a terrible position for me and my tanks are battered by artillery. Everyone fall back for the capital it's last stand time.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Hey, Advanced Tactics Gold is on sale on Steam for a bit under ten dollars. If you feel like seeing how the game handles, that's a decent moment to grab it.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

TF 3 & 4 Orders

Final positions - if something cant make it to a designated hex feel free to swap them around, the important parts are the arty and tanks being in position the infantry is fairly interchangeable.

Romano requests

-Engineers head for this supply depo and blow it if possible, avoid the mega-tank unit.
-Rejigger production as much as possible to maximise output. We are raw limited but priority is tanks & MG's > cav > everything else but try not to waste production trying to build stuff with raw we don't have.
-Requesting 10th Cav move one hex NE (where 26th inf is) remaining under Romano direct command and be available to participate in an attack next turn.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Again no banners as this is for both group.
TF 5 and TF 6 orders

Everything is colourcoded, all the units have arrows and position on map where they are to be placed. in the east, I am following Saros line and request, so I am also saying that if the way I drew units would put them in desired position, I am leaving to Tevery to make the line as close as possible, except the 5th cavalry unit, which will go to designated position for planned attack next turn.
EDIT: Also prioritize TF 5 reinforcment.

TF 6 is following plan for trapping tank stack. If by any chance no other order is made that would support my units (ie. if my orders are last posted), my units are to fallback to the capital as much as they can. HQ of this task force will go to the capital either way.

Jesenjin fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Feb 21, 2019

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I don't think I have the movement for the 19th to make it all the way. Should get us a step ahead, minus a unit if the enemy feels frisky.

Cleaning up and moving toward the action here. 17th and 16th should move into the attacked hex if possible. A few extra losses were worth it last turn. Hopefully this is the final turn for these folks.

Going with the plan here. I would have preferred fooling with their supply lines and/or giving them a sacrificial infantry unit to chew on. But working together to trap and kill the enemy tanks is a much better force multiplier.

22nd should have their retreat orders set to 75%. We need this particular hex and my unit needs to get back into supply. I thought about swapping supply depot control, but Driblenx seems to be close enough to 1st HQ.

1st HQ and 2nd HQ reinforcement priority set to 0%. One or two troops more or less won't make much of a difference on my end.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

You move to cut off the dangerous Awfulian armoured force.

You slip out of the western expedition area.

15th Regiment goes north.

Your eastern line contracts once more.

Romano has authorised the use of 10th Cavalry in an operation next turn. However, it's a "use it or lose it" situation, if it does not attack, it's going over to TF1, where it should be. The engineers, meanwhile, are earmarked for something else - he won't tell you just what. You get the impression of growing mistrust.

Shelling the Awfulian armour unit turns out fairly lucky - you do bag a tank, and disrupt many others!

Their troops in the pocket, however, continue to endure. They are almost all gone, but not all.

I moved your forces in and even wanted to try and hit the pocket again, but you did not have enough AP.

End of turn overview

End of turn map

The turn now passes to the Separatists of Aw-Fulia.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

December 13, 1928

You took a lot of losses this turn! But there's a number of kills on that list, too...

Fuel reserves are growing.

The Awfulian armour has attacked your troops attempting to cut it off. They manage to bloody your units, but it seems a Pyrrhic victory at best - they lose three tank units in the process!

UPRA, meanwhile, appears content to just shell your forces - especially tanks - to varying degrees of success.

The Awfulians appear to be regrouping north of their high-water mark.

They rotate their units in this area.

It also seems they are hesitant to push your line in the south-east and are probing for flanks.

UPRA troops give chase. They are very close to the capital now...

Gentlemen! Our campaign is entering a decisive phase.

The enemy has pursued us this far into our land, but no further. They will die trying to take Driblenx.

All Task Forces, prepare for the final defence of the capital. I know they will give up soon... They are not warriors.

Moreover, there are a few decisions I need your input on.

FIRST: Our Oceanian friends have finally managed to fully circumvent the UPRA blockade. The question now is, what do we buy from them? Do we switch back to machine guns or do we continue receiving raw materials shipments?

