Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.
Found the movie really underwhelming. It felt like a straight-forward 90 minute revenge movie stretched out to 120 minutes with overly long moody segments.

It was well done; the director definitely knew what he was doing with the visuals and the sound, but it didn't come together for me.

Mostly, I just never felt engaged in the movie or the characters. I never figured out if the movie was supposed to be campy or heavy and intense, and it didn't work for me as either or both.

The theater I was at didn't have that many people, and during the bathroom scene about half of the audience was nervously chuckling. I didn't find her death impactful, so instead of the scene feeling like a heavy take on him dealing with her death, it just feel like it drug on for me. I can see why people didn't know if they were supposed to laugh or not.

It wasn't a bad movie; I overall enjoyed it, I just think I got a lot less out of it than they were going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU