Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

JonathonSpectre posted:

FSU might not win another game this year.

Our offensive line is uh... bad. I wonder how Rick Trickett is doing at Texas A&M, since he's the best offensive line coach in the universe and Jimbo could just never get rid of him because he's so good and so surely he took him with him since he's the best offensive line coach in the universe.

I don’t think Trickett came with Jimbo— Turner is still OL coach here.

As much as I dislike FSU, I really want Taggart to succeed. Seeing how Sumlin was treated at A&M last season...I don’t wish that on anybody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Mizzou's D made Purdue's backup QB look like he was playing pickup 7 man football. It was really bad. We still won, although they only scored 13 points in the second half (including 7 off the freak TD catch below) it felt much worse.

I look forward to getting plowed by UGA

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

JonathonSpectre posted:

Our offensive line is uh... bad. I wonder how Rick Trickett is doing at Texas A&M, since he's the best offensive line coach in the universe and Jimbo could just never get rid of him because he's so good and so surely he took him with him since he's the best offensive line coach in the universe.

I don’t think he’s on staff at A&M, Jimbo retained Jim Turner as OL coach

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm still wearing my Akron Zips shirt to celebrate their first victory over the big ten since 1894

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

JonathonSpectre posted:

FSU’s OL is as bad a line as I can remember at a major program. Francois is going to be drinking his meals before he leaves campus.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA played like poo poo for 75% of the first half but were up 42-7 at the break anyway. Lot of home run hitters on this offense. Secondary's gonna have their hands full with Drew Lock next week, but Mizzou almost lost to Purdue, so I 'unno.

Are there even 10 good teams in college football right now? What a mess.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

LeeMajors posted:

FSU’s OL is as bad a line as I can remember at a major program. Francois is going to be drinking his meals before he leaves campus.

The play where Francois refused his OL's help getting off the ground is "oh poo poo" territory. 1-11 is a legitimate concern.

FSU is going to debut a new offense next week that's just the long snapper, Francois 10 yards back, and 9 skill guys spread out across the field. The idea of an "offensive line" is in the past. Stopping or even momentarily slowing opposing defensive players is a relic of a '90s mindset. Snap the ball, everyone runs in all directions, toss it to the guy who's the most open.

I have no idea.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1041322580966297600

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

mastershakeman posted:

I'm still wearing my Akron Zips shirt to celebrate their first victory over the big ten since 1894

They've got a chance at a Big XII win next week, too!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

ESPN, like Urban Meyer as well as Ohio State for letting him off the hook, is trash.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Fire Willie Fritz. Tulane should be better in his third year.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

JonathonSpectre posted:

The play where Francois refused his OL's help getting off the ground is "oh poo poo" territory. 1-11 is a legitimate concern.

FSU is going to debut a new offense next week that's just the long snapper, Francois 10 yards back, and 9 skill guys spread out across the field. The idea of an "offensive line" is in the past. Stopping or even momentarily slowing opposing defensive players is a relic of a '90s mindset. Snap the ball, everyone runs in all directions, toss it to the guy who's the most open.

I have no idea.

Sounds like an adapted version of that A-11 high school offense that everyone quickly banned for being too funny

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

JonathonSpectre posted:

Yeah I saw that. It was on that series where he was flattened on three straight plays*.

*i realized this happened more than once after I posted

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Cnidario posted:

I don’t think Trickett came with Jimbo— Turner is still OL coach here.

As much as I dislike FSU, I really want Taggart to succeed. Seeing how Sumlin was treated at A&M last season...I don’t wish that on anybody.

What was the story with Sumlin? I thought he was let go on account of never turning the corner. Richt was fired for less.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Henchman of Santa posted:

BIG LIGHTS BIG STAGE BIG TEN

I’m glad the MSU-Central game wasn’t this week because we surely would’ve lost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WO-QTJer3vU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

i suppose it is funny that the only way an illini fan can revel in a victory over northwestern is by stealing akron valor

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

He can't really believe that... right?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacebump posted:

Lol you were calling him one of the best coaches in the country like two weeks ago.

Iowa beat the poo poo out of Northern Iowa which is a welcome change of pace from most of our games against UNI. The starting defense has allowed 3 points through 3 games which seems pretty decent.

Sucks Wisconsin lost and probably hosed up us getting gameday. I'm also still pretty sure they're going to beat us like 9-3 or something because I still have no faith in our offense.

Thoguh posted:

They've got a chance at a Big XII win next week, too!

Y'all played well yesterday you'll be fine. Might be the last win for awhile though that schedule is absurdly front loaded

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Texas has more wins over ranked teams this year than Michigan lol

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

UGA played like poo poo for 75% of the first half but were up 42-7 at the break anyway. Lot of home run hitters on this offense. Secondary's gonna have their hands full with Drew Lock next week, but Mizzou almost lost to Purdue, so I 'unno.