SECOND: We have some raw materials in stock that we can use to either build more replacement tanks or to get engineers to start fortifying the eastern approaches to Driblenx. Do we go with tanks or forts?

Replacement reports

Readiness reports

Situation overview

Situation map

Clean images

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Consolidated image.

Well that's weird and annoying that they have refused to move into my line properly which is leaving me almost nowhere to counter-attack. I think I might almost be better off straightening the line so they are denied any 3 hexside attack opportunities rather than carrying out any doomed to fail counter attack this turn.

As for the decisions we should go with Tanks and Machineguns. Forts are almost useless to us here as they will simply go around or bombard them into dust - they have the numbers and a massive massive artillery advantage. Also i'm about to lose a lot of my tanks to AT guns.

Saros fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 18, 2019

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
My first instinct was forts, but then I remembered that we have a dedicated tank factory that is doing nothing for us without raw. For importing we definitely want machineguns to help us stand on the defensive.

Do we want to discuss switching over to armored car production?

Edit goes here: Armored cars have 5 vs. 8 fuel consumption on movement, oil has been a big bottleneck for tank usage. Slightly more survivable against enemy action. Just as good against infantry, almost as good against things that aren't tanks. Total rubbish against anything classed as a tank.

Also: Armored cars use up less raw than even our junk tanks, can't recall the exact amount.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 18, 2019

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

TF 3 & 4 Orders

Fall back as above - Red lines are bombardments. Jessejin if you can put your cav where your HQ is now we should have a decent line there. Dont forget the max distance for full HQ support is 3 hexes so outside of that combat effectiveness drops.

10th cav requested to hold for another turn - the UPRA did not come to us sufficiently to attack.

Voting for Raw and Machineguns as long as we can get the Raw spent on armored cars instead of our shitpile tanks. If not Tanks and Machineguns. Fuel isn't a big deal we wont be moving much but our tanks are very inefficient in raw per combat power terms.

Saros fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 18, 2019

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Starting with the easy stuff. 15th isn't going to make it all the way, but go as far as they can. 21st is trying to end up in the grassy hex right above Driblenx. Having three turns or so to entrench there will make a big difference.

Next is the complicated stuff. The 16th and 17th will go for another round of cleanup, moving into the hex if it is vacated. I am serious about this being the last turn for these stragglers: 2nd HQ will get their hands dirty and attack if anybody makes it to the hexes targeted in black.
Then everyone gets in position to attack the enemy's tank unit. 4th artillery followed by 24th infantry and 4th cav, almost overkill after last turn. I couldn't think of a legible way to draw these phase V contingency orders: If 24th has enough movement left over move back into the destroyed supply depot. If 4th has enough movement left over move one hex southeast.

The 23rd and 28th will end the turn at 75% retreat levels.

Some of the troops have heard about the plan to rename units, and more of them have sent in submissions. If anyone is wondering why it is taking so long to rename units it is because I was busy learning the meaning of suggested local terms like "White Donkey," or "Eggless Nest." Fortunately there have been a few actually suitable names, and they will be attached before the next serious round of fighting.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Okay, simple orders again.

TF 5 will retreat one hex to designated cyan squares. Exceptions are HQ, 40th infantry and 2nd Cavalry. Cavalry will retreat to orange square, 40th infantry will advance to the forested area and HQ will go to the hilly area to give maximum bonuses to evryone. If, by some chance, 40th infantry lacks movement points to get into the forest, then it will go as close as possible to the forest, and 2nd Cavalry will go to the forest to occupy that square.

TF 6 is a mixed bag. Hq will remain still. 12th infantry will continue east (blue). 13th infantry will go to the capital if able my movement point. otherwise it will go as close as possible (red). 11th infantry will go eastto desigante hex (other red).
EDIT: Slight change in orders of TF 6. 11th will not attack, and it will go east as reinforcement.

Jesenjin fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 23, 2019

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

TF2 HQ has to get its hand dirty, but you finally, finally manage to clean up the Awfulian pocket.

Your troops take positions to attack the Awfulian armour force, but 4th Cavalry does not have the AP for it, so the 24th just returns to the depot ruins.

Little effect on the artillery strike against Awfulian tanks.

This front falls silent once more.

You pull back to the Romano Road. 40th Infantry safely makes it to the southern forest.

Your lines reform here again. (The 26th is actually a hex south from where it is in the screenshot, I only noticed it after I was done with the screenshots and it has been fixed.)

6th and 7th's barrage against UPRA is greatly disappointing.

The outcomes are a lot better further south.

End of turn overview

End of turn map

The turn passes to the Separatists of Aw-Fulia.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Whoops.

Edit: To elaborate on this I did a tiny bit of independent testing after the fact, like a dummy. I formed 3 units with 15 cav, 5 machineguns, 2 standard tanks, and 5 horses. A quick ctrl f did not find cav 4 actually participating in any combats, so this should be the exact TOE.

Surprise 1: The tanks alone were sufficient to carry the machineguns. I had theorized that I had lost enough horses in an earlier engagement with the remnants of the enemy cav 4th to reduce ours to walking speed. This was wrong.
Surprise 2: The type of movement listed was tracked. The listed movement for a unit is generally that of the slowest unit, barring terrain interactions.
Surprise 3: The cav formation uniformly had 30 ap left after moving 1 hex through currently unoccupied desert and 1 hex of enemy claimed desert. This was not enough to attack the enemy, even if the machineguns were disbanded, nor if everything but the tanks were disbanded. It had enough to move one hex away into uncontested hexes. A formation of only light tanks moving into the hex claimed by the previous unit had 40 ap left over, enough to attack with.

I said in the discord before the turn "even infantry have trouble moving two hexes and attacking." Guess I should have thought about tanks too...

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Mar 28, 2019

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

habituallyred posted:

Whoops.

Edit: To elaborate on this I did a tiny bit of independent testing after the fact, like a dummy. I formed 3 units with 15 cav, 5 machineguns, 2 standard tanks, and 5 horses. A quick ctrl f did not find cav 4 actually participating in any combats, so this should be the exact TOE.

Surprise 1: The tanks alone were sufficient to carry the machineguns. I had theorized that I had lost enough horses in an earlier engagement with the remnants of the enemy cav 4th to reduce ours to walking speed. This was wrong.
Surprise 2: The type of movement listed was tracked. The listed movement for a unit is generally that of the slowest unit, barring terrain interactions.
Surprise 3: The cav formation uniformly had 30 ap left after moving 1 hex through currently unoccupied desert and 1 hex of enemy claimed desert. This was not enough to attack the enemy, even if the machineguns were disbanded, nor if everything but the tanks were disbanded. It had enough to move one hex away into uncontested hexes. A formation of only light tanks moving into the hex claimed by the previous unit had 40 ap left over, enough to attack with.

I said in the discord before the turn "even infantry have trouble moving two hexes and attacking." Guess I should have thought about tanks too...

I think what you have missed is that the game only checks for hex ownership changes when someone is moving or at the very start of a side's turn. In other words, until your turn began, the hexes around the enemy unit were still considered to be held by them, then the game checks to see if you have enough ZOC points to change control, then control changes. You never get to see it, but that hex was technically owned by the enemy at the start of the turn, so it exerts a +10 AP penalty for moving into it.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Yep. Complete misread of the situation.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

December 16, 1928

Cadets Mutiny in Perrycastle

PERRYCASTLE -- Recruits in the Cavalry Training Camp in Perrycastle have staged a sit-in in the barracks yesterday in protest of the continuing intervention in Awfulia. They refuse to be sent to "a pointless war with pointless goals," stating that "they signed up to fight imperialists and tyrannical oppressors - not free, poor people whose only fault is being too close when the Congress wants to make a point." So far, no violence has taken place, but attempts by officers to either return the mutinying cadets to proper discipline or negotiate an end to the protest have been fruitless. (...)

The barracks have been surrounded by troopers subordinate to the Perrycastle Land Delegature of State Security. The stand-off is still ongoing. (...)

