Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

God cursed the Vikings to miss those Field Goals, because this game rightfully belonged to the Packers in His eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

adaz posted:

Pretty fired up for Jags @ Chiefs. Best defense in the NFL against Mahomes Magic in 2 weeks will answer some (awesome) questions.

The big question is if the Chiefs D can stop Bortles. I predict Mahomes with 28 points. We will see if that will do it.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

quote:

Vontae Davis retired during game 2 of the 2018 season telling Head Coach Sean McDermott "I’m done, yeet.”

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I was wondering why the Bills defense got better

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Substandard posted:

The big question is if the Chiefs D can stop Bortles. I predict Mahomes with 28 points. We will see if that will do it.

Imagine saying this week 2 of last year. Love the NFL.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

To think I rooted for him when he played for Illinois...what a disgrace

Edit: anyway I like Allen alot more than I thought I would. He didnt play incredibly but especially for his first game, he did several things that impressed me on a team that is dogshit bad.

Chargers have some pretty sweet players and Rivers just loving rules. Who doesnt like Rivers?

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 16, 2018

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

But seriously, tell Bob Sutton to get the gently caress out as soon as the plane lands at KCI.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

LiquidFriend posted:

But seriously, tell Bob Sutton to get the gently caress out as soon as the plane lands at KCI.

:science: MCI :science:

Also, Fitz is apparently doing a bit and its the best
https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/1041429044603043840

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

adaz posted:

Are there any seats available on the TB bandwagon?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

adaz posted:

Imagine looking at this picture and realizing it's the Tampa quarterback who isn't a rapist.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

adaz posted:

Ok, it's almost worth the Eagles losing on what I thought was going to be a give me game going into this season because our Superbowl-caliber, amazing, most complete in the NFL roster can't manage to pull out a win if they only have their Superbowl MVP backup QB playing instead of their even better one, because this whole thing is amazing.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

gotta say I'm appreciating this novel "let's not win games" strategy of the Steelers and I hope they keep it up

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Paracaidas posted:

Imagine looking at this picture and realizing it's the Tampa quarterback who isn't a rapist.

You don't need to rape when you are that loving smooth.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

The Little Kielbasa posted:

Are there any seats available on the TB bandwagon?

All in on fitzmagic and the bucs being good. Tampa Bay has been lost in the wilderness for too long.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Someone please make this my avatar.

https://twitter.com/browns/status/1041413119292203009?s=21

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
https://mobile.twitter.com/sindap/status/1041433091758338053

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Holy poo poo Mahomes

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m assuming the joke there is that he looks like Conor McGregor

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

iospace posted:

Are you going to update your avatar?

If someone posts the update I will buy it.

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
I’ve given Clay Matthews so much poo poo over the past week, but that roughing the passer call was terrible. He didn’t even land with his weight on him, he landed ON him but braced himself with his left arm. That was rough.

BUT WE TIED so I don’t even care lmao that was hilarious, also two Vikings players had terrible days at the office. I feel really bad for those guys

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

lmfao

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I for one am glad that the Steelers are bad and the should be bad for a while longer so they can rebuild, though I worry about the safety of Mike Tomlin from being lynched by the loving racists/Nazis that live in this city

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

LabyaMynora posted:

Vikings-Packers refs hosed up the entire game. Yeah, Vikes got some calls, and the Packers got some calls, but the refs determined the outcome of the game. The Packers won that game on that INT when the refs called a bullshit roughing the passer on Clay Matthews.

Just loving atrocious.

The penalty Clay Mathews received is the penalty that came about because of the Anthony Barr tackle of Aaron Rodgers. The Packers should have lost the game, that way the A-Ron dick sucking NFL head office would suddenly realize their error and the stupid rule would go away.

E: that Fitz pic is amazing.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
im glad the bengals won and the steelers lost

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Darth Brooks posted:

The penalty Clay Mathews received is the penalty that came about because of the Anthony Barr tackle of Aaron Rodgers. The Packers should have lost the game, that way the A-Ron dick sucking NFL head office would suddenly realize their error and the stupid rule would go away.

E: that Fitz pic is amazing.

Not true actually. According to the refs it had nothing to do with the new rules

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Putting this in here too:

https://giant.gfycat.com/IllinformedNaughtyCockatoo.mp4

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
That should not be a penalty. All good pass rushers are about to get nullified.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Strobe posted:

This is the best Chiefs offense that has ever been fielded.

This is pretty much the worst Steelers defense since the merger :tipshat:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

adaz posted:

Not true actually. According to the refs it had nothing to do with the new rules

So these 2 things combined, he put so much into the pass he came off the ground, and from the Refs view Mathews lifted as he tackled.

Seems a bad call with the slow-mo view, but in real time from behind it probably looked way worse.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Wow that's pretty ridiculous. What they should do instead is just call it like it used to be called and have all questionable QB hits reviewed and institute yellow and red card system like they have in soccer. Red card is instant ejection. Two yellow cards is a red card. Two yellow cards in consecutive games means you miss the next game.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yes, what football really needs is new and more complicated rules and also more chances to stop the game for several minutes to review

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Maybe the Lions are really bad

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
I can see why they called that given how they've called other weak poo poo in week 1. It's consistent with other hits at least

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Master Stur posted:

I can see why they called that given how they've called other weak poo poo in week 1. It's consistent with other hits at least

I can understand this flag more than the body weight one they have called

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Athanatos posted:

Yea, he hit the QB hard and you pretty much can’t do that anymore. It’s dumb, but consistent with the way they seem to be calling things lately.

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Athanatos posted:

Yeah. I've only been casually watching red zone this year outside Bengal games. So I can very well be wrong, but I disagree w/ calling this a new catch rule because it seems they've been very strict against hits on the QB in general. The sean williams ejecting in w1 followed by the atl player getting ejected for the same hit. It's at least been consistent in what I've watched.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Very disappointing game for the Jets, no other way to put it. It felt like one of those miserable games where the Jets hang around the whole game, but you know they are not going to win it.

The Darnold turnovers? Fine. We expected these games, and he did a lot of good things over the course of the game. That's life with a rookie QB. But some of the other stuff, from the pass protection to receivers dropping passes to Pryor running a lazy route and causing an INT to the defense allowing the Dolphins to convert a 3RD AND NINETEEN in the 4th quarter was incredibly frustrating.

Oh, the pass rush was nice. That was one positive. Copeland looked pretty good.

Either way, not feeling too good about playing the Browns on Thursday. That is going to be a tough game.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Guys Ryan Fitzpatrick postgame garment selection has another plot twist
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1041441410443091968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

adaz posted:

Guys Ryan Fitzpatrick postgame garment selection has another plot twist
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1041441410443091968