Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Just got out of a packed screening at the Alamo, what a loving beautiful movie. Well worth the effort to see on the big screen if it's showing near you.

air- posted:

They certainly nailed the on-screen depiction of a horrific acid trip. I loved the gorgeous lighting and the various visual effects on hallucinations, especially Mandy and Jeremiah's faces bleeding into each other

That scene was so amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Spatulater bro! posted:

I just read an interview with Cosmatos where he reveals that he originally planned for Cage to play Jeremiah, not Red :aaa:

I'm glad it ended up the way it did, because that performance by Roache was fantastic.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Budgie Jumping posted:

This movie reminded me of an 80s Schwarzenegger movie (I hate this cliche but it really applies here) on acid.

It's funny you mention that, because I just learned that Panos Cosmatos' father directed Cobra and Rambo: First Blood Part II.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

e: haha wrong thread

On topic - I convinced a buddy of mine that lives in Singapore that he needed to see Mandy asap. He then managed to convince a group of 8 co-workers of his to all go with him, and he texted this from the theater about 2 hours ago. Eagerly awaiting an update to see how that went for them!

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Zwabu posted:

Am I mistaken or did Red spare the young female cultist his wrath? If so, why? She was complicit in all of it.

I got the feeling he rescued Mandy from a similar past, and the cultist girl reminded him of her.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

It's been posted a few times, but absolutely essential viewing.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Coffee And Pie posted:

I keep telling you the popcorn trick doesn’t count if you’re alone

It counts, you just have to sit on one hand for 20 minutes until it goes numb first.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Coffee And Pie posted:

Now that you mention it, that shot is pretty much just this shot from Enter the Dragon (which makes me love it even more)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QI26j81Khs

In the GQ video interview (that everyone should watch) Nic said that was exactly the shot he wanted to copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Marijuana posted:

I've taken some screen shots, folks.

edit bonus:

Someone upthread a ways back posted a huge imgur album of high res screengrabs. I'll have to dig that up.

e: here ya go

Origami Dali posted:

So I went ahead and uploaded a shitload of high quality screenshots from Mandy, in case anybody else wanted some.

Print them out and watch a Mandy flip-book movie!

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 19, 2018