The desert heat is becoming utterly unbearable. The summer is here, and the enemy is fortunate that it appears to be historically cold.

That still means temperatures in excess of 40 degrees Celsius virtually every day. They cannot sustain their operations for much longer.

NEW RULES

At the start of every UPRA turn, a six-sided die will be rolled to determine just how much worse the weather has gotten.

On a roll of 4 or more, every future roll on this table will receive a +1 modifier. This modifier stacks.
On a roll of 6 or more, the amount of AP UPRA can spend on movement that turn will decrease by 10. They can still fight with full AP, and the penalty is deducted from the max AP of 100 for my sanity. In other words, if this is rolled, they can still fight as normal, but can only move 90 AP. This only lasts until the end of the turn, but if this result is rolled again afterwards, they will be "docked" 10 additional AP (to a maximum of 40). This does not apply to Awfulian or Romano soldiers.
On a roll of 7 or more, we immediately move to 4-day turns.
On a roll of 8 or more, the scenario ends immediately.

If the scenario does not end prematurely for any other reason, it will end on 1 January 1929.

WEATHER ROLL: 4. All future rolls modified by +1.

Those are some painful casualties.

Your fuel reserve, while not too big, remains stable.

Long range reconnaissance patrols report a clash between Awfulian infantry and unknown mechanised forces moving southward. The descriptions of their uniforms and some recovered gear seem to indicate that the soldiers belong to the Holy Empire of Teutonia. What are they doing here?

On the eastern front, UPRA launches artillery strikes on the central section of your lines. This is a wide-front affair. Casualties are minor, but there is plenty of suppression and disorganisation.

Finally, UPRA forces bombard the western hinge of your line, near the lake.

The enemy throw themselves against your fortifications on the banks of the stream with great ferocity, but little coordination. The artillery support they are enjoying is helping them along as well, allowing them to rout two of your regiments, but they are having trouble gaining a beachhead across, and a brave action by your guerrillas convinces the forward elements to abandon what little foothold they've managed to gain, lest they be cut off from the rest of their forces. You hold.

Awfulians are probing south, looking to loop around your line. UPRA seems to be attempting to extend their frontage instead.

On their main front, they begin a ferocious march south. This is a determined advance, although you note no attempts to circumvent the lake from the west.

The big problem here is the lack of supplies. With the loss of several supply depots, you are now forced to draw supplies directly from the capital, and production is just not keeping up with demand, especially now that hostilities are picking up again. The engineers have moved a supply depot from the southwestern front - hopefully you won't need it there - and some production facilities have been ordered to get more rounds, rather than more guns, but it still only slows the bleeding. You'll need to make some hard choices, more stuff needs to go.

Do you import less machine guns or fuel and make space for supplies on what few ships arrive? Do you recruit fewer riflemen and send those men to work in factories and depots instead? Or do you do more salvaging at the cost of machine guns?

If you manage to save up some more supplies, the engineers can build another supply depot - this would be a big boon. But it would require that you take a turn or two and bite the bullet on producing more supplies than you are making now...

Awfulians in the northwest are pushing away from you. Scouts report that the supposed Teutonians are bearing south, towards your line.

Replacement reports

Situation overview

Situation map

Readiness reports

Clean images

You have 72 hours to submit your orders.

Tevery Best fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Apr 14, 2019

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
2 quick questions:
May I see the units that are actually in Romano's HQ?
How many supply points will it take to build the new depot?

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

habituallyred posted:

2 quick questions:
May I see the units that are actually in Romano's HQ?
How many supply points will it take to build the new depot?

2. 667. Those supplies must be in Romano's stocks.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

I wouldn't sweat the supply too much, my entire command is about to be annihilated which will help enormously!

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Thank you for supplying such sensitive information. An oversight in our supply documentation has come to my attention. Namely that the "required out" section does not include the amount of supplies that the HQ itself needs. This is not much of a problem for subordinate commands, but is quite the amount for the main HQ. This means that there is no one place in our files that sums up how many supplies we need each turn. If I assume Romano's HQ takes as many supplies as 3rd HQ I get a soccer pitch estimate of 3000 boxes.

Accordingly I would ask that all domestic production be turned toward canning food, producing spare parts, filling ammunition, etc. Altering shipments from overseas would just advertise our current problems and annoy our suppliers.

I would also ask our fellow commander, Jesenjin to transfer 700 boxes of supplies to Romano's HQ for the purpose of building a new supply depot.

Perhaps it is better for the men to fight and die now while their bellies are still full.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Trade fuel and infantry/cav for supply production. Send emmissaries to the new Teutonian forces asking their intentions.

:siren: I need more men on the line! Jessejin/habit please have orders for your guys around the capital to fill in any holes or undermanned hexes after my attacks.:siren: Habit pretty sure 21st will be desperately needed at the riverline.

Bombard/Attack as shown in the center then withdraw one hex SW (big arrows). Add units until there is a 200 stack pt attack if three hexsides are possible. 150 if only 2.

After attack withdraw one hex SW as shown. If it's not possible then all withdrawl's except 28th are cancelled.

If withdrawl happens then bombard as shown with 6/7 arty.

If no withdrawl have 6/7 arty bombard hex containing enemy's red 33rd infantry then attack with up to 150 stack points prioritising armor/cav units.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Preparing for a changing of the guard here. Idea is to eventually have just 2nd HQ and its forces here. Worst case scenario we'll already have defensive positions against the Teutons. Prepare an envoy to trade introductions and intentions with the Teutons if they clear a path through the Awfulians. I will also broadcast a hail on the radio, will update if it comes to anything. Reduce supply level to 50% for the following units: 16th, 17th, 18th infantry.

Moving 2nd HQ units back and adding insult to injury. One unit is going to be out of supply soon, but hey. Moving to threaten the enemy riverbank. I suspect Teutonia will be hurting for supplies so I also want to be close to the first supply depot I lost. It is not unreasonable to assume they want a supply depot near us, and I want to have an alternative to fighting over mine.
https://lpix.org/3429152/dcleanneasy.jpg

Edit: Almost forgot the most important order: Switch West Supply depot from 2nd HQ to 1st HQ.

Second Edit: Making a change to the second set of orders, see next post.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 16, 2019

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Habit can you get your artillery at least over to the main line, if the capital falls its all over and I desperately need support and have 21st fill in any weak point of the line. If an attack goes badly this turn they could quite possibly break through to sieze the capital before we next go if you don;t.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I would have liked to keep something that can contest tanks near the supply depot. But okay.

21st should try to end up in the same hex as the 29th. Everything else seems straightforward.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

The bigger issue is the riverside hex has basically no combat power but I can't withdraw it without cancelling all my attacks. 21st would be much better there. Arty is also terrible against tanks.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011

habituallyred posted:

I would have liked to keep something that can contest tanks near the supply depot. But okay.

21st should try to end up in the same hex as the 29th. Everything else seems straightforward.

Don't forget to move that HQ to where is needed.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Orders:

Forces in and near capital are to do as following:
13th Infantry move to designated area and reinforce.
6th HQ, remain in capital.
11th and 12th Infantry are to move last in the turn and they will have a goal to reinforce the black line in the area where there are going to be fewest of out own troops after Saros's attack. I reckon they will not be needed this turn, but they will be need in following turn. Also, they are to try to avoid stacking penalty, if possible.
3rd Cavalry will retreat a hex to the southwest.
6th Infantry will retreat a hex to the southwest.

40th Infantry will remain in the forest to stall attack to the port. They are a forlorn hope divison. Hopefully they will survive to the next turn.
5th Infantry will retreat a hex to the southwest.
37th Infantry will retreat a hex to the southwest.
2nd Cavalry will retreat a hex to the southwest.
5th HQ will move a hex to the south.

And lastly, 700 supplies should go from 6th HQ to Romano HQ with strick string attached that they are to be used for contruction of a new supply depot.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Ah. Gentlemen. I am glad you are civilized enough to send emissaries.

As I am sure you know, I am Generalmajor Bernard von Tomaton, in charge of the Teutonian force you see before you.