Are there even 10 good teams in college football right now? What a mess.

I’m surprised with the threat of weather that we didn’t shorten the fourth or so a second half rolling clock or something, doubly so when Middle Tennessee was having players drop like flies.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

In case anyone missed the fake fair catch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHo1-VmxlK0

KKKLIP ART posted:

I’m surprised with the threat of weather that we didn’t shorten the fourth or so a second half rolling clock or something, doubly so when Middle Tennessee was having players drop like flies.

They were apparently going to shorten it to 10 minutes. That was announced on radio in the third quarter by the sideline reporter.

When the clock instead read 15 minutes, Scott Howard and Eric Zeier speculated that because the third quarter went so fast, they kept it at 15 minutes to appease the advertisers.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Happy Sunday yall

https://twitter.com/Scott_Charlton/status/1041041317520965633?s=19

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Benne posted:

Y'all I think the Pac-12 South is bad this year

It is. But Washington is also bad. Utah should have won if they didn't keep making stupid mistakes like inexplicably tossing the ball out of bounds when they are running towards the endzone or overthrowing their wide open guy in the endzone by 10 yards. or dropping a two yard pass with a clear path to the endzone, etc.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

It’s like a scheme from an Archie comic. Or Saved by the Bell.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

It’s like a scheme from an Archie comic. Or Saved by the Bell.

That fuckin overbite...

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
"Mismanaged Employee: The Jerry Sandusky Story"

"Mismanaged Employee: The Larry Nassar Story"

"Mismanaged Employees Student Athletes: The NCAA Story"

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Georgia Tech not going bowling this season again

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

A&M won by a lot and didn’t look great doing it, but we were probably being conservative and at least Ole Miss’ offense gave Jimbo some good tape on scoring plays against Bama, let me check that score real quick...

:aaaaa:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Targeting should be a spot foul

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Spacebump posted:

Yeah, do that so Kansas can hire him.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Minnesota and Iowa are tied for first in the big ten west

god willing, this will still be true a week from now

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
LSU up to #6

Week 4 Coaches Poll

1) Alabama

2) Clemson

3) Georgia

4) Ohio State

5) Oklahoma

6) LSU

7) Stanford

8) Notre Dame

9) Penn State

10) Va. Tech

11) Auburn

12) Washington

13) West Virginia

14) Miss St

15) Oklahoma State

16) Wisconsin

17) TCU

18) UCF

19) Oregon

20) Miami

21) Michigan

22) Texas A&M

23) Michigan State

24) Boise State

25) Boston College

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Hed posted:

Mizzou's D made Purdue's backup QB look like he was playing pickup 7 man football. It was really bad. We still won, although they only scored 13 points in the second half (including 7 off the freak TD catch below) it felt much worse.

I look forward to getting plowed by UGA

I don't think Mizzou played as bad as some people circling the drain do. That lucky rear end play was like 70 yards and a bunch of obvious missed calls stalled Mizzou drives/led to Purdue points. I think they played like they won by 10-13 points instead of a last minute FG (which probably would have been 7 had it not been at the very end of the game). They're not gonna beat Georgia or Bama, but I am seeing an 8 win floor.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

LLCoolJD posted:

What was the story with Sumlin? I thought he was let go on account of never turning the corner. Richt was fired for less.

There were several reasons, including inability to develop and retain QBs (after being touted as a QB whisperer—which, in hindsight, was almost totally due to Kliff), sloppy/inconsistency on both sides of the ball, and utter inability to finish a season strong. We supposedly had enough talent to fight for #2 or 3 in SEC West, but never really looked that way.

If you are looking for a metaphor which describes all of Sumlin’s problems, look to the UCLA game last year.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Democratic Pirate posted:

A&M won by a lot and didn’t look great doing it, but we were probably being conservative and at least Ole Miss’ offense gave Jimbo some good tape on scoring plays against Bama, let me check that score real quick...

:aaaaa:

We’re going to get pantsed by Bama. Don’t listen to ESPN, this is going to be ugly.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

We want Bama-Birmingham

I'll have you know, we came off a tough loss to the mighty Chanticleers of Coastal Carolina and proceeded to upset Tulane yesterday. We even had a fat man recover a fumble and lumber almost 50 yards for a TD. Blazers are back, baby.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

bvlah posted:

Georgia Tech not going bowling this season again

This is pretty much it for Johnson, right? Tech can do better than "very good one out of every four years, miss a bowl the other three" IMO

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What is Jonson or any other important staffs buyout?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

What is Jonson or any other important staffs buyout?

PJ would cost them $2M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Silly Burrito posted:

LSU up to #6

Week 4 Coaches Poll

1) Alabama

2) Clemson

3) Georgia

4) Ohio State