Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Watched this last night. The trailer made it look like a movie tailor made for me and it did not disappoint!

As has been said the visuals and score are fantastic. An aspect I particularly liked was the way that Red journeys further and further into the realm of fantasy as he went on his revenge quest. by the time he's approaching the church he's riding through lonely canyons on a four wheeler with a battle axe strapped to his back like some kind of knight riding through the wilderness into battle.

The last shot of the film reinforces this. Red exists completely in the kind of fantasy that Mandy reads and draws.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

Something else that occurred to me is that Red's line early in the film when Mandy asks him which planet he would be he says he wouldn't be a planet but instead is Galactus, eating the other planets.

This is good for shadowing of his relationship to the mysticism of the cult. He enters their world and almost immediately masters it, becoming a dominant force of destruction. The only other characters presented as Red's equal in "power" are the chemist and Mandy's ghost.

Flying Zamboni fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 22, 2018