Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
northwestern :chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

maybe northwestern is just doing an impression of the worst power 5 team in the country so it will be funnier when they beat notre dame

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Northwestern under Fitzgerald has always been capable of beating or losing to any opponent at any time

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Houston's still very bad

Then again, everyone's bad except Alabama

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Sep 16, 2018

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

love to spend a quarter billion dollars on a football practice facility

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Korranus posted:

Houston's still very bad

Extend Major Applewhite.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
PSU goons, how does the team look? I've been honeymooning and haven't been able to catch even a snap of Nittany Lions football yet.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

akron had like 150 penalty yards against them too

it was a horrific game to watch live with the amount of stoppages. i was sure NU was gonna win after the double personal foul play

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i was bummed i couldn't make it to the game tonight because i considered it the one winnable game on northwestern's home schedule until illinois.

now they have home games against: michigan, nebraska, wisconsin, notre dame, and illinois. they could legitimately lose out at home this year.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

R.D. Mangles posted:

they could legitimately lose out at home this year.

let me tell you about Andrew Bunch and Nebraska's O line

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Seaniqua posted:

let me tell you about Andrew Bunch and Nebraska's O line

Illinois you're our only hope

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Crescent Wrench posted:

PSU goons, how does the team look? I've been honeymooning and haven't been able to catch even a snap of Nittany Lions football yet.

Offense more or less hasn't hit a speed bump and has looked real good. The oline is much improved and outside of some bad WR drops they've dominated. Trace and Miles are all american quality

The defense has been realllly inconsistent. They've alternated between utterly dominating an then inextricably being dominated. App State's QB is NFL good which explains the first game, coaching fixed the run D issues in the second game, and outside of penalties they whipped rear end this whole game. They're still rotating a ton of freshman and inexperienced guy on defense which is good for the experience but still leads to some total clusterfuck situations.

They're pretty good but if they don't play more consistent Ohio State is going to kick their rear end, even if their game tonight gave me more hope.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

R.D. Mangles posted:

i was bummed i couldn't make it to the game tonight because i considered it the one winnable game on northwestern's home schedule until illinois.

now they have home games against: michigan, nebraska, wisconsin, notre dame, and illinois. they could legitimately lose out at home this year.

Akron is a lot better than Nebraska and possibly Illinois and Notre Dame so don't give up hope yet

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:ARKANSAS BAD:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:UNT GOOD:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Y'all I think the Pac-12 South is bad this year

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
I never want to think of that Mizzou game again, holy poo poo

at least they won

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Texas slapped usc around hard in the second half

Our defense loving destroyed them

Negative 5 rushing yards for the whole game

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
after that game, i gotta say the jury is still out on whether unlv is bowl bound this season (to non-pessimistic people)

the team just kinda exists right now

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Gus Malzahn can beat Saban, but he can’t beat DaCoachO.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lessail posted:

after that game, i gotta say the jury is still out on whether unlv is bowl bound this season (to non-pessimistic people)

the team just kinda exists right now

Pv loving blows

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
someone please take paul johnson away from georgia tech

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Webbeh posted:

someone please take paul johnson away from georgia tech

we'll trade you one timothy beck and a coupon to an austin area bbq place of your choosing

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
lol Chip Kelly

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

God damnit.

We’re never getting rid of Tim Beck, are we? :cripes:

How did this happen?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

God damnit.

We’re never getting rid of Tim Beck, are we? :cripes:

How did this happen?

David ash bitch

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

ESPN is favoring Texas to beat TCU next week and I don’t know what’s real anymore. :psyduck:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Shinjobi posted:

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:ARKANSAS BAD:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:UNT GOOD:supaburn::supaburn::supaburn:

We want Bama-Birmingham

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

ESPN is favoring Texas to beat TCU next week and I don’t know what’s real anymore. :psyduck:

excuse me?

they dont even have the game next week, they dont have to hype this

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That's real dumb everyone should bet on TCU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

That's real dumb everyone should bet on TCU

texas is undefeated when i bet against them, i guess i have to take one for the team

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

buddhanc posted:

Texas slapped usc around hard in the second half

Our defense loving destroyed them

Negative 5 rushing yards for the whole game

not a fan of this look

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Zoran posted:

not a fan of this look

Doesn't matter we still bad

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Zoran posted:

not a fan of this look

I am quite certain OU will beat us this year, if that makes you feel any better.

Having said that, our ceiling for this season may be higher than I expected. Like maybe 9-3 or 8-4.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Zoran posted:

not a fan of this look

remember when we beat TOP TEN NOTRE DAME lol

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

At least I can enjoy the next week without having to think about us getting shithoused by some garbage team

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

It was hard to convince some people that the first two games for ASU didn't represent anything different than what we had with Graham. Somehow everyone forgot that last year's team held #5 Washington to 7 points. The defense was poo poo the rest of the time, but they had a shining performance. Somehow people thought the MSU game wasn't the same thing. The real torture of being a Sun Devil fan isn't that they're always bad. They will play just well enough to get hopes up so that it stings more when the wheels fall off. I don't fall for it as hard as I used to.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm not 100% positive Arizona is going to win again but it's always nice to watch 62 points scored in person. Tate doesn't seem to have the same explosiveness as he had last year but at least he's making good enough decisions with the ball that it doesn't matter a ton.

I have . . . a lot of of concerns about the defense that seeing the team in person made even worse, but, now is not the time to harp on them.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Scionix posted:

alabama is going to beat everyone by 40 points this year and I'm only 25% joking
Tua gonna ride the pine.

In the 4th quarter of every game.

Because Bama is up by 30 at the half.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
FSU might not win another game this year.

Our offensive line is uh... bad. I wonder how Rick Trickett is doing at Texas A&M, since he's the best offensive line coach in the universe and Jimbo could just never get rid of him because he's so good and so surely he took him with him since he's the best offensive line coach in the universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
The first line is "Ohio State overcame the adversity of Urban Meyer's absence"

https://twitter.com/AP_Top25/status/1041187943128477697?s=19

• Locked thread