Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

This was so good. I have some gripes with it, but there’s so much love and attention in every frame of this. Maybe I’m wrong here, but it feels like Mandy’s one of the only “metal” films where the references don’t feel forced and it feels like part of a cohesive whole.

I mean, poo poo, Stephen O’Malley from Sunn O))) literally plays guitar on the score.

Friends Are Evil fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Sep 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Hollismason posted:

If no one picked up on it Beast the axe is basically shaped like a axe guitar.

It’s also based on the Celtic Frost logo. https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2018/09/14/nicolas-cages-weapon-in-mandy-was-inspired-by-celtic-frost-logo/

This movie is so loving metal.