Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Kim Jong Il posted:

Chris Ash has imploded in spectacular fashion. I've been shaking with anger over the past nine hours and am still apoplectic. The dude has done some things well but has no business being a head coach anywhere. We made a big mistake going for someone without HC experience.

disband Rutgers football

in fact, just completely destroy the entire Big Ten East, nothing of value will be lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Relegate Rutgers to the FCS where those loving losers belong, quit dragging down my lovely conference

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Roasted Donut posted:

Relegate Rutgers to the FCS where those loving losers belong, quit dragging down my lovely conference

Is rutgers an FCS playoff contender?

Over time, i'm pretty sure they've just been an average FCS program going back to their rivalries in the ivy league.

Dilber fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 16, 2018

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Nebraska is somehow worse than I thought,I wish for death and its week 2, all is well

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Is Rutgers really imploding when they are doing exactly what they've done for years? Aren't they just ploding?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Texas is going to be ranked again tomorrow and that's so loving stupid

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

AsInHowe posted:

Is Rutgers really imploding when they are doing exactly what they've done for years? Aren't they just ploding?

I mean, I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Rutgers of yesteryear was still better than Kansas.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

TipTow posted:

Texas is going to be ranked again tomorrow and that's so loving stupid

I dunno

Bama 2nd string might take the spot

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I ironically rooted for Akron for 2 quarters then sincerely for 2 quarters while wearing Akron gear in northwesterns stadium but now that it appears Akron hadn't beaten a big 10 team since 1894: lollllll

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
alabama is going to beat everyone by 40 points this year and I'm only 25% joking

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gary Patterson learned why it might be a bad idea to liken his QB to Andy Dalton prior to a game in primetime

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
https://twitter.com/barstooltweetss/status/1041092354847985665

Just in case anyone missed this bit of terribleness

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

While watching the OSU-TCU game, one of the receivers caught the ball and hopped twice on one foot. Which caused me to learn that would not count as two feet down in the NFL. gently caress learning

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

PSU kicked the poo poo out of Kent, good job good effort

UNT kicked the poo poo out of Arkansas, hot drat Arky is bad. There's a real chance UNT could run the table as CUSA is extremely bad

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I told my mom that BYU was a trap game.

I was right :smith:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, Rutgers is the Browns of the FBS. You keep them around so you feel better about your team.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

https://twitter.com/barstooltweetss/status/1041092354847985665

Just in case anyone missed this bit of terribleness

:lol:

I feel like this is exactly what it looked like when the forward pass was invented.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Also Texas is back etc etc

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Today, in Boat Racing:

Arkansas-Pine Bluff 6

South Dakota State... 90 :psyboom:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401030156

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

TEXAS BITCH

(is this what im supposed to do or?)

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

iospace posted:

Today, in Boat Racing:

Arkansas-Pine Bluff 6

South Dakota State... 90 :psyboom:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401030156

i want to see arkansas play arkansas pine bluff

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also holy poo poo is FSU bad.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
I hate watching the Huskers but really enjoy watching everyone else's teams

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
The Mizzou Tigers are bad at football

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
After a brief 5-7 game hiatus from not hating everything about Auburn's secondary, today put me right back into "my loving god why can't these guys ever just not gently caress up" mode.

I even counted today after the first couple passes in the first quarter. LSU threw the ball long (I was saying 10+ yards) about 22 times, out of those 22 times something good happened for them on 14 or 15 of them (there was some hysteria at the end and I might have gotten mixed up). By "something good" I mean the receiver caught the ball, or there was DPI/holding. Out of the other 7/8 I think half of those were misthrown and had no chance of being caught by anyone.

So basically a team was playing a defense that would give up a long completion on 2/3rds of the attempts, with no interceptions against, and only successfully defended the man on about 15% of the attempts. I feel like this is about the historical average going back over, say, 7 years.

loving figure it out Auburn.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Oh well, at least we're not FSU and we get to blow the doors off of Arkansas next weekend.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shappa posted:

Oh well, at least we're not FSU and we get to blow the doors off of Arkansas next weekend.

[RON HOWARD VOICE] They didn't.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/1041168554224222208

lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Scionix posted:

alabama is going to beat everyone by 40 points this year and I'm only 25% joking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKpdGAPiKgU&t=3s

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
This is a great day for the Enemies of Rutgers Athletics

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BIG LIGHTS BIG STAGE BIG TEN

I’m glad the MSU-Central game wasn’t this week because we surely would’ve lost

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Big Ten sucks QTIYD

E:f,b kinda

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
To be fair, 5 of those losses were in the West. The three East contenders that played today won convincingly.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Henchman of Santa posted:

To be fair, 5 of those losses were in the West. The three East contenders that played today won convincingly.

I wouldn't call OSU pulling away late "convincingly", but you do you.

(also gently caress OSU and tOSU)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I can’t believe my school is going to give Rutgers its only win.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
I enjoyed watching Texas look like a halfway competent football team and win a game against a big-name opponent in front of a full stadium. I mostly conclude that USC is really, really bad, but this was a nice change from looking like total dogshit against other, also very bad teams the last couple weeks.

Tim Beck still sucks.

“He is Mensa. He is Mice and Men.” - a GDT-level Gus Johnson quote.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

iospace posted:

I wouldn't call OSU pulling away late "convincingly", but you do you.

(also gently caress OSU and tOSU)

They beat a top 15 team by double digits in a pseudo-road game while their conference was getting laid to waste by Temple, Kansas and Troy

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh my goodness

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Folks,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

akron had like 150 penalty yards against them too