Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
I'm gonna have to see this VOD. There's no nearby screenings I can get to. :(

4k TV ain't nothin to slouch at though. Still, I wanted to see it on tha big screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
DID YOU RIP MY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRT?

I absolutely loved every second of this madness. People saying it's brilliant and people saying it's a loving horrible mess are somehow both right.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
My favorite shot is Red marching through the tunnel underneath Jeremiah's church. I swear it had to be two different shots composited together; one of the tunnel and one of Cage walking, because it just looked so unreal (which is saying something for this loving movie).

Now I really need an action horror game where you battle some evil cult with axes and crossbows.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Me, seeing how much everyone loves this movie:

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
My favorite gag: the Chemist turning off the soundtrack

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Pirate Jet posted:

Could anyone tell what the demon biker says before Red shoves him into the burning car?

"She's still burning!

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
This is one of the few movies I've seen where the trailer is actually a pretty accurate depiction of what you're in for. It helps that most of the trailer's scenes are in the same order they appear in the movie AND all of the music comes right from the score. I'm reminded of the excellent, gorgeous theatrical trailer for Darren Aronofsky's The Fountain. I must have watched that trailer two dozen times before I finally saw the movie and was not disappointed. Same thing here.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Why was Mandy crying in the bar in Red's vision at the end?

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Wish there was a full transcript of the pages shown from Seeker of the Serpent's Eye. That one passage that Mandy reads from is surprisingly well written for what's supposed to be a trashy paperback.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

It’s both a memory of the moment they fell in love, and the moment her ghost is finally laid to rest.

Again, the other time Mandy sheds a tear is when she finds the dead fawn in the woods - point being that she sees Red as a baby animal, like the starlings in her fantasy. (See the line about the vicious snowflake later in the film - Red is in a way referring to himself.)

Ooh, fascinating. Thank you. There's just more and more to appreciate about this movie.

Al Cu Ad Solte fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
loving awesome. I'd read a whole novel of that.