You will forgive me for not identifying it further.

I have been tasked with investigating whether or not your little insurrection is a legitimate concern - threat is too big a word - to the UPRA. In other words, whether or not you are...

Promising, in terms of potential support from us. We would not want our aid to go to waste.

We are still establishing potential lines of communication and supply, going through Awfulian forces - I believe you had to cross their lines south of us, hopefully we can pocket them and dispose of those troublesome fanatics...

In the meantime, it would be nice to see proof of your competence.

Any questions?

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
How are you finding the weather?

My main question is: Are you interested in a map? We have several exciting places for the army on the go to visit.

We have already pocketed and destroyed the Awfulian forces arrayed against us to the south, nearly to a man. There is little more we can prove to you when fielded against Awfulians, so I will be moving troops to the UPRA front.

As to how we are damaging UPRA the answer is simple. Every day their soldiers fight and die in our desert distills the survivors into an increasingly dangerous poison. When they are forced to retreat without victory UPRA will drink that poison. Whenever anyone even suggests future military action that poison will paralyze the whole country.

But for that we must win, and win without obvious support from a power that UPRA would think of as a peer. If the weather was not unseasonably chill UPRA's campaign would already be over. As it is our supply lines are strained by an unexpectedly long campaign.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Hmm. Yes. It did appear to me that Awfulian forces in my way were not as numerous as expected.

That would be consistent with you defeating large parts of them, yes.

And it appears our interests are perfectly aligned, then. We can afford you supplies, weaponry, and training for weapon crews.

We shall resume this conversation as soon as we have established shipping channels.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Additional troops approach the northern frontier, allowing you to confirm positions of further Awfulian forces - and a Teutonian unit as well.

Western forces march to support the final defence of your headquarters.

You continue to withdraw on the southern front, leaving the Romano Road exposed.

TF3 and TF4 commence an assault in the centre of the northeastern front. The first shots are, as usual, fired by artillery.

Suppressed and outnumbered, the enemy regiments fold. Your casualties are light - but 10th Cavalry loses four tanks in the engagement, which is a painful drop in its combat effectiveness.

Afterwards, you break off contact. Deciding a follow-up advance is too risky, you opt for a minor retreat.

Engineers construct a new supply depot near the capital.

Your artillery disrupts UPRA forces. This might give them pause before they assault you again.

End of turn overview

End of turn map

The turn now passes to the Separatists of Aw-Fulia.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

The Teutonians have now opened communication links to you, and Romano has made a deal with them to supply your forces with some new gear. And the Teutonians, ingenious bastards that they are, simply rolled in a bunch of trucks, grabbed some of your peasants, and flattened some dirt around your capital, creating two airfields, which they will use to ship stuff to you.

But you need to decide what. You will not be able to change your mind later.

You have two airstrips. The northern one is already active, and will remain active as long as you control the western supply depot (the planes land there for refueling). The southern one will activate as soon as either you or the Teutonians take control of the northwestern supply depot (the one you lost to the Awfulians earlier).

Each airstrip can produce one of the following (splitting is not possible):

- 1250 supplies
- 2 Armoured Cars (+appropriate amount of RAW)
- 12 Machine Guns (+RAW)
- 6 Mortars (+RAW)
- ~450 Oil

Pick one for either airstrip. You can choose different boons for either or double up. The shipments should start arriving on your next turn.

Bear in mind that while these do not function as your win/loss condition, holding them or losing them will have different repercussions in the future, beyond the scenario.

Tevery Best fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 22, 2019

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I'll throw my vote toward Northern Airport Supplies and Southern Airport Armoured Cars. Very attached to the supplies, ready to be persuaded otherwise on the armored cars. If UPRA does an unexpectedly good job of coordinating their river crossing I will divert the northern 2 units toward the lost supply depot.

habituallyred fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Apr 23, 2019

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
There seems to be some hesitance on the discord as to which option to vote for. I will post my own biased take on each of the options to try and help things along.

