Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

haha, this owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Cavauro posted:

There's no work for the best player on the team on a Monday when your next game is the following Monday

i think joey porter was there though?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Bengals are going to win that division

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

pasaluki posted:

Bengals are going to win that division

I was pretty amused by the fact that the Bengals don't have a single game left this season that isn't at 1 PM local time.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bengals have a much better defense than Pittsburgh and at least a comparable offense now that Bell is gone so they do have an ok shot in my biased opinion. It's also a 'Marvin almost got fired in the offseason' year, which they tend to do real well in.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Play posted:

I was pretty amused by the fact that the Bengals don't have a single game left this season that isn't at 1 PM local time.

Yeah, hmm, Bengals have a fun schedule, let's see SNF Flex scheduling begins week 5.

Steelers @ Bengals week 6!... ain't pushing out Chiefs - Patriots
Bengals @ Chiefs week 7 might be a much better game then Rams - 49ers, but that probably doesn't get moved either.
week 8 Bengals - Buccs isn't touching Saints- Vikings
week 10 is Cowboys - Eagles so lol
Here we go... week 13 Broncos @ Bengals is probably a much better game then 49ers-Seahawks
Failing that week 14 Bengals @ Chargers sounds better then Steelers - Raiders.
And week 17 Bengals @ Steelers could be a fun one.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wow what the gently caress is going on in Pittsburgh

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Yeah if the Bengals continue to have success they might earn one of those later slots. At the same time, it isn't really based on which game will be better but which game will get more people watching

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Bengals have a much better defense than Pittsburgh and at least a comparable offense now that Bell is gone so they do have an ok shot in my biased opinion. It's also a 'Marvin almost got fired in the offseason' year, which they tend to do real well in.

I'm not trying to downplay the significance of Bell being gone or anything, but the offense hasn't looked much different without him at all and it still looks well above Cincinnati.

Their defense is absolutely much better than Pittsburgh's though.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

Yeah, hmm, Bengals have a fun schedule, let's see SNF Flex scheduling begins week 5.

And week 17 Bengals @ Steelers could be a fun one.
Week 17 doesnt have a night game though, does it? I thought all games were 1:00 and 4:00 to prevent stinkers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Week 17 doesnt have a night game though, does it? I thought all games were 1:00 and 4:00 to prevent stinkers.

That's the slot that's left open so they can pick whatever the most interesting game will be.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Play posted:

Thats why I know they will win.

As long as they arent flexed to any primetime slots they will be really good

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The bengals schedule looks really nasty. The Raiders are the only easy slot out of conference.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

If the Bengals win a game at 1 PM and nobody is around to see it, does it even exist?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

The bengals schedule looks really nasty. The Raiders are the only easy slot out of conference.

Bengals are plenty nasty themselves. The Dline specifically is extremely underrated.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Play posted:

The Bucs play this Monday but other than that every game is 1 PM start. They don't even have a Thursday game this year.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope Bort keeps playing somewhat well.

:ohdear:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

indigi posted:

wow what the gently caress is going on in Pittsburgh

Entropy.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Locker room is too hip hop

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Randaconda posted:

I hope Bort keeps playing somewhat well.

:ohdear:
Hell, same. But next week is against the Titans so you know what is going to happen. Beating the Patriots is great, dont get me wrong, but hooo boy beating the Titans will sure be nice. Which is why it is not going to happen.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I assumed this was the case because I have eyes but I missed this tweet earlier:

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1041693908022054912

If you like points, watch Chiefs games.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
It's 2003 all over again

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Eh if the Steelers are bad for a couple of years, maybe we'll get another great QB and get rid of our lovely Defense coaches/systems and make the fanbase humble for a while.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I feel like that is the rightful end destination of any Andy Reid team. The man's obsessed with offense and has basically no time for the other side of the ball.

But hell, even a trash defense can get some stops and once they do you better hope that you can stop the offense. Someone is gonna figure it out, but Mahomes and all the guys he has to work with are the real deal. I'm interested to see what happens when they play a team that can get more pressure because the offensive line has been a lot better than expected so far and coverage alone is not going to stop this team.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

Eh if the Steelers are bad for a couple of years, maybe we'll get another great QB and get rid of our lovely Defense coaches/systems and make the fanbase humble for a while.

Maybe buck the trend of "we're letting our coordinator go because poo poo isn't working out and his system isn't working, also we're gonna just internally promote someone working under the coordinator who will basically keep doing the same thing."

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

I assumed this was the case because I have eyes but I missed this tweet earlier:

https://twitter.com/FO_ASchatz/status/1041693908022054912

If you like points, watch Chiefs games.

As a Saints fan, this seems familiar.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

As a Saints fan, this seems familiar.

Patriots last year were 1st / 3rd / 31st.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kalli posted:

Wow third?

Where you guys even trying

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

achillesforever6 posted:

LOL

Play posted:

I'm interested to see what happens when they play a team that can get more pressure because the offensive line has been a lot better than expected so far and coverage alone is not going to stop this team.
The Jaguars travel to KC week 5, I believe.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

make the fanbase humble for a while.

gently caress I'd never spit out coffee before. Water and soda but never coffee

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

winning with a top level offense is sustainable for quite a while compared to defenses :v:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nodoze posted:

winning with a top level offense is sustainable for quite a while compared to defenses :v:

Let's see.. the most gently caress defense team of each year:

2016: Falcons 1st / 7th / 26th
2015: Bills 9th / 24th / 12th
2014: Steelers 2nd / 12th / 30th or Saints 7th / 11th / 31st
2013: Chargers 2nd / 15th / 32nd
2012: n/a
2011: Packers 1st / 8th / 25th, Saints 2nd / 12th / 28th, Patriots 3rd / 5th / 30th.

Coincidentally basically all these teams were in the top 10, showing yeah, offense is more important then defense now. Schatz has mentioned in the past it used to be 3 parts offense, 3 parts defense, 1 part ST, and now it's closer to 4 O / 3 D / 1 S.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

Let's see.. the most gently caress defense team of each year:

2016: Falcons 1st / 7th / 26th
2015: Bills 9th / 24th / 12th
2014: Steelers 2nd / 12th / 30th or Saints 7th / 11th / 31st
2013: Chargers 2nd / 15th / 32nd
2012: n/a
2011: Packers 1st / 8th / 25th, Saints 2nd / 12th / 28th, Patriots 3rd / 5th / 30th.

I believe the 2010 Chargers were 1st/1st/32nd

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1042205608605298689

As a responder points out... the Lions did not in fact receive the ball to start the 2nd half.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Play posted:

16-0 baby

Then eliminated in wildcard round due to clerical error

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Eifert Posting posted:

16-0 baby

Then eliminated in wildcard round due to clerical error

Jags and Chiefs both 16-0 Bengals host the wildcard game and well you know.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

the Seahawks regressing into suckitude is a bitter pill, but the Steelers doing the same (and the Pats too please and thank you) would make it go down a whole lot better.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Neither the Steelers nor the Patriots will stop winning a lot of games. The Steelers won't beat the Patriots as per usual -- they have superior coaching and system. The Steelers draft better, so even with inferior coaching and drama, they won't be a basement dweller. Some old as Spring

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1042205608605298689

As a responder points out... the Lions did not in fact receive the ball to start the 2nd half.

This man was going to be maintaining nuclear subs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Speaking as someone who used to work alongside rocket scientists, they're not really that bright outside of their field

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Sep 19, 2018

• Locked thread