1250 Supplies: Every army needs supplies, and ours is no exception. This is at least a third of what we will need every turn. Frees up local production centers to focus on basic infantry Personally I would rather have 50 well supplied troops rather than 100 poorly supplied troops. I admit it could be overkill in conjunction with supply changes we have already made. We either need these supplies right now, or not at all. Almost deniable as outside interference. Summary: (Immediate Pessimistic)

2 Armored Cars: Like tanks, if tanks were deathly allergic to other tanks. Checking the enemy formation summaries on the second page UPRA does not have tanks in any mentioned units. In combination with the open terrain we expect to operate in these will be excellent for counterattacking the enemy. With a guaranteed source of armored vehicles we don't have to worry quite as much about enemy AT guns. The main limit to our armored operations would be our oil supply. We currently have a small reserve mainly because we are not producing more tanks and are operating accordingly. We would rapidly run out of oil if we take this as our first choice. Ideally combined with oil import. Blatant foreign interference. Summary: (Delayed Optimism)

12 Machine Guns: Would nearly double our production of these invaluable defensive units. We are basically out of terrain we can afford to lose, so beefing up our defenses is a great idea. Not very useful if we cannot properly supply them. The offered unit least suited for offensive action. Dies as easily as any rifleman under bombardment or armored attack. Theoretically just an expansion of existing foreign interference. Summary: (Default Choice)

6 Mortars: A vital tool for any force looking to attack into rough terrain. I don't think we are planning on attacking into rough terrain anytime soon. Less prone to destruction due to its absence from the frontline, especially if integrated into existing units. Surprisingly effective against armored vehicles and artillery, compared to machineguns. Not a default part of our units, so provably foreign interference. Summary: (Immediate Optimism)

450ish Oil: Practically doubles our oil input to about 1100 units a turn. To put this in perspective our reserve was 2085 at the start of the turn. We are slowly running out of tanks, reducing our consumption. Despite that I doubt that we have enough fuel for every remaining tank unit to attack in a single turn. Vital if we plan on multiple armored attacks, useless if we do not. Taking this option first would greatly improve the armored car option. Moderately deniable. Summary: (Armor Optimism)

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

We don't need oil, we are running a surplus at the moment and combat doesn't use that much, it's traveling long distances that really burns it.

Supply if we need it, it's hard to tell otherwise mg and cars.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

December 19, 1928
Weather roll: 4+1=5 - all future weather rolls receive a +1 modifier.

Production and recruitment have dropped significantly due to the urgent need for more supplies. With Teutonian help, this is a less pressing need, and recruitment will be brought up again.

Fuel reserves have dropped, but you still have some available.

TF3's commander has levelled up yet again!

He unlocks a new trait - Teacher. It even immediately triggers, providing a minor experience boost to the entire TF. A bit late in the scenario, but every little bit counts, right?

Awfulian artillery shells the forlorn 40th Regiment.

Your northwestern front is shelled in every major area of unit concentration. Your forces are moderately disrupted because of that, but casualties are small.

UPRA forces have launched a coordinated offensive with their left flank. The results are quite devastating: two infantry regiments shattered, another one broken, and a cavalry unit sent fleeing.

In the northwest, Teutonians seem to have positioned themselves ahead of the giant roving cauldron of Awfulian tanks. Time will tell if that is enough to stop the enemy's march.

The enemy does not waste time and closes distance with you again. They are very close to the capital now.

Remember, protect Admiral Romano at all costs.

Every turn the Romano HQ is attacked, a die is rolled. On a 6+, Romano is killed.

If the Romano HQ is attacked by artillery from at least two regiments, the roll is modified by +1.
If it is attacked in land combat, the roll is modified by +1.
If it is attacked in land combat from at least three different directions, the roll is modified by +1.

If the Romano HQ is ever completely destroyed, Romano is killed or captured.

The UPRA offensive has weakened your right flank, separating Maitrechec Hills from the main force and opening a path to Driblenx. Further south, Awfulians are also active, cutting off 40th Regiment and threatening the port city itself.

You have 72 hours to submit your orders.

Readiness reports

Replacement reports

Situation overview

Situation map

Clean images

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Saros fucked around with this message at 10:23 on May 16, 2019